g-10 raven

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
boogeyman

g-10 raven

Post by boogeyman »

can someone tell when (if) this is coming out?

if not soon i'm going to bite the bullet and buy the vex :(
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Say what?
Giving money and honour to "those we don't speak of"?
Just wait till you hold the G-10 Flight.

All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
Padawan

Post by Padawan »

boogeyman wrote:if not soon i'm going to bite the bullet and buy the vex :(
What's wrong with the G-10 Meadowlark or Cara Cara while you wait?
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Boogeyman,

There is a G-10 Raven & Crow "in the works", but we're still pretty early in the process, so it will be a while.

sal
boogeyman

Post by boogeyman »

i need a new knife to be taken everywhere... including the boat. i was leaning towards a fixed blade; but, i have decided that a folder suits me better. i wanted something like aus8 with a black blade for corrosion resistance and g10 handles for grip and looks. i love everything about the raven... especially the handle and the sweet byrd look. it's summertime so i'm in and around the water more than ever and desperately need a knife that i can buy a couple of w/o breaking the bank. i narrowed it down to the raven and the vex. the funny thing is... i wouldn't even be thinking about the vex if it didn't have a spydie hole... i mean... um... you know.

p.s. i lost my tasman salt; but, found that aside from forms of line, it wasn't what i was looking for on the boat. i do like the salt and pacific salt; but, need a little more belly and a sharper point. i.e. deflating a stomach, cutting greenies/sardines, and backup backup defense to a glock, a speargun, and a flare gun. lol :D
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

Here's a crazy idea, Have you thought about the aluminum raven? The feather texture helps the grip quite a bit and the handle is very egronomic. Granted, it's not G10, but it does have a thicker handle than even a FRN delica, so there is plenty of handle to hold on to.

Besides, you can get two ravens for the price of a vex ;)

I guess I may be a little biased, then again, my dad carries his raven more than the SS endura I got him.
surawut

Post by surawut »

I really would love to see Raven in G-10. I really think it would be a good value knife for outdoor. Since it has all the features that I like, such as the sharp point, open construction, length, weight is just right. I am really looking forward for Raven in G-10.

By the way, if the new Flatgrind byrd that look similar to Raven (Catbyrd) is available with the Raven handle and lock, that would be even better.

I think Raven will look more appealing with the Flat Ground.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Sharpest thing you need to have is your mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dialex

Post by dialex »

Piet.S wrote:Say what?
Giving money and honour to "those we don't speak of"?
Just wait till you hold the G-10 Flight.

Oh boy! Gotta have this one!
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.

Post by 224477 »

Buy a Spyderco instead of BM!!! :cool:

I would better go with a classic VG10 Delica4 than the Vex!

Sal, any chance for a G10 Crossbill? Or another lock back hawkbill with G10 from byrd?
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

the G10 flight is going to be amaaaaaaaaaaaazing. i cannot BELIEVE the quality of my G10 cara-cara!!!!!!!!

yea -- why buy a vex??? like i've said before... it's a transvestite of a knife. might look good, but you know it just ain't the real thing.
Rogcohen

Post by Rogcohen »

I probably missed it, but any approximate time on when the G10 flight is coming out?
Roger
boogeyman

Post by boogeyman »

cobrajoe,

yes, i've thought about the aluminum. if i lived where temps were around 70-80 degrees all the time... i'd get it. fact is, i live in south florida and the heat index on the water on days with no wind is around 110. i know how hot aluminum can get, let alone black aluminum. i'd just rather have g10.

sal,

i like the design of the crow much much much more than the vex. so, can you pleeeeaaaaase hurry with the g10 version? I really want it... furthermore, I NEED IT.
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

Sweet black blade too I hope!
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose