New Tim Wegner

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spin

New Tim Wegner

Post by Spin »

Dear All,

I'v just seen an ad in the recent edition of the Blade magazine about a "new" version of the Spyderco/Wegner.

Except the new silly logo on the right hand side of the blade of the Alaska Fishery dept I don't see anything new about the design. Anyone know about any new change?

Furthermore, it says it cost $91.95 for the JR model(smaller with a 2 7/8 inch blade), which I sadly missed before it went out of production a couple of years ago. Is it back on now?

Can't wait to get the tim wegner jr. kind of a near perfert one for me. It would be even better without the silly logo.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Interesting! Apart from the logo, are these knives identical to the 'old' Wegners? Or are these knives similar to the knife formerly known as LYNX?
Thanks,

Wouter
Spin

Post by Spin »

Never heard of LYNX, but from the pic it seems identical to the old ones. Strange is that when I look through the spyderco catalogue AND the blade tech site i couldn't find any mentioning of them.

ARE they really new? ARE the Wegner Jr back in production? Because if they are, I will be going to the shops tomorrow...

For you who have a blade at hand, see page 17 of the oct edition for yourselves. ta.
chinook

Post by chinook »

Here is a pic of the Wegner C48 with the protype of the "notalynx"
and a pic of the Alaskan wildlife model

I know that the Wegner was used by the Alaskan Wildlife people and were the only ones that could purchase it with that designation on the blade. Butt it is logoed on the left side.

Edited by - Chinook on 8/29/2001 9:46:59 AM
The Stare

Post by The Stare »

I'll have to locate that issue and check the ad. Pretty sure it is a Blade-Tech ad, which is Wegner's company.

While there has been lots of talk about the not-Lynx, and we may be seeing it soon, I haven't heard a word about a new Wegner. Also, sometimes companies go on using the word "new" long after a normal human being would quit. Since the Mouse is Wegner's design and he sells those too, that could well be the knife he is referring to. As I recall it, the Mouse was also in that ad.

Stare
Spin

Post by Spin »

I am sorry, indeed the logo is at the left side of the blade. the pix are what the ad carried. so anyone knows whether blade tech's selling the small wegner now?
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Spin and welcome to the forum. There is only one Wegner design at this time and that is the original. There was another design shown at the Blade show that was smaller but it is not yet in production.

sal