Q about Rescue jr.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mr Blonde

Q about Rescue jr.

Post by Mr Blonde »

To Sal and/or crew I have the following question. Will the Rescue series, in particular the orange Rescue jr., receive the same treatment as the 2001(?) Delica's. That is, will the FRN Rescue knives get the Boye dent locking bar, and reinforced clip attachment in the near future?

Thanks,

Wouter
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mr Blonde. Not in the very near future. We'll be deciding which direction to go with the rescue jr in the early part of next year.

You might be able to add the Boye indent with a file.

sal
Sword and Shield

Post by Sword and Shield »

So what real purpose does the Boye indent serve? It appears to be cosmetic, but maybe there is some purpose I cannot see.

Keepin' it real...real sharp, that is.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi S&S. The Boye indent (from David Boye) reduces the possibility of accidentally unlocking the knife through squeezing the handle too hard.

sal
scolby

Post by scolby »

I would also add that it allows for "indexing" of the lock location without looking at the knife.

"Chance favors the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur
xcentrix

Post by xcentrix »

Hi , Boye dent is easily added using a cut off wheel in a dremel , followed by a sanding drum then some elbow grease and waterpaper , just be careful not to remove too much metal or else the blade won't close !- then you have to remove some material from the handle ! I have just recently modified my G10 harpy in this way.