Steven Seagal & his Spydercard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rick

Steven Seagal & his Spydercard

Post by Rick »

Does anybody remember "The Glimmerman" the Seagal movie w/ Keenan Ivory Wayans ? Remember him using a knife in his wallet that looks like a SpyderCard ?
bengaiser

Post by bengaiser »

Yes, that was a great scene. I think his was sharp on both sides though. I can't believe no one thought of that sooner (such a cool idea).

Ben
Windwalker

Post by Windwalker »

I have a "card" made by Tekna that I bought maybe 10 years ago... sliding blade, sharp on both sides...
Tekna had some interesting ideas.... too bad they sold out..
Windwalker
KWG

Post by KWG »

Windwalker-
Not to take this too far off topic, but what exactly did happen to Tekna? I have had all of their knives at some point, and although the quality of the products wasn't up to the daring nature of their designs, they were very useable. Any history?
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

Rick,

That would be cool if Steven Segal had used our SpdyerCard. I'm guessing that it was something else since the SpyderCard didn't come out till around Christmas 1999. Was Glimmerman made before then?

Just gossip....Ken Onion (custom maker extraordinaire)is good friends with Segal and has made several custom pieces for him. Ken had a picture at last year's SHOT Show of him and the 'ponytailed guy'. Nice to know Segal is a knife knut.

Joyce