No more Wal-Mart Natives ????????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cyblade2020

No more Wal-Mart Natives ????????

Post by Cyblade2020 »

I went into wally world last night to buy a couple of things and walked by the counter and was thinking about buying a native. There was no native on the display so I asked the clerk which naturally knew nothing about it. I went to another one down the road they didnt have them either. So did walmart get tired of saleing a good knife or did sal get tired of walmart.
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

cyblade2020,
Only some of the walmarts carry them. They are not available in my town either.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

We are currently in just over half of the Wal-Marts in the US.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
ront

Post by ront »

We have 3 Walmarts in the Spokane area. Only one of them sells the Native.

Ron
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

No wallmarts in NYC
spyderking

Post by spyderking »

I stopped by one of the walmarts here in southern california to check and see what, if any spyderco's they carried while I was picking up a pair of headlamps for my car(that was yesterday). I actually didn't see any. There were some winchester, crkt(i think that's right) and some others I wasn't interested in. I did check online and they have some, still no natives though.
mr.vu

Post by mr.vu »

I have only seen plain edge models. I wish they stock serrated ones.

Vu
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

I just happened to be in a Wally today for fishing gear...naturally I glanced at the knife counter...it is still there.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

zenheretic wrote:I just happened to be in a Wally today for fishing gear...naturally I glanced at the knife counter...it is still there.
The counter or the Native ZH? :D

On the downside, none of the half dozen in this area that I've visited within the last few month stocked them at the time I was there, and the two I visit most often did not have them as of last weekend.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
VWTattoo

Post by VWTattoo »

No dice on any Wal-Farts with the Native in stock, or even known about. On the plus side, I did receive lots of attitude for simply asking if they heard of it, or if it was coming to their location. I can't remember when I've heard this phrase so much: "If it's not on the picture, we don't carry it." They must get special training to learn fancy maneuvers like that... :rolleyes: Oh- if anyone needs any extra attitude, I have some left over. :D Shame on me for wanting to buy a knife!

I'm beginning to think that there really is no such thing as a Wally World Native- you all are making this up, right? :D

Ah well, still awaitin' the "new" Native I in GIN-1 format. It'll do me just fine, once it arrives!
2004 VW R32 :cool:
Got GIN-1?
jlh2600

Post by jlh2600 »

Weird. i have three super walmarts within a 10 mile radius from where I live- they all carry it... and they are on the picture!

Oh, physically check them out first before you buy one. So far about 4/5 are pretty "sticky". The opening starts out smooth, then there is a point (or two) in the range of motion where it gets real heavy, like it's rubbing wrong, and then smooth again after that.

The first one I bought was very smooth, so I didn't know any better. The second one not so much. I wnet back to exchange it, but the rest they had there were like the second one. The guy told me it would get to be like my first one eventually, but lubing it didn't help, nor was my first one like that even from the beginning. Luckily I have more walmarts' stock to test out to find a replacement.
tiagre

Post by tiagre »

spyderking wrote:I stopped by one of the walmarts here in southern california to check and see what, if any spyderco's they carried

If your near San fernando valley, Porter Ranch walmart sells them. :cool:
BlackNinja

Not from Hell-Mart!!!

Post by BlackNinja »

I wouldn't buy a Native from ****-Mart if they were selling them for $5. I would much rather spend a little extra cash from a store that doesn't post a 10 BILLION $$$ profit in a year! :eek:
Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh;
Let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones;
Let him fracture your bones and you take his life!
-Bruce Lee-
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Joe
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

after waiting around for about 45min along with 3 other people for the guy in the sporting goods department to show up from his "back in 15 min." he wasn't exactly nice to me or the poor guy in front of me with his son buying a fishing liscense.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
dete

Post by dete »

just came back from Waly,
had a native,
thought about buying it, then I found stuff that was more appealing to me,
which was a multi-tool actually.

I just don't care for the blade design of the native.
The Delica is just too close to ideal for a folder of that size.
Manix Guy 2

No luck last week !

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

I had a honyee doo last week at Wally World here in Central IL. , first time at this store , no Spydercos , and no guns . This place is no place for guy like me , I'm scared to go back !
charlie

Post by charlie »

The Native is one of my favorite Spydercos, however the Sports Manager in the Wal-Mart Store, in Santa Maria, CA, does not know any thing about them and is not interested enough to find out why they can not get them.
Oh well, they still have the best price on 12 ga Shotgun shells (we areTrap Shooters) and Mobil 1 synthetic oils for our vehicles.
p.s. Native, combo edge with CPMS30V steel is my EDC for this week. :)
:spyder: Collector #047
C.P. Adams Jr.
VWTattoo

My Natives have me resltess...

Post by VWTattoo »

I received my GIN-1 Native today, after a delay over the holiday that gave the Post Office a chance to hang onto it for 3 days for me. :p Lucky them!

It sure is a beauty- wicked sharp out of the original box, complete with a '98 Mini- Catalog(!) is perfect shape as well! What a score! It even has the "Earth" part of it's origin on the balde- nice!

It compares up very well with the new PE black Native version- the grind is identical, the choil is a bit more ergonomic on the black native, while the GIN-1 is a bit more angular, and seems a bit beefier at the front choil end of the scales. It kind of gives some extra forefinger grip, but only slightly. The traction grooves on the spine are the same, and the pattern on the FRN is totally identical, too. Oh- there is no Boye dent on the GIN-1 either, a welcome feel, IMO. It's kind of interesting to see how things progressed over the years, and how they stayed the same, because they work.

Long live the older models!! :spyder:
2004 VW R32 :cool:
Got GIN-1?