203 Sharpmaker

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JBE

203 Sharpmaker

Post by JBE »

Anyone else still use the older 203 Sharpmaker or am I the odd man out here? I've been using mine for almost 10 years now and am debating whether to finally upgrade to a 204 or not.
Jason
JD Spydo

Old versus new

Post by JD Spydo »

JBE wrote:Anyone else still use the older 203 Sharpmaker or am I the odd man out here? I've been using mine for almost 10 years now and am debating whether to finally upgrade to a 204 or not.
It's been a many moons ago when I still owned a 203 unit. Why do you not want the extra selection of angles you have with the 204 ( 30 degrees & 40 degrees respectively)? Why would you not want the other innovative options that were added to the 204 unit?

The 203 was a great sharpening tool in it's day but why do you not want the newer and improved version? Not to mention the Diamond stones and Ultra Fine stones that are now available that weren't available with the older unit.

The only advantage I can see with the 203 unit is that it is somewhat smaller and takes up less space in a tool box. But other than that I don't see what the attraction is. JD :spyder: O
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
D-Roc

Post by D-Roc »

JBE wrote:Anyone else still use the older 203 Sharpmaker or am I the odd man out here? I've been using mine for almost 10 years now and am debating whether to finally upgrade to a 204 or not.
I use the old 203, and you know what? It works great and I have no issues with it. Save your money and buy another spydie instead
messer454

Post by messer454 »

I still use mine and it still works great. Until recently I thought it was a 204. Total brain fart on my part. I will be getting a 204 soon to have the extra angle but will prob. take the 203 to work.