My 3 favorite things! w/pics

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pjrocco

My 3 favorite things! w/pics

Post by pjrocco »

Hey all,

I can not get enough of the Delica 4, it has flew to #1 on my top 10 list. :eek: I think I have been rotating these three Delica 4s for the last month. At this rate they will stay in my rotation till my Lava arrives. (Hurry up Lava!)

So here are my three favorite things... The Delica 4s and Friends!

Rock
VWTattoo

Post by VWTattoo »

Nice Group Photos, Rock! I like the other hardware you have going on there as well! ;) Small, yet powerful!!

The Delica 4 is a very nice knife for the $$$, to be sure! I also enjoy the two D4s in my lineup, although they haven't had a lot of pocket time- the Green Mini Manix has been overshadowing a lot of other knives, for some reason! :)

Thanks for the pics!
2004 VW R32 :cool:
Got GIN-1?
Capt. Carl

Post by Capt. Carl »

You need a delica wave, it sure is fun!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Great picks...... I bet they all get along well.... :cool:

Congrats Rock...
Easer to ask for forgiveness than permission…. :p
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

Thanks for sharing the pics, they look great Rock!!!

The D4 has finally started to grow on me some, after handling one at a local store (Chattanooga finally has a place with some Spydercos :D ).
wec12

Post by wec12 »

Nice picture man~
Seems you maintain your spydies very well :spyder: .
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Nice Delicas. I really like the color of the Foliage Green Delica, just not a big fan of CE knives. Figure I will hold out for the SE British Racing Green Delica 4 (SE BRG D4? - cripes thats long too).

Too bad you had to ruin the photo with one of those "Tupperware" pistols, and in .45 GAP too! :D
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
Zac

Post by Zac »

Iv4 got the D4, the L4...all i need is the glock
WARNING: Sanity not guaranteed.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Nice choice of knives and flashlight. Now you just need a 17670 Li-ion battery to get rechargeable fun with it ;)

That foilage green Delica is looking better and better. They should sell the FRN pieces so I can upgrade my PE D4.... Don't want a CE on a that small knife :(

Sverre
JD Spydo

Go back to Square #1

Post by JD Spydo »

DARN YOU!! ROCK!!! You should have got an L7 like I told you to :rolleyes: . Now you're going to eat 123A BATTERIES like M&Ms candy. But I guess as long as you got a Surefire you can be forgiven ;) But you would have saved the extra $$ in batteries within a year or so.

If you're going to go the disposable battery route then you need to take a hard look at the E2d Defender. Also on the blades>> I still like the Caly Jr. better but that's just my preference. You really can't go wrong with ZDP-189. I wish they would do one fixed blade with that steel.

This Forum can be a billboard for a big "wish list" at times. :D
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

[quote="JD Spydo"]DARN YOU!! ROCK!!! You should have got an L7 like I told you to :rolleyes: . Now you're going to eat 123A BATTERIES like M&Ms candy. But I guess as long as you got a Surefire you can be forgiven ]

No worries Joe, I've had the L4 for almost a year now... That is why I was looking for a new torch with more throw since the L4 is more of a flood. Still going to pick up the L7 once money permits. ;) :)
Rock
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

wec12 wrote: Seems you maintain your spydies very well :spyder: .
That I do, I'm pretty much a freak about cleaning and protecting my knives. I have to clean them after every use, that's why most of my t-shirts look like swiss cheese. :)
Rock
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

if your looking for a new torch why not check out the streamlight strion? btw i like your delica pic's,way cool!
spydermdz

Post by spydermdz »

thread starter, i like you man!!!!

you carry the best of everything SD related. spyderco, glock, and surefire.

i have the G26. i am not a big GAP fan... that round never caught on to me... but the spyderco line always has... as have surefire. :cool:

great CCW rig brother!!!!
myspace

ATC

:spyder: meshmdz :spyder:
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Very nice pics of some very nice knives Rock :cool:

I see that you finally have some serrations in your arsenal now :D

Enjoy them ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

spydutch wrote:I see that you finally have some serrations in your arsenal now :D
It's funny, since I have been EDCing this Foliage green Delica... I have some respect for SE now. I still prefer PE, but I think I'll have to pick up an SE Delica and give the Spyder edge another shot. :)
Rock
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

[quote="pjrocco"]No worries Joe, I've had the L4 for almost a year now... That is why I was looking for a new torch with more throw since the L4 is more of a flood. Still going to pick up the L7 once money permits. ]

Your L4 can use rechargeable batteries without any modifications. You just need to buy a 17670 Li-ion battery or two and a charger. Works just like on cr123s.

Not to step on anybodys toes, but there are a lot better rechargeable lights out there than the L7. SF U2 or L5 can both use Li-ion rechargeables without modifications, both have more throw than your L4.

If you want to upgrade your Surefires check out Candlepowerforums or send John at Lighthound.com an email. There are several ways to run Surefires on rechargeables.

Sverre
riot77

Post by riot77 »

pjrocco wrote:Hey all,

I can not get enough of the Delica 4, it has flew to #1 on my top 10 list. :eek: I think I have been rotating these three Delica 4s for the last month. At this rate they will stay in my rotation till my Lava arrives. (Hurry up Lava!)

So here are my three favorite things... The Delica 4s and Friends!

What is a .45 G.A.P.??? is it the same as ACP???
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

riot77 wrote:What is a .45 G.A.P.??? is it the same as ACP???
Almost, it is roughly the same power in a shorter cartridge. The advantage is you can fit it a smaller grip, allowing smaller hands to use comfortably. The disadvantage is that it is a new round so more expensive and harder to obtain. :)
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Rock based on the title of this thread, I would have thought your woman would rate in the top three. I hope she doesn't read these forums! :p
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.