Do Not Bid On This Auction!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DaddyBarlow

Do Not Bid On This Auction!!!

Post by DaddyBarlow »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0059207159

I sent a total of 3 e-mails to e-bay & it looks like its still going off! This is a Fraud. I know this for a fact, since I bought this collection a year ago! The orginal owner also e-mailed e-bay.

Maybe some of you guys can also send a e-bay note.

DB
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Just did!! ;)
SoCal Operator

Post by SoCal Operator »

Thanks for the heads up.
Ask me where I got my awesome SUPERHAWK!

More like Mid-Cal now

Be Prepared
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Doing it now.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Tried to send an email concerning the counterfeit auction and the item number came up as invalid, so it did not go through to ebay. :mad:
Did anyone have any luck?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Done! Still considering "Plan B" as well. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Anyway, congrats with your collection.
It's very nice.
All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Thanks Daddy I was going to make a bid...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Slatts

Post by Slatts »

Another tip off - the bidders are listed as "private listing - bidders identities protected"?
DaddyBarlow

Post by DaddyBarlow »

The Deacon wrote:Done! Still considering "Plan B" as well. :D
Hey what's your plan B? ;)
Zac

Post by Zac »

Very nice collection...looks like you have a few grand in blades...hopefully someone wont spend 4+ grand for a photo :(

edit: I also thought since they didnt take PayPal something was sketchy...
WARNING: Sanity not guaranteed.
eljay

Post by eljay »

Zac wrote: edit: I also thought since they didnt take PayPal something was sketchy...
Right - it's not a huge red flag but the fact is that if you pay with PayPal a) it's pretty easy to get it reversed in case of fraud, and b) if you paid for it with a credit card and not your balance or checking you can also go to the credit card company and get it reversed and PayPal almost never fights it. Normally if something were borderline I'd say, well, make sure you pay with a credit card and Paypal and you're covered but in this case once he has your check/money order you're pretty much out of luck.

Another red flag is that he only has the one big item for sale and isn't a regular seller.

Another red flag is the 5 day listing. If you're selling something expensive, you want as much exposure as possible. 7 days is free. 10 days is only another 40 cents. You're crazy to list a multi thousand dollar item and use a 5 day auction... unless it's a fraud and you want to turn it over as fast as possible before somebody's realized their account has been hijacked!

If somebody were devious they would create an eBay account with some free email address, bid a million dollars on the listing, and thereby prevent somebody from getting scammed. You might want to bid at the last minute so that he can't cancel your bid.

(I'm an eBay PowerSeller, incidentally)
Zac

Post by Zac »

It is almost definitely a hijacking...it doesn't suit the seller and it seems a not so regular was picked.
WARNING: Sanity not guaranteed.
JD Spydo

Private is a no go with me

Post by JD Spydo »

Slatts wrote:Another tip off - the bidders are listed as "private listing - bidders identities protected"?
That's a good point of interest Slatts. I am to the point that I am not going to participate in any auction with any private listing chicanery going on.

Also I think I am going to cancel any bids of bidders who have private feedbacks you can't read. I am surprised that Ebay would even allow such a thing. How can buyers or sellers get an idea of what kind of person they are dealing with if you can't read their feedbacks or know anything about their bidding regimen.

You don't see that kind of activity very often. But you can't help but wonder what they are trying to cover up. IT's hard enough to analyze buyers & sellers without this secrecy crap that some them use :confused:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
JD Spydo

Hijacking shouldn't even be possible> Ebay drops the ball

Post by JD Spydo »

Zac wrote:It is almost definitely a hijacking...it doesn't suit the seller and it seems a not so regular was picked.
That's really ironic and timely both ZAC. I just talked to a good knife trading pal last night who had just recently had his Ebay account, password and Paypal activity molested. I am wondering how much of this is going on.

Does Ebay have anything on their website that can help you avoid such a thing or is it just the members themselves not taking necessary precautions :confused: . In a way I am getting kind of disgusted with Ebay here lately because I don't think they even give a hang about the security of their buyers or sellers. Theres just got to be a way to prevent crap like this and I think Ebay is just so stingy that they don't spend any money in that area at all. Just the fact that it is like climbing Mt. Everest just to make contact with them when you have problems :mad:

With the oceans of money that company makes I think they should be held liable to a degree for not providing a more secure environment :(
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

They do make it tricky to actually contact them. I sent an email to them about this situation and after I jumped through a bunch of hoops and actually got the message sent they sent me an email back saying they would not keep me posted as to any actions they might take and sort of insinuated that I didn't fill out the right form for the report I was trying to make. Let me tell you, I didn't get a good feeling about it. It didn't seem like they were going to do much about it but I could be and hopefully am wrong!
JD Spydo

Ebay >> the new definition of PHONY

Post by JD Spydo »

fellyjr wrote:They do make it tricky to actually contact them. I sent an email to them about this situation and after I jumped through a bunch of hoops and actually got the message sent they sent me an email back saying they would not keep me posted as to any actions they might take and sort of insinuated that I didn't fill out the right form for the report I was trying to make. Let me tell you, I didn't get a good feeling about it. It didn't seem like they were going to do much about it but I could be and hopefully am wrong!
Felly I will bet you a $500 dollar bill off of my MONOPOLY game board that all you got back from them is nothing more than a "Form Letter" type of response. I would also assert that e-mail that was sent back to you wasn't even written by a human being but it was probably a computer generated response.

I just had a complaint with them about a NON Paying customer here a couple of weeks ago. It was a valid and legitimate complaint with a detailed question that I needed an answer to. I wanted their OK on re-listing an item and how to deal with the dead beat at hand. It took those jerks 4 days to e-mail me back. Then the butt-head that e-mailed me back spent practically the whole letter apologizing to me for taking so long to reply and then on top of that didn't even address the question I asked them. I will be glad to forward the letter to you to prove it. Ebay regards all of us as "KLEENEXes" They just simply want to blow their nose on us and discard us and that's about the size of it. They have virtually no PROBLEM RESOLUTION services at all :mad:

As deplorable as ebay's service is I am almost convinced that wal-mart must be part owner of this Moron Monolith.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Lets take 4 or 5 of us and get the bid up to 200,000.00.
I just reported it too.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
JD Spydo

Worth considering

Post by JD Spydo »

J Smith wrote:Lets take 4 or 5 of us and get the bid up to 200,000.00.
I just reported it too.
Jeff at first I thought this was just "tongue & cheek" but the more I think about it you may have something there :) This may be the only way to get their attention. I just wonder though if they could legallly put us on the hook for that amount :confused:

And this is so obvious :( No wonder so many scamsters flock to it :(
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

[quote="DaddyBarlow"]Hey what's your plan B? ]Sorry Mike, was referring to what I had posted in the other thread...

Beginning to think it might be worth the risk of racking up one negative feedback and an NPB to nuke this one, then contact the the seller and inform him that I will be only too happy to meet him in person and pay for the knives in cash after examining them.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!