Custom Orange Gunting Rescue?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DaddyBarlow

Post by DaddyBarlow »

Thats Awesome!
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

Those were prototypes, but not made by Spyderco. They were commissioned by Bram Frank, but made in Germany and distributed by a german member of CSSDSC(his name escapes me right now). I want to say it was Martin, but I'm not 100% sure.

I was outbid on one a while back in my Gunting craze, ended up going for around $400 some dollars, and I didn't have that kind of cash.

I heard there were only 10 made, but I can't recall the source, or how reliable the source was. They were made back when the Gunting was still in production.

Additionally, there were a few other variations I've seen. I was outbid on a "Military" Gunting around the same time I was outbid on the Rescue. The Military was OD Green G-10, and slightly larger than the standard one. If I recall correctly, the blade was also black. Very cool piece, but at $600 or so, way outside my budget.

It's been a while since I was in my Gunting obsession, so some or all of this may be innaccurate, my memory is pretty bad, but I hope this helps a little :o
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

A Rescue Gunting! Cool, you could do kinetic openings on the victims forehead then cut open their cloths to treat the wounds!
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

Sorry Sal.
I would have responded sooner but I try to stay off of YOUR forums.I'm tired from being @ IWA where I won Knife of the Year Tactical for the newest version of the Gunting: the LLC which you saw @ SHOT.
But I'm sure time passing makes it harder to remember..
You made no variations of Guntings..( matter of fact I was limited at one point by you to a partially serrated blade..not much variation there for sure) NO protos of variations..there were no variations..you must have that confused with some other design, and because you're Spyderco you do have a lot of designs to keep track of...
or do you need Peter's office to contact you and clear it up?
I'm sure as soon as he's out of court he'd be happy to go over those statements with you.
Maybe you're confusing it with the run of CRMIPTs that Vince made???
As per our contract I do have one set of the original proto type Guntings...and one proto type set resides @ Spyderco with you...
There was one TUSOK...you had us return it. Check your office!
Maybe its in the shop with JJ..
I have only pictures...I had to have someone else, a knife maker friend of mine make a proto type for me to actually keep
AS for customs..by contract I was allowed custom versions of the Gunting..
Jurgen Dortmueller and Stefan Steigerwald , Both famous German Custom knife makers did some RESCUE versions...
Owen Wood did a small run of Odins eye Damascus, mammoth ivory, damascus bolstered Guntings

But I'll admit SPYDERCO Made a sweet Gunting..
Thanks for that Sal..

be safe

Bram
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Bram,

No Tusok here. I remember asking for it, but never got it. Perhaps you are mistaken?

sal

Post by 224477 »

zenheretic wrote:A Rescue Gunting! Cool, you could do kinetic openings on the victims forehead then cut open their cloths to treat the wounds!
Another good one from you brotha`! :D :D :D :p
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
DaddyBarlow

Post by DaddyBarlow »

Hello Frank & Sal,

Who owns the "Gunting" name?
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

DaddyBarlow wrote:Hello Frank & Sal,

Who owns the "Gunting" name?
sal wrote:We have given Bram all rights to his Gunting. He cannot use our name or marks.

sal
See previous post.
Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
DaddyBarlow

Post by DaddyBarlow »

Thanks...my bad!