I think I REALLY a Superhawk

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydutch

I think I REALLY a Superhawk

Post by spydutch »

Greetings you all :)

For the past few months my black Tasman/SE has been my only work knife besides my POS box cutter.

With my type of cutting there's no better blade than a fully serrated hawkbill ;)

However after 3 months or so of strenious cutting, my Tasman has devellopped a supstantial amount of play in both direction despite the fact that the knife was rock solid to begin with :confused:
I still trust the knife, but I don't know how long it will take before I have to retire it.

Soooo if there's anyone besides you all who really needs a Superhawk, it will be me I guess :D ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
JD Spydo

Well Now's The Time > *^# ! #$& <<>> ^^<**

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydutch my friend I have been beating this drum very loudly. But it seems as though the enthusiasm for the SUPERHAWK has gone into a hiatus for the time being. It was borne of a 100 + Post thread and was highly desired at the time.

Albeit it seems as though Hawkbills in General have been moved to the back of the bus so to speak.

This is something that just can't die :( At least as long as I draw breath and reside here in Spyderville.

To have a Hawkbill in the size range between the Spyderhawk and Harpy is not only a good idea but even a necessity as brother Spydutch points out. IT truly is time >> For A New Hawkbill. anyone disagree???? :)
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
dlemay

Post by dlemay »

I'm all up for that. I absolutely love my Tasman.
bigkahunasix

Build it and they will come.

Post by bigkahunasix »

Count me in. The Superhawk will be an immediate purchase upon its arrival.
After working more with my spyderhawk (thanks JD) and my harpy, I am really excited about the Superhawk. Bigk6
Been packing at least two Spyderco knives a day since 1984

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
catamount

Post by catamount »

AFAIK, the Superhawk is still in the works, and will be released this year. Sal has said it will have a 3.5" full flat ground VG-10 blade, nested compression lock, finger choil, and peel-ply CF scales. I'm hoping for pics from the Amsterdam show.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
eastr

Post by eastr »

A large hawbill is in bad need with the spyderhawk all but passed into myth we need a replacement. SAL come on and here us now please Give some hope to what is not a lost cause. SUPERHAWK very high on my list as well. :D
"THE ROUGH RIDER”“FAR BETTER IT IS TO DARE MIGHTY THINGS..THAN TO TAKE RANK WITH THOSE POOR. TIMID SPIRITS WHO KNOW NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT.” THEODORE ROOSEVELT 1899
spyderco making mans oldest tool mans most advanced tool:spyder:
THE GREATSET POWER IS OFTEN SIMPLE PATIENECE
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
JD Spydo

Superhawk has it's place in the cutting kingdom

Post by JD Spydo »

eastr wrote:A large hawbill is in bad need with the spyderhawk all but passed into myth we need a replacement. SAL come on and here us now please Give some hope to what is not a lost cause. SUPERHAWK very high on my list as well. :D
That's a great observation "eastr" because I always thought that the Spyderhawk was always misunderstood and unduly maligned :confused: . Most people will ask : What practical purpose could the Spyderhawk be used for?

More than I can mention on this post. It woud be a vastly bigger version of the Harpy for commercial fishermen which the Harpy was mainly brought about to begin with. It is also an ideal tool for any serious PuLL CuTTing. I was fortunate enough to land a used Blue PE Spyderhawk and the few times I carried the beast it proved to be quite functional.

A Hawkbill that would be sized between the Harpy and Spyderhawk would prove to be most useful.
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

You need a superhawk and a verb in your title.
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." -- my grandfather
Collector #041
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

The more I hear about the superhawk, the more I want one. It just sounds like a great combination.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but will this be the first hawkbill with a specifically designed handle instead of just reusing one from the worker or delica?
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

i too am HIGHLY anticipating the arrival of the superhawk!!!

