Need values help????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CKE

Need values help????

Post by CKE »

OK, just curious what some of the going rates are for some Spydies??? I am not up on my Spyderco prices. Just looking to put a value on some of my collection.

Blue Lum Chinese Folder PE

Ti Lum Tanto Folder PE

Large Centofante with G-10 handles PE

Blue Spyderhawk PE

Remote Release SE

Dodo Blue SE

Thanks folks :)

Craig
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
Darkfin

Post by Darkfin »

Spend a few days checking ebay, you will get a pretty good idea of the market for those. Be sure and check "completed listings" in your searches.
There isn’t any symbolism. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The shark are all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is ****.
~Ernest Hemingway (describing The Old Man and the Sea)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Well Craig, with eBay the way it's been lately, "value" has become very difficult to assess. But, I'd say roughly $250, $225, ????, $125, $50, $70. Not at all familiar with the prices being gotten for C50 Cento's so won't venture an opinion on that one. The others are what I would consider fair asking prices if I wanted to sell, or fair purchase price if I wanted to buy. Am sure there will be other opinions.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

The C50 PE has been going nuts lately...comparitive to past prices. JD is probably the best informed on its value because I happen to know he is pursuing it lately. I'm guessing roughly 130...maybe more.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
JD Spydo

Blue PE Spyderhawk & C-50 are sleepers about to awake

Post by JD Spydo »

I agree with Deacon on every price except the blue PE Spyderhawk. I sold one of them not too long ago for $232. So I guess you just need to find a collector that wants it that bad. I have seen the SE Spyderhawks get the amount he has listed. Now the C-50 Centofante II I just recently sold one for $125. I think I could have held out for more but it was a guy who has traded with me several times so I didn't try for any more.

I think that C-50 is really going to sneak up on people and will be a $200 knife in the next year or so. Now I have seen the plain edge Remote Release go for as high as $100. But the serrated ones probably won't get over $50. The sheepsfoot version is sure getting tough to locate in the last year.

Now I'm not saying that I could get that much for another blue PE Spyderhawk but I do think that knife will fetch between $175 to $195 consistently. But all of this is subject to change to the high or low side. The market for Spyders fluctuates more than the NASDAQ now a days.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

The Blue Lums are consistently selling for $300 to $350 on ebay. ;)
haji

Post by haji »

I'll give ya $40 for all of 'em. ;)
Its all fun and games til somebody loses an eye, then its fun and games you can't see.
DaddyBarlow

Post by DaddyBarlow »

I take the:

Blue Lum Chinese Folder PE

Ti Lum Tanto Folder PE

Blue Spyderhawk PE

:D :D :D :D
thefly01

Post by thefly01 »

I sold a Ti Lum for 275.00 not long ago and a C-50 just sold for 180.00 on the bay. All of the Lums will go up here soon once people come to understand there will be no more Lums.
CKE

Post by CKE »

Please don't turn this into a for sale thread there folks :D

I appreciate all the info guys!

Craig
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!