Spydiehole = Trigger... lock it up...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vampyrewolf

Spydiehole = Trigger... lock it up...

Post by vampyrewolf »

I picked up a locking carabeiner for my keys, and it now acts as a "trigger lock" on my spydies. Much like securing your prized guns to hinder firing(firing pin removal or triggerlock), this pretty much prevents the spydies from opening.

The shackle is big enough to fit my 4 EDC on it, and room to spare, and the Wegner jr(smallest hole) fits 80% of the way back.

It locks via a combination... 3 numbers... 1-0... small dials set in bottom of side... 1000 possible combinations! could take a while to figure out if you don't know it.

It comes from MasterLock, sells for $7 up here. made for backpacks and such... about 5-6 colors.

http://www.masterlock.com/cgi-bin/produ ... late=style

Check them out. Easy way to secure your spydies in travel or something... I'm picking up a pile... keys, bike, spydies...

We all start with 10 fingers. Those with Spydies have 9 to spare, Still need a thumb. Good thing I still have 8 to spare...
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

searching thier site, another great option that I have to check out...

http://www.masterlock.com/cgi-bin/produ ... late=style

2x the price, but more combinations... you wanna open my spydies you gotta work at it...

We all start with 10 fingers. Those with Spydies have 9 to spare, Still need a thumb. Good thing I still have 8 to spare...
Gatekeeper

Post by Gatekeeper »

Mainly for safety (like around the little-uns), or for anti-theft. Sounds like they would be quite a challenge to get at in the dark. Quite ingenious though.
THE GATEKEEPER
earthworm

Post by earthworm »

The plastic slipties for bundling wires work equally mwee;particularly for collectables you don't want opened period.