Twin Bladed Spydies?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
v34

Twin Bladed Spydies?

Post by v34 »

I've rested the UKPK and EDCing a few old favourites. The Kiwi and an old Victorinox Excelsior have been the favourites.
The Excelsior is the classic ultra slim twin bladed pocket Swiss Army Knife and the celidor handles are not a patch on the bone Kiwi for heft and quality. What does interest me though is the little blade of the Excelsior.
It gets lots of use and it is a little scapel-saving the larger blade for other things.
It got me to thinking why only the Dyad series of twin bladed knives? Why not a Kopa or similar with a little nail-knick blade tucked away? Just think of other knives like a Delica with extra blade for 'finer' work.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

i think it's a good idea, v34... i've a benchmade switchback with a little nick-nail knife on the reverse end... if it were a spydie, and the primary blade were a little shorter, it would be in my pocket all the time... :D

make both blades from ZDP, and you've got a winner for sure...
Manix Guy 2

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

v34 we have been BEGGING for another 2 blade knife for a long time . It is something I think is needed in the Spyderco lineup and that it sadly lacks as a knife company . I carry a Dyad almost every day , nuff said . H1 please !
JD Spydo

Big Dyad> that's all that need to be said

Post by JD Spydo »

The C-44 Big Dyad is truly the essence of Spyderco's finest. It has been my EDC for 22 months now and I have never carried any folder that even holds a candle to it.

I truly wish that they would have Dyads of 3 to 4 different sizes to accomodate those with different needs. I have heard it said from some people that the C-44 big Dyad is too big for an every day carry knife. Poppycock :mad: !!!!! That's nothing but a lame excuse. The C-44 is the epitome of a high quality EDC.

Clovisc I have had a couple of those Benchmade Switchbacks and they are all right but they are so far down the ladder from the C-44 big Dyad that it really isn't even close to being in the same league. The SWitchback is a quality knife I won't argue that but it just don't have anywhere near the versatility of a big Dyad.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Manix Guy 2

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

I have to agree JD the , I have a Switchback along with the C44 . The Dyad is miles above , equal size blades ,and excellent serrations . Like you the big Dyad has been my main EDC for quite some time , I may rotate around but the Dyad always seems to get back in my pocket , best knife I own . I would love to see a Salt version in two sizes along with a Salt Pacific Hawkbill ! Sorry I got carried away !