c24 blackhawk

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jmosinjoe

c24 blackhawk

Post by jmosinjoe »

I just recieved one in a trade (Thanks Rick!) and it is a wonderfully made knife. It is a Colden Colo. P/E with g-10 scales, Gin-1 steel. I've read some of the posts about this knife and can agree that it is one that should be brought back into,at least, limited production. I let a few of my knife savvy coworkers inspect the c24 last night and can tell you it was an instant hit. I hope that Sal will consider bringing this fine knife back into production as it will sell very well and I would purchase (another)one in a heartbeat. :)
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

I vote for one with the same upgrades the Milie sprint run has(Peel-ply CF and BG-42)!
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

im a fan of the blackhawk, but i cant say id buy another. Maybe if it was ZDP plain edge and dark green or blue g10....
Hillbillenigma

Post by Hillbillenigma »

Good deal! Lucky!! I've been looking for one of these with no success. Looks like a great grip on that one.
ceya

Post by ceya »

The 3rd favorite Spyderco. I bought mine in 1995 and took it to the ROS 95.

Nice blade style (Bowie clip point) but my screws came out when Laci Szabo stopped when we made a pit stop.

I got out and flicked and my screws when flying. I have CE,PE,SE in G10 and PE in Alumium.

Enjoy the blade, one of the unsung designs of Spyderco.

S/F,
CEYA!
ceya

Post by ceya »

I am trying to post my 5 of 6 Black hawks but when I load it states "partially loaded". I resized and everything else.

S/F,
CEYA!
chinook

Post by chinook »

I don't think the fault is on your side, probs with the site software I believe. I hope you try again as I just sold my only Blackhawk, a SE aluminum and I'd love to see your variations. A very influential and important model which exhibits recognizable traits with many later models.
.><CHINOOK*>
ceya

Post by ceya »

chinook wrote:I don't think the fault is on your side, probs with the site software I believe. I hope you try again as I just sold my only Blackhawk, a SE aluminum and I'd love to see your variations. A very influential and important model which exhibits recognizable traits with many later models.

Man, That is the one I was missing. Get it back. If they want PE - G10 I have it.

I will try again 7 th time. all other sites I was able to post.

S/F,
CEYA!
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

ceya wrote: I will try again 7 th time. all other sites I was able to post.

S/F,
CEYA!
The site hosting is down, try uploading them to image shack or somthing I really want to ssee them!
Just-American
WTC#1511
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

chinook wrote: I hope you try again as I just sold my only Blackhawk, a SE aluminum and I'd love to see your variations.
Man that guy sniped me as I was writing out the check ;)
Just-American
WTC#1511
chinook

Post by chinook »

[quote="Civilian"]Man that guy sniped me as I was writing out the check ]

I am really happy that people appreciated that knife. Beyond the obvious monetary worth, I posted many pics and scans of it in response to posts here and on BF. I got it from a person on BF who needed the money at the time and subsequently I required to liquidate some Spyders due to real life needs. I didn't lose any money on any (well maybe one) that I put on auction.

Spyderco makes knives that stand up well to time and their business practices and policies only enhance their value.
.><CHINOOK*>
ceya

Post by ceya »

My temporary pics til the Spydie Crew get stuff working.

http://usualsuspect.net/forums/attachme ... 1154059368

There is one on Ebay now Spyderco Aluminum Blackhawk with Presentation Box

I am going to try.

S/F,
CEYA!
naggalowmo

Post by naggalowmo »

They look like Natives with trailing points and g-10. I wouldn't mind a sprint run either. They look like they'd handle quite nicely.
"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you're not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
ceya

Post by ceya »

I say far from a Native.

S/F,
CEYA!
jmosinjoe

Post by jmosinjoe »

I had a Native III and it just didn't settle in my hand the way that the Blackhawk does. This is not to say that the Native is a bad knife, quite the contrary, it is an excellent knife. My feeling about the Blackhawk series is that it is a design in and of itself that is, to me, high end in concept as knives of conventional styles go. Now, the Native with conventional "flat" scales in g-10 or frn is definitely on my want list as that stlye handle fits my hand better than the 3d Native III handle. Both are great knives! :D