Any news?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ronin203

Any news?

Post by ronin203 »

I've been away from the forum for a while. Last time I was here there was talk of an Ayoob sprint run. Any more news on this? :spyder:
if you find yourself in a fair fight, you did'nt prepare well enough. .." Hock Hochiem"..:spyder: " An object at rest cannot be stopped". The evil bomber what bombs at midnight. ;) :spyder: :spyder:
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Not that I have heard. I think JD may be planning to ambush Sal about it at Blade :D
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
JD Spydo

Ayoob: Not about to forget

Post by JD Spydo »

yablanowitz wrote:Not that I have heard. I think JD may be planning to ambush Sal about it at Blade :D
Sshhh!!!! You weren't supposed to tell :rolleyes: Oh yes I have a lot of things I want to present to Mr. Glesser at BLADE if I am lucky enough to catch him not busy.

And believe me I fully plan on bringing up that thread we had on Bladeforums where Massad Ayoob himself chimed in. A ZDP-189 Ayoob C-60 model is high priority to me for sure.

I also want to lobby for a newly revamped JD Smith, Spyderhawk, Big Dyad and a few others I can think of. But those are highest on my wish list. But Yab I got a feeling you will be doing some lobbying yourself. Yes the AYOOB needs another.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

How about a little Ayoob flavor to get our juices flowing and get revved up to help JD lobby for an Ayoob come back! ;) :D

bigkahunasix

Post by bigkahunasix »

Could be that more than JD and Yab vying for lobby time with the honorable
Mr. Glesser. I'm trying to get there too. A reissue Ayoob, Dodo, and Rookie
are all on my list of "talking points". As well as JD's pet Spyderhawk. Bigk6
Been packing at least two Spyderco knives a day since 1984

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

JD Spydo wrote:Sshhh!!!! You weren't supposed to tell :rolleyes: Oh yes I have a lot of things I want to present to Mr. Glesser at BLADE if I am lucky enough to catch him not busy.

And believe me I fully plan on bringing up that thread we had on Bladeforums where Massad Ayoob himself chimed in. A ZDP-189 Ayoob C-60 model is high priority to me for sure.

I also want to lobby for a newly revamped JD Smith, Spyderhawk, Big Dyad and a few others I can think of. But those are highest on my wish list. But Yab I got a feeling you will be doing some lobbying yourself. Yes the AYOOB needs another.
Easy there, JD, best not ask Sal too much at once lest he demonstrate his waved Endura quickness for you ;)

Since you've already had your hawkbill wish granted, would you be so kind as to spare the Spyderhawk for a bit and use that wish for a FRN Lava? :D

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
ronin203

Post by ronin203 »

Thanks guys, I've got my fingers crossed. :spyder:
if you find yourself in a fair fight, you did'nt prepare well enough. .." Hock Hochiem"..:spyder: " An object at rest cannot be stopped". The evil bomber what bombs at midnight. ;) :spyder: :spyder:
Padawan

Post by Padawan »

I am admittedly not terribly familiar with the Ayoob, but from what I've seen and read, it appears to be designed primarily as a self-defence / MBC knife. As such, it doesn't seem like ZDP-189 would be all that beneficial, or even remotely ideal, for such a knife. In this application, toughness would be a far more important attribute than the high hardness and edge stability/retention that ZDP-189 offers, no?
ronin203

Post by ronin203 »

FRN Lava, I like the sound of that. :cool:
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I don't really care if they make the Ayoob AUS-8, as long as the handle is either G-10 or peel ply CF. The original VG-10 blade was fine, but I just have a hard time liking metal handles. I have an even harder time liking SMOOTH metal handles. I can't really call it prejudice, since I have about fifty knives with metal handles (SS, aluminum, titanium, carbon steel, plain, painted, anodized, you name it) all of which I have carried, and non of which I still carry.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
ronin203

Post by ronin203 »

I agree, a G-10 handle is the most important thing if they do a sprint run. Even FRN would be better than stainless steel. :spyder: