USER opinions of the Military?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jeff/1911

Post by Jeff/1911 »

Chinook said it best. The Calypso is a gorgeous, sleek "dress up" knife. I wouldn't be without mine. However, for any real hard use I select one of the Military's every time. Well, that's at least when I'm not selecting one of the Police models, or something else. Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, I don't think that the Calypso is in any way a weak knife in fact it seems very strong. Yet when it comes to a tough job; much like one might say to a "nice" girl...

"I just don't think of it that way"!

They're both wonderful knives. However, if I were only able to buy one of these two models, it'd be the Military, plain edge.

- Jeff/1911.

Edited by - Jeff/1911 on 9/8/2001 10:47:30 PM
Tightwad

Post by Tightwad »

Interesting info. One of these days I'll have to look at a Military. I find the large Calypso
to be more than enough knife for my needs. I'd guess that since Sal had a major hand in the
design of both knives they are targeted at two different uses. Besides I'm very partial to
lockbacks for rough work. That puts the Military down on the list for me. If Sal were to
make a Military in a lockback (of some type) I'd make sure to have a look. So I'd have to
agree .....both are great knives....for their individual intended uses.