what to wear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wiley sharp

what to wear

Post by wiley sharp »

I carry a Spydie Edge Endura and a Spydie Edge Merlin, but the scream factor form the "not so sharp" people is really crazy...even if I don't have them out and they see the clips, they automatticly assume that I'm a hiered hit man or something...probably because im only 14... what should I do? not carrying them is not an option, that would be like selling my kids into slavery, so what do you suggest?
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Egnore them.If you can't do that take the spydies out and show them thier design and what they are designed to do.understanding something you fear helps you not to fear it.

Jeff
minimarc123

Post by minimarc123 »

Yah, I'm kinda interested in this too... as I'm only 15 (but look 13-14) and am a little concerned (bad word)... more curious how people will react to my knife I am planning to get.

But, my first will probably be a Delica PE, so that's no where near as intimidating as a Merlin or endura, I'd assume.

yup, yup, yup...

-map
yog

Post by yog »

What I sometimes do around very sensitive people is wear a belt with my trousers / jeans, then wear the knife inside of the waistband with the clip between the trousers and the belt.
The Endura might be a bit long for this (not tried it on a knife this size), but the Merlin should fit just fine.

"Walk softly, but carry a big stick."
kraziekurtis

Post by kraziekurtis »

If people don't like it they don't have to look at it, and I bet one day if the same person that didn't like it asked to borrow it to cut some stuff, they would like it so much they would want their own.

That is my concept on my knives from Spyderco.
wiley sharp

Post by wiley sharp »

thanks, Krazie,
thats good advice... did your cousin give you your new baby yet?

wiley
clipiteer

Post by clipiteer »

You should see their reaction upon seeing a Harpy after watching "Hannibal".
wiley sharp

Post by wiley sharp »

watched 'Hannibal'. He did have a nice knife there..."Entrials in or out?"

He he he he he he he he
kraziekurtis

Post by kraziekurtis »

Yes I love the Merlin dearly it is an excellent knife. The next knife I will buy (either next week or the week after) will be the serrated Harpy and a serrated Delica.