foliage green E4 "tinkering"

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Falch

foliage green E4 "tinkering"

Post by Falch »

this is just a little "a pice of my mind post" i thought i had to get out while Zen-maintenanceing my spydies :D

Disasembeled my "new" Foliage green endura today for the first time for some maintenance and discovered som good and bad stuff. (compared to my D4)
first of it missed a washer on the right side, so now i have to go shop for one, i had noticed that the blade was off centered, but thought it was just the tightening of the blade screw. oh well, production mistakes are alowed.
the other thing, not a bad thing, was the steel "pin/spring" thingy that makes the lock snap into place..compared to my D4, its of course longer, and it was double bent..as in bendt in 2 places. a nice detail for more tension i think.
and for the rest of the knife, love it! every part of the knife fits like a glove! <3 :spyder:
(and this quality is for the "low price" spydies, i have to get my hands on one of the "high price" ones :D )
Zac

Post by Zac »

The 4th generation of the Delica and Endura sports a fit and finish that until them I did not believe could see a knife at the price they are. The higher end Spydies sport an amazing fit and finish.
WARNING: Sanity not guaranteed.
denn

Post by denn »

Falch, you sure the washer was missing? these tiny things almost seem to disappear by themselves every time i tinker with knives, sometimes they whirl down to the ground wile disassembling and you don't even notice it, sometimes they stick to the blade, sometimes to the scale-insides, sometimes they are even sticking to eachother, or disappear in the deepest handle-area near tyhe lockbar.

ofcourse i have no idea whatsoever what washers an E4 has, but while i was tinkering with my dragonfly the other day, those tiny thin reddish little rascals got quite on my nerve. 40% of tinkering time was finding and putting them washers in place...

just some thoughts...
Falch

Post by Falch »

denn: yeah, im shure it was missing, it was disassembeled for the first time, and when i noticed it was missing i checked my workspace and the knife for it, but sadly none..but its no porblem, i bet my local hardware store has some similar washers. i have to go there to get som new screws for my D4 anyways, **** they get worn out fast (i maintenance my knifes 1-2 times a week)

"all hail the mighty spydies!"
KSDbass

Post by KSDbass »

By the time I'd had my waved E4 for 2 weeks, I'd lost one body screw, one washer, mangled the other one, and lost two of the three clip screws. Then I bought a trainer to do an FRN swap, so now I have a waved E4 with red FRN, and all the screws, and a trainer with blue FRN and very few screws.
Custom avatar courtesy of Dialex!

Bill Brasky could destroy Chuck Norris.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket