Pocket Clip

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rwheet

Pocket Clip

Post by rwheet »

I bent the **** out of my new Endura's clip wresting with a shop lifter. And I can't get a response from Spyderco about getting a new clip. Can anyone help?
STR

Post by STR »

I have a whole bag of old clips from past mods on mine and forum members knives when they let me keep them. Show me the clip and I'll see what I have that matches up.

STR
It is not necessary to do extraordinary things in life but only to do ordinary things extraordinarily well.

STR's Blog
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

rwheet wrote:I bent the **** out of my new Endura's clip wresting with a shop lifter. And I can't get a response from Spyderco about getting a new clip. Can anyone help?
Which number did you call, and did you leave a message with your name and number? I have found they always call back, but it does sometimes take a few hours. It's a small company and today is the day after a holiday, so they might be a bit short-handed.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
mr.vu

Post by mr.vu »

Wrestling with a shop lifter?

Vu
STR

Post by STR »

Sounds like he lost that match doesn't it? :D

Seriously Spyderco is very good about getting their customers taken care of. They will come through for you just be patient.

STR
It is not necessary to do extraordinary things in life but only to do ordinary things extraordinarily well.

STR's Blog
shootist16

Post by shootist16 »

I'm needing a clip kit for an Endura 4. I called the factory outlet and they advised they didn't have any yet.
Dennis Bible
VictorLouis

This worth a try...

Post by VictorLouis »

I've tweaked the clip on other knives, taking the 'spring' out of them.

Unscrew it and mount it in reverse, just like a diving-board hanging off of the knife. Now, hold the knive flat against the table, then press down on the clip to bend it back in the right direction. Unscrew, and re-install to see if you restored enough tension to your taste. :)
JspyEDC

info...

Post by JspyEDC »

it never ceases to amaze me the amount of great info I get from this site. WOW. Thanks everyone, as always.
Spyderco Collector #162
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

email amanda. she will take care of it for you. i just got a new clip for my lum from her.
STR

Post by STR »

I have one clip from the upgraded Delica 4 I'm currently rebuilding. I believe it uses the exact same clip as the Endura 4. I didn't want to say anything earlier because technically it isn't my clip. But I did email the owner of this knife I'm upgrading and he told me he had no problem helping out another Spyderknut.

No fights or hard feelings please. I only have one. I would hope that the one needing it the most gets it.

STR

STR's Blog
shootist16

Post by shootist16 »

STR wrote:I have one clip from the upgraded Delica 4 I'm currently rebuilding. I believe it uses the exact same clip as the Endura 4. I didn't want to say anything earlier because technically it isn't my clip. But I did email the owner of this knife I'm upgrading and he told me he had no problem helping out another Spyderknut.

No fights or hard feelings please. I only have one. I would hope that the one needing it the most gets it.

STR

I would gladly buy it from him.
Dennis Bible
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

Amanda at Spyderco is awesome -- I'll second that! I recently received a replacement clip for my SS Police. Be patient -- Spyderco will come through for you. :)
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
rwheet

Post by rwheet »

I have left several messages over the past few months, and haven't herd any thing. Thanks for the help everyone! I have tried bending it back to place but it was bent to badly. And it doesn't secure in my pocket vary well. By the way STR I won the match(little punk stealing cold medicine).
STR

Post by STR »

Ok I'm not sure I follow that. "Match"? I guess you are referring to the discussion over who gets the clip?

I can probably make another clip that would mount to the same holes for you but I'm not supposed to talk about that stuff here I don't think but instead in private.

If the factory doesn't have them it may be an exception to that rule this one time though.

STR

STR's Blog
shootist16

Post by shootist16 »

STR wrote:Ok I'm not sure I follow that. "Match"? I guess you are referring to the discussion over who gets the clip?

STR

I think he's talking about wrestling the shoplifter.
Dennis Bible
STR

Post by STR »

Dah! Well I'm a bit slow today I guess. I get it now.
Thanks
STR

STR's Blog
rwheet

Post by rwheet »

Thanks for the offer STR I can wait till they get some more. I have plenty of knives I can carry, just got a used CS Gunsite model for $20 I need to practice drawing and opening with.
Ttom

Post by Ttom »

I asked a new clip for my ss Police, and Amanda sent me one , to HUNGARY !
Thanks a lot, Amanda!! :)
Pete1977

Post by Pete1977 »

shoplifting cold medicine? a meth-head most likely, no?

pete
rwheet

Post by rwheet »

Actually Pete that is what I thought at first. But then i saw that the pills had no ephedrine in them. The main ingredient in cough medicine totally unsure how to spell it, when taken in a big enough dose it causes you to trip out like your on LSD. It can also kill you really easy to!