Robert Terzuola C-15

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Hillbillenigma wrote: Someone really took care of that knife. Great Catch!!
I'm not kidding when I say that this knife is in better condition than a lot of brand new knives I have gotten recently from the dealer that have never been out of their box except to be inspected at Spyderco! :eek:
kwakster

Post by kwakster »

What about the steel on this one ?

ZDP or even M4 ?
:D
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

kwakster wrote:What about the steel on this one ?

ZDP or even M4 ?
:D
Do you mean for the Commemorative C-15 that hopefully becomes a reality?
CKE

Post by CKE »

Congrats! The C-15 is my all time fav Spyderco....nothing comes close.

Nice catch and thanks for sharing the awesome pics.

Craig
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
griff76

Post by griff76 »

Nice score and great pics once again. I wish I would have started compiling felly pics in a folder a while ago. I might just have to search back and do that. I think a high quality "coffee table" photo book of spydies is long over due.
"There was never a good knife made out of bad steel"
-Benjamin Franklin
scout

Post by scout »

My all time favorite! Some of the uninitiated will really love this fine knife. If redone can we get one with double liners this time? , mike
haji

Post by haji »

I like that first Terzuola, but its too small for my hands. Consequently, the Starmate is one of my two all time favorites. More than the C15, I'd love to see a larger version of the Starmate. Ah, ****. Just make 'em all bigger. :D
Its all fun and games til somebody loses an eye, then its fun and games you can't see.
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

sweet pics Felly! :cool:
that dragon is very cool .....i've never held nor seen one in person.... :(
bring on a Bob T. sprint run... :D
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
Ted

Post by Ted »

Nice one Felly!
I have it's little brother in PE.
Think I'll carry it today! :)
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

sal wrote:I had been a member of the US Custom Knifemakers Guild since '79, so I got to know many of the makers.

Bob "T" and I were having a conversation (circa late '88). He said that all of my knife designs were ugly. I said they were functional. He said they can be both functional and better looking. I said, "if you think so, you design one with our requirements (round hole / clip) and I would build it.

He did and we did. That's what began the collaborations with Spyderco and custom makers.

sal
Funny statement about the ugly. I find the Spyderco Terzoula the most uninspiring knife the great bug ever produced. Look at a venerable Worker to a Terzoula :spyder: . In the design and ergos the worker is the far better choice IMO.

The T is a sharpened rectangle. :rolleyes:
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

zenheretic wrote:Funny statement about the ugly. I find the Spyderco Terzoula the most uninspiring knife the great bug ever produced. Look at a venerable Worker to a Terzoula :spyder: . In the design and ergos the worker is the far better choice IMO.

The T is a sharpened rectangle. :rolleyes:
I would love to see both the Worker and the "sharpened rectangle" make a come back in a sprint run some day. I really dig the idea of a Commemorative C-15, and heck, how about the C-19 Jr. as well? ;) :)
Dannyvi

Post by Dannyvi »

Just curious, I have a C15 w/serrations and do edc it once in a while, How much are they worth? I think I had this since they first came out !
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

great pics as always felly -- thanks!

i really like the etched bug on this one -- would like to see other spydies go that route instead of the current bug, just for a change...
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Harry White wrote:great pics as always felly -- thanks!

i really like the etched bug on this one -- would like to see other spydies go that route instead of the current bug, just for a change...
Thanks HW!
Yes, I agree 100%, let's see some change up in the bug. I like the etched bug much better than the laser engraved one. ;)
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

YEEEEE HAW!
I've been waiting for the communication line between Terzuola and Sal to go through..
How about a holed ATCF?
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

oh boy -- i would LOVE a new spydie bob t. knife!!!!!!!!!!!!

had one of the first terzuolas... which i bought for a ridiculously cheap price, NIB. (i think like $60?). sold it because i didn't realize at the time i bought it that it was a lefty :o ... got considerably more $$$ than i put into it, and converted that to other spydies...

but yes, a new collaboration would be wonderful... although, i'll be crossing my fingers it stays below the $100 mark...
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

[quote="fellyjr"]Thanks HW!
Yes, I agree 100%, let's see some change up in the bug. I like the etched bug much better than the laser engraved one. ]

....triple the vote!.... :cool:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

clovisc wrote:oh boy -- i would LOVE a new spydie bob t. knife!!!!!!!!!!!!
although, i'll be crossing my fingers it stays below the $100 mark...
You better cross your toes, eyes, legs and anything else you could conceivably cross on that one! :eek: ;) :D Most assuredly a new RT will be over $100, but it's ok to dream a little. :)
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Under $200 and make it nice and GB here will be one HAPPY fellow
Puyallupknifegu

Post by Puyallupknifegu »

GarageBoy wrote:Under $200 and make it nice and GB here will be one HAPPY fellow

Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto

Oh...sorry...fingers got stuck on those keys...hehe :p

T
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum