Models that you wish were available in SE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

I'm on the same page as you concerning the Captain

Post by JD Spydo »

Yeah Spydutch I was thinking along the same lines myself. With the percentage of "die hard" serrated blade fans out there it would make sense to me for them to at least do a limited special edition run of some of the high end, Golden CO models in serrated. You know that if they did at least 100 or 200 of them you just know that at least that many would sell to hard core collectors if nobody else.

Like I said before about the Captain model: If the designer himself originally designed it to where the main curvature part of the blade was originally meant to be serrated you would think that they would at least offer a Captain in fully serrated on a Special Order basis if nothing else. If they would get orders of 100 to 500 in advance and make people pay for them in advance I can't see for the life of me how anyone could get hurt on a deal like that.

I love my 2 PE Captains so much that I would just really adore one or 2 in serrated. With Spyderedge being one of Spyderco's hallmarks and if there is one knife that could immensely benefit from serrations it would certainly be the Captain.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Slatts

Post by Slatts »

JD Spydo wrote:But yes the Manix would be a beast in SE.
I cannot envision a more hardy knife than a full SE Manix. I think you could probably build a house with it. It would work as a saw AND a hammer in a pinch. :D
TK

Post by TK »

JD Spydo wrote:Yes I had a Paramilitary once that was fully SE. However that was about 2 to 3 years ago. I have also owned a Military model ( 440V version) that was fully serrated but I have not seen any of the newer ones with fully serrated blades. If I'm wrong I'd like to know about it. AS far as I know the Lil T and the TI ATR were both made fully serrated and from Golden.

I would love a fully serrated Military again. However I would be content with one of the older 440V versions without having to make a new one. 440V was not bad steel at all. However it was a MONSTER to sharpen :eek:
Both the Para-Military and the Military do come in PE and SE, the Military in addition also comes in CE. Unfortunately there is no SE available for the DLC coated Military.
"I always thought it would be great to have two wives."
"No! You're thinking of a man with two knives."
JD Spydo

S-30V Military SE> I've yet to see one

Post by JD Spydo »

TK wrote:Both the Para-Military and the Military do come in PE and SE, the Military in addition also comes in CE. Unfortunately there is no SE available for the DLC coated Military.
Well TK you may know something I don't :confused: However I have not yet ever seen a fully serrated MILITARY model in S-30V. I've had 2 of them before in 440V but I've not even seen one in the newer S30V variety. I'm not saying that they don't exist but I just haven't seen one yet.

But that's OK because I can live with 440V. It's a very good steel>> but a nightmare to sharpen :o
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
TK

Post by TK »

JD,

here is a thread where you can see a SE S30V Military. This should be the newest batch. I'm waiting for my first SE Military. Should be here late in April. Hope it's dual lined.

http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26391
"I always thought it would be great to have two wives."
"No! You're thinking of a man with two knives."
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

JD Spydo wrote:Well TK you may know something I don't :confused: However I have not yet ever seen a fully serrated MILITARY model in S-30V. I've had 2 of them before in 440V but I've not even seen one in the newer S30V variety. I'm not saying that they don't exist but I just haven't seen one yet.

But that's OK because I can live with 440V. It's a very good steel>> but a nightmare to sharpen :o
Otherwise I wouldn't carry one JD.

It's one of my very favourites ]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/ ... inhand.jpg[/IMG]
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Hammurabi

Post by Hammurabi »

The drop point D'Allara would be my first choice for a full SE treatment.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Spyderco did it again :mad: :mad:

They made a beautiful knife in PE only (again :mad: )

Just take a look at Felly's pics of the TMag.

Now won't that be a great blade in full SE as well?
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
ruxton

Post by ruxton »

Personally I'd like to see a SE yojimbo and a SE UKPK.
"Even though I, Bruce Lee, may die some day without fulfilling all of my ambitions, I will have no regrets. I did what I wanted to do and what I've done, I've done with sincerity and to the best of my ability." - Bruce Lee