Favorite spyderco you don't have and why

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
druid

Favorite spyderco you don't have and why

Post by druid »

For me it would be the civilian, this knife the aluminum with inlay version introduced me to spyderco knives, I have halfheartedly tried to trade this knife once before, but have not gotten one for a couple of reasons one I cannot use them for manual tasks around the house I find a good way to heat used to knives and get enjoyment out of them. Two despite what anybody says I really don't think illegal in California for General Carry. And possibly three come running out of room in my collection case and this knife would take up a lot of room :eek:
why
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Spydero Bob Terzuola.

Eventually I'll get one. I just really like this old knife. :)

Edit: I realized I forgot to add the "why". Only because they are semi-hard to come by and if you do find them they are pretty expensive. I just need to jump on one I guess when I see it. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford

Post by 224477 »

Some time back it was the PE C54 Calypso, but Santa was great and I found it under the Xmass tree last winter (Thanks Santa :) )

Now I would say its whether the full flat ground Chinook II, or nowadays called Chinook III , PE, or a PE Manix 83 with whom I fell in love lately.

Yeah, and I would almost forget, the LAVA, because aside from Chad, and a couple of folks at :spyder: factory, everybody is missing that one, desperately in some cases :D
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

For a long time for me it was the forum Military. When it came out I was a student whose limited funds had to go towards books :mad: . However, those books now have given me the position to get most any spydie I desire. :D However, the forum Military had gone. Thankfully, Santa paid me a visit last year as well and the knife is now mine! :D

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Blades

Post by Blades »

The Starmate. I have had 3 of them over the years, but I always sell/trade them, because I can never bring myself to carry it. :)

Blades
--Jason--
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

D'Allara Drop point, because they are not going anywhere and I am always picking up other more rare models.
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

The Lil Temp is what I want!

I have always been attracted to this knife, you can't hardly beat g-10 and a compression lock. I kick myself EVERY day for not buying one at the blade show (I thought I could find an S30v PE Leaf for cheaper than his $150, but I find that is about the going rate.)

Why I don't have one yet? No money, but soon. This friday, I will have worked 26 hours of overtime, and I will have a Lil Temp.

I am man on a mission :D
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I really would like to have a fully serrated Worker(and a back up so I can use one ;) )

Because of all the horror stories, I don't buy knives from E-Bay, so I guess that's the reason I don't have one yet.

Well, maybe one day.... :confused:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

The favorite Spyderco that I don't is the BG42 & CF Military. Why, I can not afford it. I LOVR BG42, CF, and the Military!! I think it is an amazing knife!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Hannibal Lecter

Supertanker Hawkbill and Pikal...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

Because they are not yet available... :(

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

I've been looking for an Ironstone Hunter and it comes down to finding one when I have the cash. I did find one, but the seller wouldn't send it to Canada. Thankfully, I found a forumite whom I can send it to when I save up for it. Hopefully it will still be there.
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

For me it's the Massad Ayoob (lack of funds) and the G police model (lack of funds)
It's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6
gordonk

Post by gordonk »

Military for me. More indecision than anything. It just one of those things where I simply don't use a larger blade that often and the cost is just high enough (around $200 CDN) AND I have already have some larger blades and don't use them enough as it is. I have a Paramilitary and an Al Mar SERE 2K (SERE was a lot more), that don't see enough use. I do, however, have an Endura 3 (actually 2), that does see use, but again.....it's (they) have more than held up to what I've used them for. I don't doubt I'lll eventually get one, just a matter of when I want one bad enough. It's not really a money thing for me, just deciding. There are others to buy in the meantime that I know I will use :)

- gord
charlie

Post by charlie »

Some of the early release models that I do not have:
C02 MARINER, 1982
C03 HUNTER, 1983
C04 EXECUTIVE, 1984
C16 Wayne Goddard, GIN 1, Micarta, 1991
C18 Wayne Goddard Jr, GIN 1, Micarta, 1992
C19 Bob Terzuola Jr, Alunimum, 1993
C27 Jess Horn, ATS-34, BONE, 1994
Reason I would like to own 1 each of those above. I did not discover Spydero Knives until the late 90.s.
:spyder: Collector #047
C.P. Adams Jr.
Patriot

Post by Patriot »

PE Civilian. There is a very simple reason too: it starts with $ and ends with $ (with quite a few more thrown in the middle too).
-Patriot

"Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone." -- Frederic Bastiat
markg

Post by markg »

The Chinook... I promise I will get one soon!

Why don't I have one? Just lazyness...

G-10 Rookie

Why don't I have one? Snooze you lose, I guess...
scout

Post by scout »

Original Bob T. in g10...........handle flex induced lock slippage :(
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

The Lava because it's not shipped yet :(

-Jeff

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
spydermdz

Post by spydermdz »

Civilian and Yojimbo. oh yea, i want another Manix and Chinook!!!! cant beat the manix or chinook
myspace

ATC

:spyder: meshmdz :spyder:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Aside from the Lava, which I'm eagerly anticipating but does not exist yet, and the full flat ground damasteel Kiwi I keep bugging Sal for, but will probably never exist, I'm down to a few "hard cases". Still looking for a PE LH Harpy, a PE LH Mariner, a PE Spyderkey, and an H.L. Dalis "Statue of Liberty" Q. Not holding my breath on any of them. Out of the four, have never as much as seen three of them on the block, and the one time I did see a PE Spyderkey for sale, a couple other people had MUCH deeper pockets.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!