(although goodness knows how i'll be able to afford it... i'll make it happen somehow!)

i've got some very different experience with my own tasman, though -- i've really beaten up that knife like few others, and it's still in my waistband and going strong nearly every day!
Manix Guy 2

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Heck yes I want a Superhawk ! Both blade versions too ! Maybe we may see a proto type as mentioned from Europe shows . This is one knife along with the Para Mil. upgrade I am hoping to see this year . Keep beating the drum JD !!
JD Spydo

The Superhawk is a constant goal

Post by JD Spydo »

Manix Guy 2 wrote:Heck yes I want a Superhawk ! Both blade versions too ! Maybe we may see a proto type as mentioned from Europe shows . This is one knife along with the Para Mil. upgrade I am hoping to see this year . Keep beating the drum JD !!
I will Manix Guy!!]
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

JD Spydo wrote:I will Manix Guy!!]Yellow for the serrated edge,[/B] Blue for the plain edge and burgundy for the combo edge. This is a Spyder that would do well "COLOR CODED"
Please no yellow JD.

I tend to make it a real working knife and I don't like the handle be all smeared up :eek:

Heck, with a handle in black or British Racing Green, the knife might kick my beloved D3/SE out of my pocket and become my sole EDC knife. :cool:

I will have to buy several back ups then though(which I will gladly do BTW ;) )

eastr

Post by eastr »

[quote="spydutch"]Please no yellow JD.

I tend to make it a real working knife and I don't like the handle be all smeared up :eek:

Heck, with a handle in black or British Racing Green, the knife might kick my beloved D3/SE out of my pocket and become my sole EDC knife. :cool:

I will have to buy several back ups then though(which I will gladly do BTW ]

I agree with the no yellow i'll take it how it comes but what about g-10 with steel liners i would like it to be a work knife as well. Them again the frn with liners has proved very stronge. I have a tasman used to work it daily it is just a little flimsly for my taste. bought a crossbill don't like ss but needed the size and like the extra strenght. The worst thing is they did not put a ??kick?? on the knife so it can't close to far and i bent a small peice of the tip when closing it or makeing my neck sheath? :spyder: rocks :cool:
COME ON LET'S SEE THE SUPERHAWK
"THE ROUGH RIDER”“FAR BETTER IT IS TO DARE MIGHTY THINGS..THAN TO TAKE RANK WITH THOSE POOR. TIMID SPIRITS WHO KNOW NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT.” THEODORE ROOSEVELT 1899
spyderco making mans oldest tool mans most advanced tool:spyder:
THE GREATSET POWER IS OFTEN SIMPLE PATIENECE
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
rolyat1978

Post by rolyat1978 »

I'm a huge fan of hawkbill's...

Are there any prototype pics of the Superhawk?
santiago

Post by santiago »

spyderknut wrote:You need a superhawk and a verb in your title.
My brain is hardwired to associate want, need, must have and the like with Spydies so the title made immediate sense :D

Fell in love with hawkbills when I got my PE Tasman late last year. I'd carry it every day except it raises some eyebrows when going through the security check at work (they don't bat an eyelash when I put other similar blade length knives through the detector so it must be the blade profile).

How's about a Dragonfly sized hawkbill? Or... :eek: ...a hawkbill Lava?
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

santiago wrote:My brain is hardwired to associate want, need, must have and the like with Spydies so the title made immediate sense :D

Fell in love with hawkbills when I got my PE Tasman late last year. I'd carry it every day except it raises some eyebrows when going through the security check at work (they don't bat an eyelash when I put other similar blade length knives through the detector so it must be the blade profile).

How's about a Dragonfly sized hawkbill? Or... :eek: ...a hawkbill Lava?
First of all I would like to see the SuperHawk and after that without any doubt a little big one ;)

I might go all Hawkbill then :D

cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

A hawk lava would be really cool, but I'd really just be happy with a SE lava. I just got a SE copilot last week and it is one of the handiest little knives I've ever used, but it doesn't have the egros of the lava handle.

But yes!! Bring on the Little Big Hawkbill!!! (after the superhawk of course ;) )
hawkbill

Post by hawkbill »

Still waiting for my chance to order a few Superhawks...
I am what I am, and that's all that I am. Popeye