Manix in Titanium

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BlackNinja

Post by BlackNinja »

Great job!!! :cool:

If I ever get some extra $$$, I would love for you to customize a few of my :spyder: 's!
Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh;
Let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones;
Let him fracture your bones and you take his life!
-Bruce Lee-
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Joe
HoB

Post by HoB »

That is a shweeeet piece, STR!
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

OMG!!! I think I am going to faint!! I LOVE that!! WOW!! I LOVE TITANIUM!! WOW!! Wowie!! Be still my beating heart!! :D :D :D :D :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

PS: WHERE is that drooling smilie???
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
STR

Post by STR »

I like calling it "Sebbie Eater" thats pretty fitting Flip8. I gotta say this thing is going to be hard to mail back. I'm getting a whole new appreciation for the Manix now. I may just have to track me down an older one like this for myself even though its way big for me. I might try this with another knife instead. Like a Pacific Salt maybe..

STR
It is not necessary to do extraordinary things in life but only to do ordinary things extraordinarily well.

STR's Blog
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

STR: get a Mini-Manix!! That is one sweeeeet knife!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Bodieism

Post by Bodieism »

That is one awesome looking knife! I can't hardly wait to put it to good use :D This one is going to be my new EDC. That was mind blowingly fast :eek: I never expected for it to be done that quickly. The handles are astonishing, especially in the first picture (I really like that angle). Thanks again STR.
-- Bodie

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione!
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Sweet! :spyder: :cool: :spyder:

Sam :D
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

That looks very cool! Perhaps adding some divot holes would lighten it even more? Or would that compromise strength?

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

I didn't think an all Ti Manix would look that good. Super!
How thick are the scales?
TK

Post by TK »

:eek: Fantastic job :eek:
"I always thought it would be great to have two wives."
"No! You're thinking of a man with two knives."
STR

Post by STR »

Scales are .125 thick or 1/8".

Thanks guys.

STR
It is not necessary to do extraordinary things in life but only to do ordinary things extraordinarily well.

STR's Blog
STR

Post by STR »

That is one awesome looking knife! I can't hardly wait to put it to good use This one is going to be my new EDC. That was mind blowingly fast I never expected for it to be done that quickly. The handles are astonishing, especially in the first picture (I really like that angle). Thanks again STR.

Glad you like it Bodie. I like it too! A lot! This is so nice I hope Sal sees it because I can't help but think that this would be immensely popular if it was offered this way. It sure has garnered some reaction from those that have seen it.

As for how fast I get things done. Yeah, I found a jeannie in a bottle on the beach a few years back and married her, now she just blinks things into existance for me on my whim. :D I wish! Truth be told things don't ever get 'shop rot' from sitting around in my shop. When something gets here I get after it usually unless something else has my attention or I'm leaving town or something like that. It probably stems from my being used to a very high pressure job and having to micro manage my time for all my working life.

STR

STR's Blog
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Torch It or do grooves!
Bodieism

Post by Bodieism »

STR wrote:This is so nice I hope Sal sees it because I can't help but think that this would be immensely popular if it was offered this way. It sure has garnered some reaction from those that have seen it.
I would also think it would be exceedingly popular if offered that way but when I mentioned something about a titanium Manix awhile back over at bladeforums it didn't really go that well.... most everyone seems to love their precious G-10 or other plastic-ie materials. It might have been b/c the thread title was Stainless Steel Manix though. I think I might borrow my friend's digital camera & post some pictures on bladeforums of it next to some other Spyderco's to see what kind of reaction it gets.
-- Bodie

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione!
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

That is GREAT work, Best of yours so far(that I have seen). That thing is begging for some "ATR-like" holes!
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
STR

Post by STR »

Civilian I have to agree. I think its one of the nicer rebuilds I've done also. Its the only one that I told the owner of it I want first dibs on it if he gets rid of it one day lets put it that way. :D

Here are a couple of shots during the rebuild that I didn't post earlier.

Look at the size of the locks in these knives. Just an awesome folder inside and out really. Too bad its so darn big for me to justify carrying everyday.

You know I think this knife weighs more than my pistol that I carry everyday. No lie.

STR
Attachments
Ti Manix spine shot.jpg
Ti Manix spine shot.jpg (4.78 KiB) Viewed 698 times
Titanium Manix inside view.jpg
Titanium Manix inside view.jpg (18.07 KiB) Viewed 710 times
Titanium Manix.jpg
Titanium Manix.jpg (26.28 KiB) Viewed 708 times

STR's Blog
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Wow, that's REALLY beefy.
VWTattoo

Post by VWTattoo »

STR, your handiwork is nothing short of spectacular. I am in awe of the customization you have done to the knives you show us, and this Ti Manix is stellar! Gawd, I need me one of those! 2 :cool: !
2004 VW R32 :cool:
Got GIN-1?
SoCal Operator

Post by SoCal Operator »

GarageBoy wrote:Wow, that's REALLY beefy.
No kidding! I never doubted people when they used the term "bank vault", but W :eek: W! Just look at the amount of metal around the pivot and in the locking bar.
Ask me where I got my awesome SUPERHAWK!

More like Mid-Cal now

Be Prepared
dialex

Post by dialex »

Now that's a knife! Great job Steve, as always :) Now go for a CF linerless version ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.