Heads Up - Moki Evrinas

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Clay Kesting

Heads Up - Moki Evrinas

Post by Clay Kesting »

I was Googling for scrimshanders yesterday and found these gorgeous Moki Evrinas scrimmed by C. Bertrand. :spyder: was the sole distributor for these and they were the prototypes for a later FRN version. There were 2 sizes, from memory about 4 1/4" and 3 1/2" closed. Sal had 50 of each scrimmed by Linda Karst, the larger ones with a tiger and the smaller ones with a cheetah. I think John Jensen still has a set for sale. Back in the early days of this forum Sal did me a deal on the tiger that I couldn't refuse and it is my most prized knife. They are beautiful knives, solidly built with thick scales which swell towards the butt and a lined lanyard hole. The blade is mirror polished and has a hollow grind right to the spine.

These really are a steal at that price and need to go to good homes. If I had the money I'd buy all 3 but I don't so I'd love to see some forum members grab them.

cheers,
clay
"The best boats are either small enough to carry home, or big enough to live on." Phillip C. Bolger (1927-2009)
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

The Moki's that Linda Karst scrimshawed are as rare as snake's teeth. They are featured / pictured in "The Spyderco Story" if you've never seen them. I managed to bag the Cheetah version (thanks again Recoil! :) ), but have never seen the larger Tiger version for sale except in pictures (and on John J's website as part of a matched set).

You can occasionally find the unscrimed version of both of the Moki's for sale on Ebay. These models approach handmade quality levels.
Steve