Spyderench Availability

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
StevenM

Spyderench Availability

Post by StevenM »

I have had spyderench on order from an online vendor since August and have yet to recieve it. I am told that the product is on back order from the Spyderco. I know there were some manufacturing difficulties and that they are due soon. Anyone know when we might expect the spyderench to be available again? Thanks for your help.
Rebeltruce

Post by Rebeltruce »

Just ordered a Serrated Spyderench from Spyderco's online store. Shipped the same day I ordered it, will have Monday or Tuesday this coming week. I can't wait!!!!!!

Truce
akbell

Post by akbell »

Bought one,what a major disappointment!!!Pliers are useless, screwdriver tips kept falling out, diamond coating on the file flaked off. The only thing that is Spyderco quality is guess what, the blade. Sent it back told them what I thought of it and they could keep it and send me a Delica instead. Surprise! Still no response. If they send it back you are welcome to it for $70 plus shipping. Never should have let my Leatherman get away from me.
akbell

Post by akbell »

Bought one,what a major disappointment!!!Pliers are useless, screwdriver tips kept falling out, diamond coating on the file flaked off. The only thing that is Spyderco quality is guess what, the blade. Sent it back told them what I thought of it and they could keep it and send me a Delica instead. Surprise! Still no response. If they send it back you are welcome to it for $70 plus shipping. Never should have let my Leatherman get away from me.
gadfly

Post by gadfly »

I'm surprised you're having that much trouble with you're Spyderench. I bought one of the original ones and did have a problem with it.

I had used it for quite a while and was quite happy with the tools, but it annoyed me that the two main pieces didn't lock in. When I found out this was supposed to be a designed in feature (the long screwdriver/file tip should've caught on the other piece), I contacted Spyderco.

After inspection, my old Spyderench was replaced with a brand new one (which did lock)- no questions asked.

I've had a chance to meet the craftsmen @ Spyderco, and they take tremendous pride in the product they make.

Give Spyderco a chance to check out your problem tool and I'm sure they'll make good on it.

Give them a call and check if they've received it.

One way or the other, you pay for your tools!
akbell

Post by akbell »

gadfly, yeah I know you pay for tools, but when I buy supposed quality I think it should be there. As for the locking problem-the tip on mine wore a groove in the opposing side in less than 3 weeks.
I agree, I will give them a chance, however if they send it back I'll stll unload it for something useful, like a new leatherman!!! or even another spyderco knife.