Stolen Spydercos

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
denn

Post by denn »

i was actually thinking along the same line as ff880. half your spyderco-collection, and all the ###'ds......hmmmm, perhaps someone with inside information on your knife-collection. perhaps someone from your neighbourhood, or someone whom you showed your knife-collection to.......

:confused: , makes sense.
Tom v S

Post by Tom v S »

I think FF880 has a point. Someone who don't own knives, don't know what they are worth. The less likely it is to steals them.. And if they were displayed open, the thief must close them. And I know a lot of people who can't close a Liner lock, ball lock or compression lock. So the guy must know what he was doing. :rolleyes:
Hope you find them.
jyork

Post by jyork »

Thanks guys-
I am putting together the list of what is actually missing.
We have been dealing with the insurance and banks and all that.
I have my ideas of who was involved but of course can't prove anything.
They got my knives, one of my pistols and all my wife's jewelry except her wedding ring she had on.

It seems a little fishy to me. I have been without a job for 2 months or so and am mostly home. Friday my wife had to have minor surgery. She was feeling a little better and some friends invited us out to bruch on sunday. We were gone about 2 hours and they ransacked the first floor. They had to see us leave and be in and out quick. Lucky they didn't go downstairs where the rest of my knives and guns were. They probably would have carried off my small safe. Bigger one gets here tomorrow. None of the Q's are missing. Some of my #123 collectors as well as some of my older collectable ones. Police took a couple fingerprints but haven't heard anything and not really holding my breath for anything. I am just glad that all our animals were safe, door was left wide open and the dog and 2 cats were still in the house. All the other stuff is pretty much replaceable if neccesary.

Thanks for all the well wishes and keep your eye open for them. I will get the list up soon of what the actual list is.
Jyork- Collector #123
Th232

Post by Th232 »

****, that's really bad. Especially with one of the pistols missing, ouch!

Well, as FF880 said, this kind of stuff is generally done by an acquaintance, might be worth dropping in on people, as he suggested.

Hope you manage to find them, or failing that, someone gets cut real bad by your knives.
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

clovisc

Post by clovisc »

sounds pretty suspicious. it would probably be worth dropping by for a couple visits, or snooping around the possible suspects however possible. if you know their ebay accounts, might want to keep an eye on them...

its gotta really suck, too, knowing there's a good chance that it might have been someone you know, or someone who lives in your community... :( i feel really sorry for you -- i know it's probably of no practical use, but know some positive brainwaves are headed in your direction.

did you call any local pawn shops, or alert any places in the area that might buy and fence the goods? might seem too obvious, but lots of times when people are dumb enough to steal, they're dumb enough to do other dumb things.
denn

Post by denn »

good one clovisc! pawnshops......

take note and care JYork
JD Spydo

A possible scenerio

Post by JD Spydo »

You know guys I was just thinking about something. Now I am not a lawyer or legal expert. But I was just thinking this morning that if this "butt-head" does try to sell these stolen knives on Ebay or any other website that is an open market to the entire nation ( if not internationally)>> then I think there is a vivid possibility that this bozo may even be violating Federal Law.

I have a friend who is a lawyer and he said that violations of interstate commerce are serious offenses in Federal Court. It would be so cool if this moron would be dumb enough to try to sell them on an open market nationally. I would just laugh like a Hyena if the Feds would show up on his doorstep.

Because if this jerk tries to sell stolen property over the world wide web I would bet a silver quarter that he would indeed be violating federal law as well as state law. It's worth looking into anyway. And wouldn't that be just absolutely hilarious if they could bust this loser for something that serious ;)
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

That is a bummer. :mad:
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

Jey ..., I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I hope these bums get caught and I will certainly keep my eyes open for any 123 Spydie Collectors.
Steve
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

Sorry Jyork, I'll keep on the lookout for your stuff....buttheads.... :mad:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Very sorry to hear that Jyork :(

I hope you get them back eventually ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
jyork

Post by jyork »

updated with list of missing knives.
Thanks all for the support and help.
Jyork- Collector #123
Firefighter880

Post by Firefighter880 »

I had no idea they got away with so many! That really stinks.

:spyder:
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." [/CENTER]

Current Spyders: Civilian, Matriarch, Endura 3 CE, Endura 4 CE, Endura 4 SE, SS Endura 4 SE, Lava, Manix CE

Spyders of the Past: ATR, BlackHawk, Bob Lum Tanto, Chinook 3, Dodo, Gunting, Karambit, Lil Temp, Manix PE, Para Mili, Ronin, Yojimbo, Mili, Native
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

jyork wrote:updated with list of missing knives.
Thanks all for the support and help.
Sorry to hear about your loss jyork. I will definitely keep an eye out over the net for 123. Also, I don't know that they'd make it this far aways but being that I live in Sioux Falls, SD I'll also keep a lookout for any of them to hit the pawn shops and places around here that sell that stuff used.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
golem

Post by golem »

sorry to hear about that. 123 is easy to remember, the guy will be caught if he ever tries to sell these knives online.
Blub

Post by Blub »

BASTARDS! I'll keep an eye out on ebay too.
ceya

Post by ceya »

it is on jerzeedevil forums.

S/F,
CEYA!
Ging

Post by Ging »

I will keep my eyes open on this side of the Atlantic for you. I hope who ever stole your knives gets whats due.
Every thing here is Spyderific! My new word meaning 'great like spyderco'

Thanks Sal and everyone at BritishBlades.com for the UKPK :spyder: :)

I want a fully serrated UKPK :) Please Sal
jyork

Post by jyork »

Thanks everyone for the support and help.
Not really expecting to see them again.
However the pistol that was stolen was recovered about 3-4 hours away. Police say that ebay and pawn shops are the likely spots for stuff to be sold if the thieves are looking for money. But they can just as easily trade a knife for "something" else they want.
Again thank you all.
Jyork- Collector #123
burningpit

Post by burningpit »

BTTP....I was curious if you have ever recovered any of your knives!
:spyder: Collector Club #092 :spyder: