Top 3 Spydercos???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Firefighter880

Post by Firefighter880 »

Chinook 3
Matriarch or Civilian
Pacific Salt SE & Tasman Salt SE

Why? Because I want them :D !

:spyder:
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." [/CENTER]

Current Spyders: Civilian, Matriarch, Endura 3 CE, Endura 4 CE, Endura 4 SE, SS Endura 4 SE, Lava, Manix CE

Spyders of the Past: ATR, BlackHawk, Bob Lum Tanto, Chinook 3, Dodo, Gunting, Karambit, Lil Temp, Manix PE, Para Mili, Ronin, Yojimbo, Mili, Native
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

sigh... i'll have a hard time being able to afford just ONE... they aren't kidding when they call VISTA/Americorps "volunteering"...

it's a bit depressing... so many new spydies coming out! i've moved into the mountains, only 2.5 hours from new graham, but right now i can't even afford the gas to get out there and nose around... :(

1. ZDP E4 SE (i realllllllllllly want one...! looks like it'll perhaps be the ultimate hard-work folder for me... LOVE my SE ZDP delica!!)
2. the H1 vagabond-looking fixed blade salt with a black handle (this is the knife i wish i had in Africa. hope it's not too pricey...)
3. superhawk (no way can i afford this one, but i can dream...) perhaps the engraved dragonfly (one of my favorite designs!) is something more realistic to shoot for...

other spydies that greatly appeal to me...:
-- bi-fold
-- samaratin
-- saver salt (SE, yellow -- or PE yellow, if available!)
-- schemp H1 knife
-- H1 dive knife
street soldier

So many choices.....

Post by street soldier »

There are so many to choose from, I'm not sure if I can limit it to just three, but I'll try.

1. Black PE Paramilitary. This knife just appeals to me. I can't really explain what it is specifically. I have the Military in SE, but it is too big a knife for me to carry everyday. So I figure that the smaller version should satisy my needs.

2. ATR. I was watching this knife (along with the Para) with great interest prior to my sabbatical from this forum. I like the looks of this one, and the blade shape is visually appealing to me.

3. Mini-Manix. Another hard use knife. I haven't made my mind up between this one and the Para, so I'll venture to say that I want to pick up both.

As well as these, I want to pick up the new Delica 4, either a Jester, Dragonfly, or Ladybug in SS. And then there is the Stretch 2, the Bi-Fold,.....

:spyder:
For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
warthor

Post by warthor »

Three Favs.

Spyderco Stretch - Fits well in my pocket. Overall great knife
Spyderco Native - One of the most ergonomic blades ever.
Spyderco Blackhawk - Mean looking blade
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Already got the '07 release I was most eager for, the new Kiwi. The remainder of my want list are oldies that have eluded me so far, tops among them...

PE LH Harpy - Very rare, and combines my two favorite characteristics, PE and LH.

MoP Spdyerkey and Stainless Spyderkey - have all the other handle materials, figure it would be nice to have these too.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
florijn

Post by florijn »

For me:
1) Starmate
1a) :D ;) Civilian CF
2) Lum tanto
3) ATR Ti

oops sorry didn't read well.
Thougth the question was what are your favorite 3 :spyder:
any way they are above.

The 3 on my wanted list are:

Massad Ayoob
Lil Temp
CF walker
My addiction
--------------------------------------------
Patience is never more important than when you are on the verge of losing it.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Huh, tough one, as there are so many beautiful models...
The ZDP Delica (and Endura) can't miss.
The T-Mag (I like the way it looks and I'm intrigued about how the magnetic lock performs).
Also, I absolutely love Ed's fixed blade(s). :)
But (and I know you're gonna laugh) - what I'd like now is an old style almite VG-10 Navigator (I still have some CF left for a set of scales). :D
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.

Post by 224477 »

I know two for sure and keep open for the 3rd one:

Dodo PE
ZDP E4
? ;)
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Rogcohen

Post by Rogcohen »

Hmm, my current wishlist!

1.) Stretch 2. Been wanting a good CF knife that fits me. The CF military, while amazing, is just to big for me to carry, and this one looks awesome!
2.) H1 utility knife. Didn't even know it was coming, saw the picks, looks great, want it.
3.) ZDP Chinese Lum - I still think these knives look sweet.

And a quick speculative 4 (a) I'm waiting for the revamped paramilitary. As I haven't seen one it's not in the top 3, but it's just boiling below the surface waiting to move into the top 3!
Roger
FRIZ

Post by FRIZ »

1) Dodo
2) Kiwi
3) Pro-Grip

Regards,
FRIZ
"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''

Sir Winston Churchill
OuchThatsSharp

Post by OuchThatsSharp »

fellyjr, I found one last night! Only one they had and I bought it. Should be here Mon or Tue of next week. Ok, now if Sal would make a ZDP189 Native, I'd have to get one of those too.
It's better to have knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it.
[SIGPIC]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145 ... opelli.jpg[/SIGPIC]
D-Roc

Post by D-Roc »

My three which I own, except for the Endura which somehow disappeared under somewhat mysterious circumstances. Now I have only two of these :mad: The steel is that which my knife was made.
No particular order:
1. Military (CPM 440 V)
2. Endura SS (AUS 6)
3. Police SS (ATS 55)

All are FULLY SERRATED!
ruxton

Post by ruxton »

Currently...
1) P'kal
2) SuperHawk
3) Big Hossum (the biggest :D )
"Even though I, Bruce Lee, may die some day without fulfilling all of my ambitions, I will have no regrets. I did what I wanted to do and what I've done, I've done with sincerity and to the best of my ability." - Bruce Lee
bluemist

Post by bluemist »

hard to find want list:

1. Full Size Persian (probably not gonna happen unless there is a new run)

2. CF SE Harpy (seem pretty easy to find still)

3. CF Delica PE or SE (probably not gonna happen cos I can't find any. I bought one of these not realizing it was a lefty, it hurt to return it, now I know how deacon and other "goofy" folks feel)

("goofy" is a skate/surfer term for lefties, not meant to be derogatory)

I didn't list anything not yet released or a dream knife, so here:

1. CF Stretch (nothing wrong with the current one, I bought two, a PE and a CE, these are destined to be classics imo)

2. Fully SE Police, Black w/ Kraton Inlays (HAHAHAHA)

3. CF Native w/ s30v PE
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

1. Citadel
2. T-Mag
3. SmallFly
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
jjcoolay

Post by jjcoolay »

Hmm Mine would be an

Ayoob
Dyad jr or full size
And a Goddard Micarta.

I have owned all these knives at one point but stupid me decided to sell or trade them away.
Also a green Lum.. same story.
Manix Guy 2

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

WoW ! Everyone has been very diverse ! I like that !
Old
1 Lefty Police any model or blade type
2 Lum Tanto
3 Native SS PE
New
1 Superhawk
2 Stretch 2
3 Endura ZDP189 ( all of them )
Now I know why most cheated on if you could only have just one thread , it is impossible with even three . MG2
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

ExSpAgtStarling wrote: :spyder: Which 3 knives are at the top of your want list...and why? :spyder:
1. Persian (Full size) - because it is the most exquisite Spyderco ever. Bring it back. Retire the mini if necessary, but bring it back. Retire the Kris, but bring back the Persian!

That'll do.
EarthDog
thefly01

Post by thefly01 »

Not much better that I can think of..
[img]http://[IMG]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9201/dsc00871pc8.jpg[/img][/IMG]
thefly01

Post by thefly01 »

hopefully you see these 3[img][IMG]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9201/dsc00871pc8.jpg[/img][/IMG]