Two of my favorite SS models

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Steelman

Two of my favorite SS models

Post by Steelman »

These two are with me pretty much every day, my GMT II and my Cricket :)

:spyder: Collector #132 :cool:

Custom Avatar by DiAlex
DFD04

Post by DFD04 »

WOW-great watch and great knife! Rolex makes a great time piece and that Cricket is great too!
:spyder: The peace of heaven is theirs that lift their swords, in such a just and charitable war.
-William Shakespeare :spyder:
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Very nice. I really like the Red/White Bezels on watches.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
Zac

Post by Zac »

Lordy that is some nice steel.
WARNING: Sanity not guaranteed.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Steelman, are you a Glesser, or at least an engineer at the plant or something? Just curious. Joe
Steelman

Post by Steelman »

Hi Joe,
No I'm not a Glesser :) , I work in the pre-engineered steel building industry in Denver.

Custom Avatar by DiAlex
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

You have excellent taste in watches too then Steelman. I guessed you for an engineer because of the watch actually, then I remembered most engineers I know wear Casio's :) . I haven't been to Denver since I was in the army in 82 -83 or so down in Ft. Carson. I'd bet it's changed a whole bunch. Joe
Steelman

Post by Steelman »

Thanks Joe.
The Denver area has changed a lot in the last 22 years since I've been here. One of my other hobbies is collecting watches. I have noticed that a lot of collectors of nice watches also collect knives as well. I think it is the attention to detail that is facinating.

Custom Avatar by DiAlex
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Here's one of my favorite SS models :D Nice pic's steelman,love the watch too!

And friend
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Good observation. I've collected watches for decades also. My current EDC/W is a titanium seiko Kinetic. For some reasons I have trouble carrying my expensive watches, jewlery,knives etc. I feel I'll lose them or some similar hoarding instinct.

The knife collecters that smoke often collect lighters too I notice. Regards, Joe
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

slightly off topic but i figured i'd ask here because the author of this thread seems to know his watches are Skagen any good as far as long-term reliability goes? i really like thier slim, low profile, simple looks.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

Cool pic Steelman......I'm not a watch collector but I sure appreciate fine knives! ;)
Fellyjr.......love the Byrd (tie tac/ pin?)..... :rolleyes: :cool:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

dedguy wrote:slightly off topic but i figured i'd ask here because the author of this thread seems to know his watches are Skagen any good as far as long-term reliability goes? i really like thier slim, low profile, simple looks.
Never been a big fan of Skagen. They try to piggy back on to the "I'm a solid built watch" crowd but they're an also-ran for me.

That said, I run a Suunto day to day for one feature, it has a digital barometer. Great for sailing. Lusted after a Tissot T-Touch for a while that had an analog barometer but it seemed like all that fancy touch screen stuff was just something else to go wrong. Cool watchs though, if you've never seen them:

http://www.ewatches.com/Tissot/T-Touch.html

Nice shot of the Lava. It's the one steel handled knife I've seriously thought about owning.

Ken
玉鋼
squad314

Post by squad314 »

Nice stuff Steelman.I started a thread a couple of weeks back and mentioned that my grail watch is an Omega Seamaster 300M.Have you ever had one,and if so ,what are your opinions?(I really like the 50th anniversary Submariner as well.)
Steelman

Post by Steelman »

Hi Squad314,
Omega makes a very nice watch. I wish they made there own movements though. I used to have a Seamaster, until I got sucked into the Rolex vintage sports watch vortex :eek:

Custom Avatar by DiAlex
squad314

Post by squad314 »

I have been in some cool watch shops and it is very evident that watch folks are very passionate about their hobby.I havn't dipped a toe in the vintage watch collecting pool yet,but I have a feeling i'm gonna. :eek:
Senate

Post by Senate »

watches are as addictive as spydies, since i bought my first seamaster 4 months ago i spend as much time on watch forums than i do on knife forums.
currently i'm still trying to convince myself that i don't need a sea-dweller... lost cause. :rolleyes:
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
JD Spydo

Stainless Rescue > solid beyond belief

Post by JD Spydo »

My favorite all time Spyderco stainless handled knife is the stainless RESCUE models C-14 & C-45. Those knives are built like an aircraft carrier :cool: .

My 2 favorite Spyderco Stainless knives appearance wise are the Harpy and the Karambit. Personally I don't mind stainless handles but they just don't work on every application.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
deeker

Post by deeker »

I don't care for SS that much. I like the clean look and nice lines you get with the material, but it just isn't for me.

I had one small pocket knife that was SS and didn't like the grip it afforded when it or my hands were cold. It felt too slippery. I've steered clear of them since then.
That said, the Lava will be the first SS knife to break the trend. I look forward to getting a grip on it. I hope the ergos fit me as well as everyone else says.