So what lube do ya' prefer?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What lube do you use?

Sentry Solutions TufGlide
25%
Militic-1
29%
White Lithium Grease
1%
Sentry Solutions SmoothKote or BP2000
1%
WD-40 (stands for Water Displacement)
4%
Motor Oil or a basic dino oil
1%
Marine or other heavy grade transmission oil
No votes
Silicone
1%
Other
32%
Do not use lubicants
5%

Total votes: 77

Zac

So what lube do ya' prefer?

Post by Zac »

Let's see what people are using currently as a few new theories and products have recently hit the market. For most, I am assuming people are using dry lube, but I have made an indepth poll...
WARNING: Sanity not guaranteed.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I voted other....cause I'm using a product called CorrosionX, which I clean and lube the knives with...it keeps everything moving freely, does not attract lint or dust and prevents any type of rust or corrosion...I also use this product on all my guns as well, includiing cleaning the barrels of any lead deposits after a day at the shooting range....The product has saved me many many dollars on tools and locks and fishing equiptment that was so badly rusted or corroded that they were ready for the gabarge....Take a lock that is rust shut or won't even close cause of the rust...put a few drops on it wait ten minutes and you have a fully functioning lock again....have a pair of pliers ready for the garbage cause they don't work anymore, say they are frozen shut and you can't open them....put a few drops and within ten minutes you have pliers that work better than new...same thing for rusty fishing reels, nuts that are rusted on screws and bolts, squeeky car doors etc etc etc one drop does the trick....It is nice to see a product such as this that not only really works but does what the company says it will do...I'm sure if you search the web you can come up with more info on the product which is sold in gun shops, and better sporting goods stores.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I prefer Tuffglide. It was the first real quality lube for folding knives that I used and still do. I love the needle like applicator and I haven't had issues with attracting lint or anything like that.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I've used only mineral oil for the last 2 years. Works flawlessly for me. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Capt. Carl

Post by Capt. Carl »

David Lowry wrote:I've used only mineral oil for the last 2 years. Works flawlessly for me. :)
ditto on the mineral oil.
deputy tom

Post by deputy tom »

I prefer Ballistol.Here's a link.tom. :cool:

http://www.ballistol.biz/b^index.asp
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER...Thig crioch air an t-saoghail, ach mairidh gaol 's ceol.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I voted other.

I always use Ballistol for lubing and blade protection.

Works like a charm for me ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Voted for Tufglide, because I use a Sentry Tufcloth for rust protection on the knives I don't carry. I don't use anything on the knives I carry.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
naggalowmo

Post by naggalowmo »

I'm using a lube called SuperLube. It's like a grease with teflon and is working very well for me so I'm sticking to it!
"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you're not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
druid

Post by druid »

mili got i free and seens to work for me i clean a relube farly aften so buidup is not problom
why
wec12

Post by wec12 »

I use mineral oil most of the time but occassionally use WD-40 also.

For me, the disadvantage of using mineral oil is it is kinda hard to remove "old" mineral oil in joint by simply soak Spydies in dish detxxxxx (sorry, don't know how to spell that... that's a "shower gel" for dirty dishes :p ).
Trihonda

Um.... OK

Post by Trihonda »

This is how perverted my workplace is.. Though, not true of me, I would have jokingly said "vasaline" as a sassy retort.

However, the gun/knife lubes I prefer are mil-t. or FP-10. These might be the same/similar product. I've also used rem-oil or hoppes when I run outta other lubes.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Undercoat with Sentry Smooth-Kote and top it off with BP2000. Awsomely smooth action. Used to use Militech and that worked fine too. I do clean and oil my EDCs. Pocket clip seems to keep them out of the pocket fuzz but these new lubes dry out nicely so doubt bottom pocket carry would matter much.

Ken
玉鋼
Capt. Carl

Post by Capt. Carl »

Trihonda wrote:This is how perverted my workplace is.. Though, not true of me, I would have jokingly said "vasaline" as a sassy retort.

However, the gun/knife lubes I prefer are mil-t. or FP-10. These might be the same/similar product. I've also used rem-oil or hoppes when I run outta other lubes.
Do you work at a Jr. High School? ;)
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

You forgot Tri-Flow.

-Jeff

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
Trihonda

Post by Trihonda »

[quote="Capt. Carl"]Do you work at a Jr. High School? ]

No, we're just sick and demented sometimes when it comes to humor. We're always thinking with our minds in the gutter, and laughing at inappropriate things... Like death, mayhem, and pandemonium. kinda how we deal with the stress I guess?

:o
KSDbass

Post by KSDbass »

I either use Hoppe's gun lube, or silicone. They both work fairly well, but I havne't tried anything else so they may be absolutely dreadful and I just don't know it...
Custom avatar courtesy of Dialex!

Bill Brasky could destroy Chuck Norris.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

For years I used air tool oil due to the it's light weight, but recently switched to Militec-1 after I found the 16 oz bottle at my local auto parts place for $16.95.
Steve
cornelis

Post by cornelis »

I use White Lightning.
AUDACIA MAGIA EST
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Break Free.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich