KNOCK IT OFF YOU GUYS

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sgtmike88

KNOCK IT OFF YOU GUYS

Post by sgtmike88 »

Well, Y'all went and did it. Ya got me in the mood to go look at new knives. I came home with the latest and greatest version of the lightweight Delica. KUDOS, SPYDERCO! This knife's volcano grips really grip back and the new lock isn't interfered with by my meaty paw. The reinforcement around the pocket clip attachment really tops off the package, Thanks! Is it politically correct to carry two Spydies?
Paul Work

Post by Paul Work »

It is NOT politically correct to carry two Spydies. Three, however IS acceptable.

Paul
sal

Post by sal »

Hi SgtMike. Your welcome. enjoy. 11 years of evolution in that design (& we're still workin' on it).

sal
sgtmike88

Post by sgtmike88 »

Still workin' on it, hmmmm? How about maybe a slightly thicker blade with some jimping. The back of that blade sure would look pretty and feel sooooo much better if there was some built in control feature there. Hint, Hint.
sam the man..

Post by sam the man.. »

Uhh, wait till you see the Spyderco "Standard"... *nyuk-nyuk-nyuk!*

Sam

have spydies
will travel...
sal

Post by sal »

SgtMike, What type of control did you have in mind?

sal
sgtmike88

Post by sgtmike88 »

Hi Sal, I was thinking maybe some friction grooves on the thumbrest (or machine notching as you call it on the Military.) I for one have slippery paws and every control feature that enhances gripping characteristics is a plus for me.

Hey...Thanks for asking, I can't think of any other Company I've ever dealt with actually asking for my opinion. This is cool, I think maybe I'll go buy another.

'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. ~ Lincoln
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx SgtMike. We're always interested in the opinions of Spyderco users. We can't always comply, but we always listen.

sal
John V

Post by John V »

Hey, there, Sgtmike! Just curious, I've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new Delicas and Enduras, but no one around here has them yet. Could you let us know where you got yours?

Thanks,
John
sal

Post by sal »

Hi JohnV. I believe that SgtMike is referring to the change from the "old" plastic clip version to the "new" metal clip version.

sal
sgtmike88

Post by sgtmike88 »

Not just that, samo! There's a newer Delica! It's incredible and I got it from Eastern Mountain Sports (the only place that carries Spyderco in my area.)

'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. ~ Lincoln
sam the man..

Post by sam the man.. »

Uhhh, someone better update me with this new spydie. Any scans dude?

Sam

have spydies
will travel...