ZDP Delica: Is that it then?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
oregon

ZDP Delica: Is that it then?

Post by oregon »

So...hm...uhhh...If you haven't rec'd your ZDP delica yet can you assume that your chances are kaput? Too high on the list at your dealer, unlucky, ordered late, fell thru the cracks, missed the boat...on the first solid ZDP.

Or, is there still some chance that you could get lucky?

Are all of the dealers all out?

Best,

oregon
Ted

Post by Ted »

2nd batch just arrived...I'm sure if you really search, you'll be able to get them for a good price. If not, Ebay has them now for below $130 and my guess is that the price will drop to a $100
Mine from the 2nd batch of Knifecenter just arrived. I ordered it when the 1st batch just arrived and their website said 'out-of-stock-new-batch-in-a-couple-of-weeks'. At that time, NGK already had a list over 150 IIRC.
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

Just got a call from my dealer and I am going to pick it up in a day or two. :D

But you have to know it has been on order since last winter, when it was postponed because it was going to be made in the D4 format.

I can't wait...

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
Gollum

Post by Gollum »

This guy had one in stock for $89.95 as of 10:00 am EDT Tuesday:
http://www.davesknifeworld.com/index.as ... trCompare=

Hope it helps!
JspyEDC

Zdp Price

Post by JspyEDC »

I just don't think the price is gonna go below retail. Retail price for the C11PBLE is $109.95, and there were only 1200 produced. Pretty reasonable MSRP on solid ZDP. If you can get one for $130.00, I think you will have made a sweet deal, cause it's such a finite market. Good luck!
Spyderco Collector #162
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

A dealer told me this morning he didn't think the Delicas would be appearing in any great numbers any more. Most dealers are through their allocation and the guy I spoke to thought there weren't any more allotments. The ones still unsold here and there should be moved on ASAP. I wouldn't wait.

Some are still in transit. Another dealer stated he was holding a few back for christmas ( when the price is back up). The Lum may not be out untill 07. :(

The Lava, then Captain should be first, then Lum, then finally the Black handled ZDP Caly Jr's. Only Spyderco knows whats next :) .

There will be some green Enduras coming out. Don't mistake them for the ZDP English Racing Green ZDP's planned for the future.

Speaking for me only, these ZDP sprint runs were worth all the searching, phone time and chasing rumors. Joe L.
oregon

Post by oregon »

Thank you kindly for the helpful replies gentlemen. I really appreciate the information.

All the best,

oregon
bh49

Post by bh49 »

yesterday one was sold on e-bay for $100 or you can get Jess horn for less. I saw few of them sold for around $80
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Padawan

Post by Padawan »

JspyEDC wrote:If you can get one for $130.00, I think you will have made a sweet deal, cause it's such a finite market. Good luck!
Then I got a terrific deal, indeed. Thanks again NGK. :D
cchimni

Post by cchimni »

I just got a shipment of 7 from one of my distributors.... and unfortunately they said that was the last of them. I was able to fill all but one of my pre-orders. I guess I should mention that I am an online knife dealer. I will keep searching for more, but I don't think my distributors will come up with anymore. :(
oregon

Ask and you shall receive.

Post by oregon »

Thanks to one, of many, of the outstanding forum members I was able to locate and order a D4ZDP at a bargain price.

You know who you are. And, wait for it... you have half a beer coming! :D

Thanks members.

Best,

oregon, doing the happy dance :p
peacefuljeffrey

Post by peacefuljeffrey »

You could always wait til the greedy hoarders who scooped up multiple specimens start hawking them on ebay for $300 a pop. :rolleyes:

That, um, that was the plan all along, wasn't it?

-Jeffrey
"Within this frame an ocean swells -- behind the smile -- I know it well..."
7k7k99

Post by 7k7k99 »

Island Security has several of them if you want to pay $149
ATR216

Post by ATR216 »

Hello.....Knivesplus.com has them in @ $68.xx. I ordered one yesterday. They said one per customer and no international sales.....William
Ritt

Post by Ritt »

Thanks for the info ATR216, just ordered one myself. Can't have too many of these, they are cutting machines, and at that price a sound investment.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Looking at the knives plus site I'm 1) surprisd to see the C25 and C50, and 2) see how much more they are going for now. By the way, they seem like nice people. They could have charged a lot more for the Delicas and gotten it. They were also decent people to talk to. Joe L.
ATR216

Post by ATR216 »

Mastiff...Yes their customer service is that way (excellant) . They also went out
of their way to call me at home to ask me if I wanted to wait for an item I ordered that was out of stock or just send the ZDP 189 Delica. I said just send it and I will order the other small accessory at a later date.
Most importantly I was able to have it shipped to my P.O. Box at the USPS office. They will be my new main first choice for knife orders...William :)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Ditto, just ordered one as a present for my son - tks for the heads-up. :spyder:
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

BTW, thanks for the heads up on that one ATR. Let me know if I can help track down something for you.

I ended up getting another item from the discontinued section while I was there. A CKRT S2 ( ATS 34 Ti framelock 2 7/8 th inch blade). Titanium framelocks are one of my weaknesses. My first ever custom was one in BG42. I have a difficult time passing them up if they have decent steel in the blades. I typically don't get too many CKRT knives though. Come to think of it I've gotten spoiled with Spydercos. :) . I broke down and got my first Dodo the other day. I think I better lay low for awhile before my wife gives me that " I thought we were supposed to be saving " speech again. :cool: Joe L.
DFD04

Found some

Post by DFD04 »

I just picked up one of these at the factory store, I believe they have more. It was $110 in store, not sure what it is over the phone.