lil temprance

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spiderGent

lil temprance

Post by spiderGent »

hi everbody, :D

hoping the lil T fans will enlighten me! I seem to find my self lusting :rolleyes: for one as of late and would love to hear everyones thoughts on it. Namely is the fit and finish what one would expect ?? and is it up to hard use ? is the blade pived ajustable ? im a little nuts when it comes to play in the blade !

thanx all :)
" THE WORM IS THE SPICE "
JD Spydo

Trailing point

Post by JD Spydo »

spiderGent wrote:hi everbody, :D

hoping the lil T fans will enlighten me! I seem to find my self lusting :rolleyes: for one as of late and would love to hear everyones thoughts on it. Namely is the fit and finish what one would expect ?? and is it up to hard use ? is the blade pived ajustable ? im a little nuts when it comes to play in the blade !

thanx all :)
Well here are 2 things to consider about the Lil Temperance. If you are getting one for a collection or just for a speculative investment I would get the "Trailing point" ( Rhino Horn) version. They are really getting very rare and I believe that they will blow through the $200 mark within the next year or so. Plus I have a user rhino horn Lil T and I love it even though I only carry it once in a blue moon.

But you can't go wrong with either blade as far as that goes. One other thing that I have noticed here of late. It seems like everyone is going for the 440V bladed Lil Temperance models. 440V blade steel is now extinct and won't be made again from what the guys at Crucible told me. Go for it!!!
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
spiderGent

Post by spiderGent »

thanx JD

i am interested in the lil t as an edc so resale value is not a concern. i realy like the look of it and the green g 10 is super cool. plus i like having a unusal knife so it seams the lil t fits the bill. still wondering about fit and finish ?????? thanx agean
Capone

Post by Capone »

a picture of my lil Temperances
I use only one of them a CPM S30V leaf blade. It´s my favorite a lightweight strong cutting tool with perfect ergonomics.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

yea, that knife is just about perfect, as far as i'm concerned. the fit and finish is about as close to custom as you can possibly find. what a smoooooth opener/closer, too!

sold mine for more $ for users... it was too nice to carry and use!
Steelman

Post by Steelman »

JD Spydo wrote:Well here are 2 things to consider about the Lil Temperance. If you are getting one for a collection or just for a speculative investment I would get the "Trailing point" ( Rhino Horn) version. They are really getting very rare and I believe that they will blow through the $200 mark within the next year or so. Plus I have a user rhino horn Lil T and I love it even though I only carry it once in a blue moon.

!
Here ya go. They are great knives and great looking. One of my favorites. :)

:spyder: Collector #132 :cool:

Custom Avatar by DiAlex
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

I think the fit and finish on these Dudes is excellent! :cool: ;)
Here's a few pic's of mine.

spiderGent

Post by spiderGent »

great pics thanx guys :D
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Steelman wrote:Here ya go. They are great knives and great looking. One of my favorites. :)

I love the red background for the Lil' T, that looks fantastic SM!! :eek: ;) :D
spiderGent

i am sold

Post by spiderGent »

my beard is full of drool !!! i have to have one
thefly01

Post by thefly01 »

I've had some pretty interesting spydies, but none have impressed me as much as the Lil T. Fit and finish on the ones I have is flawless and that is including a rhino horn. I don't think you could ask for a more do it all knife espescially in a 3" folder.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Did they make an S30V Rhino Horn. I have a 440V NIB 440V, and a S30V leaf but have never seen a S30V trailing point ( Rhino Horn). Is it a rarity or a non existant version? Thank you. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
thefly01

Post by thefly01 »

Mastiff this one doesn't exist as far as I know. Just 440 in the TP.
severedthumbs

Post by severedthumbs »

the f&f is about as good as it gets for Spyderco.
"A little temperance is a good thing" -- Sal Glesser

fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

thefly01 wrote:Mastiff this one doesn't exist as far as I know. Just 440 in the TP.
A while back we talked about this in great length and nobody was able to say they had ever seen or heard of a TP in S30V or SE. Personally, I'd like to find a PE leaf blade in 440V as they are pretty rare AFAIK. ;)
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I've also never seen one. I'll keep you in mind though if I were to run accross one. My unicorn is the Ti ATR, Though I've been so broke lately I'd have to get doubly lucky and find a collector willing to trade. The problem there is most of the hard core collectors don't need what I have. It would have to be a multiple knife trade from my part due to the value of the Ti ATR's. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Wow, I never realized how good looking this knife is. Just what I need another hit to the wallet.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
Firefighter880

Post by Firefighter880 »

SpiderGent,

I love my Lil Temp. I have one of the PE Lil Temps from the last run of 50 that Spyderco sold.

It's a great knife. I love the way the handle fits my hand... it really is like it is custom made. No matter what grip I hold it in, it just seems to fit perfect. I really like the blade shape too. That leaf blade is just what I need... it's the right length- not too long, but not too short.

I had purchased mine to fill my "heavy user" spot, but it never really got put in that position. I still use my Manix or Para for that. I had wanted to use the Lil Temp for hard use, but the first one I got just had too much blade play for me to be comfortable with. I kept tightening the pivot, but within a few open/ close rotations, the blade would just fall out of the handle, and rattle about while locked up. I sent it in to get fixed, and Spyderco sent me a new one in return because they couldn't fix it. My new one is a LOT better, but it still has some side-to-side blade play, enough so that I won't use it hard.

Now, don't get me wrong, the Lil Temp is awesome and I love mine. It is very smooth opening, and the handle fits like a dream, but it just doesn't lock up as solid as I wish it would. It's still a great knife and I reccomend getting one.

:spyder:
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." [/CENTER]

Current Spyders: Civilian, Matriarch, Endura 3 CE, Endura 4 CE, Endura 4 SE, SS Endura 4 SE, Lava, Manix CE

Spyders of the Past: ATR, BlackHawk, Bob Lum Tanto, Chinook 3, Dodo, Gunting, Karambit, Lil Temp, Manix PE, Para Mili, Ronin, Yojimbo, Mili, Native
thefly01

Post by thefly01 »

As far as 440 goes I think is certainly going to be collectible in the Lil T. I do however think that it's going to be the TP version.
severedthumbs

Post by severedthumbs »

thefly01 wrote:As far as 440 goes I think is certainly going to be collectible in the Lil T. I do however think that it's going to be the TP version.
I dont think so, I think the s30v leaf blade will be the most desired lil temp.
"A little temperance is a good thing" -- Sal Glesser