Calypso jr questions...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vampyrewolf

Calypso jr questions...

Post by vampyrewolf »

1> does everyone have a problem with it marking up? Fingerprints and general wear(IWB and pocket) have left a 'ridge' at the edge of the handle, midway up the blade(after only 3 days of having it).

2> sharpening...

2.1> angle> 30 or 40

2.2> frequency and ease... compared to ats-55, should I sharpen at about the same point of sharpness, or more/less often.

I appreciate any help.

We all start with 10 fingers. Those with Spydies have 9 to spare, Still need a thumb. Good thing I still have 8 to spare...
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

BTT

We all start with 10 fingers. Those with Spydies have 9 to spare, Still need a thumb. Good thing I still have 8 to spare...
Dav

Post by Dav »

I'm not sure about your sharpening questions - I'm a newbie in the sharpening respect...

...but I have a SS calypso. Mine shipped slightly off center and I managed to scratch it at the bottom of the blade slightly. The blade doesn't seem to have discolored (I carry in pocket) but I remember when I carried IWB for a while it did rust slightly... but I rubbed it off.

Not sure if I helped
Dav
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

not any problems with rusting in 2 yrs. I got a small spot on the delica(ats-55) after a summer of it riding in the back of my waistband, but nothing else... it just rubbed off.

and ****, the calypso jr is sharp... 1 week and 3 meals cooked with it, 50 boxes on the weekend, and no difference is cutting. can anything dull it?