How did you learn about this new forum?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

How did you learn about this new forum?

Post by sal »

Subject speaks for itself. Thanx for the input.

sal
BIG Sean Madigan

Post by BIG Sean Madigan »

Hi,

I learned on this forum from a link at Spyderco.com.

All the best,

BIG Sean Madigan
dalerich

Post by dalerich »

I keep an eye on the Spyderco web page and discovered something new! Thanks for providing the space and investing the time to this forum. Have you thought about mentioning this to the Bladeforums members? I would do it if you thought it appropriate.
sal

Post by sal »

Dalerich - actually, we thought it would be "improper" to make an announcement on
Bladeforums. Advertising a competitive forum would perhaps be a litle "tacky?".

We also wanted a little time to get used to the new "action". Vin, Joyce and I will be moderating.

We thought we'd give it a few days and see what happens. It has been "interesting" getting to here so far. A whole new site is in the making now. It will still be 6 - 8 weeks before it comes up.

Yesteday was our first "live" day and we've already got two visitors. Thanx for the time and effort.

There might be some advantages to having a forum on our own site. Time will tell.

sal
Dexter Ewing

Post by Dexter Ewing »

Hi Sal - Joyce told me...don't tell her I said that or I'll be in trouble :)
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

Dexter,
You ARE in trouble buddy! (now you're forgiven)

Welcome everyone to the new Spyderco Forums!

Joyce
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Dex. Hi Joyce. I Guess we're live and operating.

This has to be a "fun" forum. "Life without humor is no fun!"

We're gonna' need a contest to kick this off. I like the one Joyce spoke of with the "Spyderco gift certificate". Any other ideas?

sal
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Stumbled on it by accident -- was aiming for the "discontinued" link without really looking at the screen.
sal

Post by sal »

Dsvirsky - Welcome to the new Spyderco forum. Hope you'll "stumble" in now then.

sal
Clay Kesting

Post by Clay Kesting »

G'day Sal and crew. Look out, here comes the Antipodean connection :). I came to see if the new web page was up yet and noticed the link to the Forum. Looks like there's somewhere else I'm going to have to drop by every day :).

BTW I like the idea of a contest as long as I win, Ferret's been impossible to talk to since he won the other one :).

Take care,
Clay
sal

Post by sal »

G'day Clay. Glad you could drop in. Thanx also for all of the support and attention on the Bladeforums' Spyderco spot. We appreciate your support.

I'll see if I can fix the contest when Joyce and Vin aren't watching.

sal
John V

Post by John V »

Hey guys! Great idea. How did I find it? I just came over to the Spyderco website to see what was up, and found it! Can't wait to see how it goes. And what's this about a new website? What is going to be different from the current one to the new one? Just a new look, or a complete re-vamping? Either way, can't wait to see it.

John V
Clay Kesting

Post by Clay Kesting »

Thanks for the welcome, Sal. Actually I really enjoy hanging around over at the other place because it still has the friendly, relaxed atmosphere the forums had in the early days. Unfortunately that feeling has been lost as the forums have got bigger but I'm sure you will encourage it here. Of course I'm also a big fan of your products, in fact they are the only knives I own :). I must say I was somewhat surprised to see that you have started another forum as I'm amazed you find enough time to do as much on the net as you do already. 'Course, like most of us I'm very grateful that you do :).

Take care,
Clay
sal

Post by sal »

JohnV - Welcome to the Spyderco forum. The entire site will be revised.

Clay - I'll have help with this one. Vin & Joyce as well as several others have committed to assist.

We felt that it would be better to have a forum of our own. We can handle both at this time, but we didn't feel that we liked being competely dependent on Bladeforums for our communication with our internet oriented "extended family".

As you mentioned, it's getting pretty large over there. Most ELU that go the our site don't know that there is a Spyderco forum at Bladeforums, so we may miss quite a few potential visitors.

We plan on a Spyderco dealers forum here. Really not possible over there, passwords & all. We can announce specials here or refer to our items for sale. Something that would be a conflict with Bladeforums own store. etc.

sal
Kdarmy

Post by Kdarmy »

Well, Hello Sal! Quite a surprise when I saw the forums here. I found this because I wanted to find out what would be the cost's of some of the replacement parts on my new SpydeRench if I lost say the file or worse...a whole side!

I wanted to check here first before I asked on BF, & thats when I saw the forums here.

Kindest Regards,
Keith D.Armacost

Edited by - Kdarmy on 7/25/00 2:40:27 PM
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I found it through a link on the Spyderco forum over at BladeForums. I just had to check it out and sign up. The forum looks really nice!
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

Found out about this over on Bladeforums. Sal, are you going to maintain a presence on BF or is this where the show will be from now on?
john row

Post by john row »

I found the link on the Spyderco home page.
John Row
colobbfan - a close neighbor of our FAVORITE knife company!! :)
Munky_v2

Post by Munky_v2 »

I found out about it at BladeForums.