Lava for dress pants???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JacksonKnives

Re: Lava for dress pants???

Post by JacksonKnives »

No love for the Des Horn? It's definitely my go-to for formal occasions.

As much as I love the Spyderco clips (and the Des is a great specimen) dress pants do not hold knives well. I like to carry in my waistband.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I usually stick to grey or black folders. Colored G10 doesn't blend easily, imho.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

You do realize this thread is from 2007, don't you? The Des Horn wasn't even a concept at the time.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

This thread is pretty entertaining...what is going on with reviving this thread so many years later and asking why there are pictures of knives on a knife forum....
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
mtngunr

Post by mtngunr »

Did not catch old thread revived to ask dress questions....being a man, am not helpful on dress questions since i own only one....
Donut

Post by Donut »

I completely missed that fact. I was wondering how he just upped and said "I ordered a Lava." lol
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

Bluebonnets wrote:Hi,

I am new here and a dress designer student in Sydney, Australia. I understood the dress pants and fashion but why there are knives photo?
Picture this, if you will, as a highly practical form of "accessorizing" :D

Welcome to the forums; hope we can give you a chance to learn about our own style.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Bluebonnets wrote:Hi,

I am new here and a dress designer student in Sydney, Australia. I understood the dress pants and fashion but why there are knives photo?
The OP question was not really about using a knife as a fashion statement, but mainly about selecting a light, inconspicuous knife, I think.

I know the OP has already ordered a Lava, but I just got a G-10 Urban recently. I don't wear dress pants, but I think it will be my main knife in situations like this for a long time to come. It's similar to the UKPK but even smaller and lighter and could easily be dropped into the bottom of the pocket if you don't want to clip it.

Edit: Ha ha I didn't even notice there was a second page, let alone that the thread was 8 years old. I didn't know Lavas even existed back then and had never seen the stainless steel model :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Spydergirl88 wrote:This thread is pretty entertaining...what is going on with reviving this thread so many years later and asking why there are pictures of knives on a knife forum....
What is going on is a spam link in the signature line of the revival post.