Who wants a Spyderco - Victorinox collaboration?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TK

Who wants a Spyderco - Victorinox collaboration?

Post by TK »

Hello,

who wants a collaboration between Spyderco and Victorinox :D ? The result should be something like the Dyad with some tools, for instance bottle opener, screw driver, ...

Thomas
"I always thought it would be great to have two wives."
"No! You're thinking of a man with two knives."
ruxton

Post by ruxton »

Not a bad idea actually, i'm thinking burgundy or red g-10, SE, PE blades and some other random useful tools.
Although I'd be more interested in seeing a spyderco/leatherman collab. basically a wave with round holes and vg-10/s30V :D
"Even though I, Bruce Lee, may die some day without fulfilling all of my ambitions, I will have no regrets. I did what I wanted to do and what I've done, I've done with sincerity and to the best of my ability." - Bruce Lee
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

i like the idea. A G-10 s30v swiss army knife would be awesome, add in spyder serrations, a lockback, and some other spyder stuff and keep the size down.
I would buy one--it would be the perfect edc tool. As useful as swiss army tool but as dependable/durable/well built as a spyderco.
brainus

Post by brainus »

I think Spyderco's entry into the multi-tool region is how they've envisioned it - a collaboration with Victorinox seems like it would just be a SAK with differently styled serrations and a different slab material. They already have a locking blade, with an opening hole, on one of their models.
charlie

Post by charlie »

My EDC currently is a Spyderco-Victorinox collaboration. A Victorinox Excecutive model in my left pants pocket and a Spyderco Delicia 4 combo edge clipped into my right pocket. :)
:spyder: Collector #047
C.P. Adams Jr.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

No thanks.

I like Spydies just how they are. I also carry a Victorinox Huntsman for anything else.

:)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Outlaw

Post by Outlaw »

TK wrote:Hello,
who wants a collaboration between Spyderco and Victorinox :D ? The result should be something like the Dyad with some tools, for instance bottle opener, screw driver, ...
Thomas

Like this perhaps?
Attachments
vm_54876_sol_a03.jpg
vm_54876_sol_a03.jpg (26 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

I don't think Spyderco would want to give up the reliability required to make a SAK type knife.
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
JD Spydo

I made up my own Spyderco/Victorinox collab

Post by JD Spydo »

For over the last year I have been carrying my Spyderench and Victorinox "SWISS TOOL" in my pick up truck everywhere I go. What the Swiss Tool won't accomplish the Spyderench seems fill the void.

I would be in favor of a collaboration between the 2 companies. But keep one thing in mind. Spyderco's quality standard are much more ridgid than that of Victorinox's. I think something could be done. If you want to go the European route I would even like to see Spyderco & Boker make another attempt at a collaboration.

But as we speak the Spyderench and the Swiss Tool are the 2 best multi tools on the planet period>>> :cool:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!

Post by 5150 »

intriguing............................................................................................
pdice

that would be awesome

Post by pdice »

That would be awesome, either leatherman or swiss-army. I usually end up carrying some type of spyderco and then either a swiss army knife or a leatherman on my belt.
BlackNinja

Post by BlackNinja »

Count me in for one! A Spyderco quality Victorinox knife would be sweet! REAL SWEET!!! :D Sounds like a great collaboration. Nice idea, TK!
Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh;
Let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones;
Let him fracture your bones and you take his life!
-Bruce Lee-
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Joe
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

My very first knife was a Victorinox Camper at around age 8. Believe me when I say I know the utilitarian value of a SAK. But let me play devil's advocate here for a minute :o

Spyderco revolutionized the knife world way back when with the C01, Worker. First knife to:
-have a pocket clip
-be usable with only one hand
-have the now famous round hole
-etc.

There have been a great many innovations come from Spyderco since then, each one breaking new ground in the world of knives. But answer me this:

What feature or design from Victorinox would warrant a collaboration?

With the Spyker, Spyderco got Ken Onion's distinct and very noticable designed ergonomics and blade shape (contemplating getting one, although I still think it should have been a lockback :rolleyes: ).

The Gunting brought Bram Frank's multi-functional single-bladed design into play.

Ed Schempp has brought more than one distinct design to the table with Spyderco and all have offered something new and exciting.

Even our own Knifebrother DAYWALKER has given us the SUBCOM (from Boker) and the Lava. Both are knives that boldly challenge what has been seen in the knife industry in the past few decades!

Granted I haven't kept up on the progress of SAK's in the past few years, but it seems as though the design and tools have stayed essentially the same. With as many years as both of these companies have been in the business, you would think that one would have approached the other by now if they wanted to put their heads together to create such a thing.

If progress is more than I have seen, is there anything new and earthshaking from Victorinox that would be worth bringing to the drawing board?

-Jeff

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

I'll vote for YES as a collab between 2 such awesome companies can only mean Good Things! ;)
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."

Post by 224477 »

If I want a SAK, I take a SAK.
If I want a :spyder: , I take a :spyder:
Thats it by me :cool:

No need to cross them.
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
bigcat

Post by bigcat »

I still want to see the Spyderco Boy Scout Knife.

BIGCAT
"The Power that made the body, Heals the body."
Paulo Freire

Post by Paulo Freire »

Outlaw wrote:Like this perhaps?
:) Maybe :spyder: teach Vick how make CLIPS!!!!
voxnaes

Post by voxnaes »

Bad idear, IMHO!!!! Victorinox is as boring as it gets..... :(
Vox
Joe Wright

Post by Joe Wright »

Hello All,

I've carried a Victorinox Hunter since I was 14. I'll be 63 next month. I'm now carrying my 3rd Hunter as I've worn out the first two. I collect Vics - have close to 400 of them.

I also collect and carry Spydies of one type or another.

I'd love a collaboration between the two. I'll sign up for all the models, colors and shapes they come up with.

A Vic is, in one form or another, like a Scout Knife. Leatherman recognizes that form with their new knife line and I'm collecting the Leatherman knives as well.

Sal & Carl - bring it on!!!!!

Best - Joe
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

Again, I hold nothing against Victorinox, but what could be collaborated between them and Spyderco that has not been seen before? Some among us would like to see this collaboration, but JUST WHAT WOULD THAT ENTAIL?

-Jeff

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.