UK Meet - Leeds 3/3/06

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
philuk44

UK Meet - Leeds 3/3/06

Post by philuk44 »

Looks like I'm the first one to post about the UK meet. Just a quickie - it's late - but I just wanted to say a BIG thankyou to all involved in pulling this together, especially UK Ken. And of course Sal, Eric and Ed - these guys are class! Thanks guys. Hope you enjoyed the day as much as we all did and here's to next year's meet :D

Phil
Damage1978

Post by Damage1978 »

A big thanks to Sal and the Crew from me too. It really was an excellent day, all the protos and concepts. :cool: This is going to be an expensive year.

Oh and Chad's Lava is GREAT in the hand. :p :D :D
Dan
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Senate

Post by Senate »

THIS THREAD WILL BE WORTHLESS this week-end WITHOUT PICS... :D

there I said it... :p
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
UK KEN

No Pictures!

Post by UK KEN »

Senate wrote:THIS THREAD WILL BE WORTHLESS this week-end WITHOUT PICS... :D

there I said it... :p
Sorry my friend, there will be no pictures posted :o at the request of Sal. No problem though.....Ted will be making his Amsterdam Show Report soon! :D

A huge thank you to Sal, Ed, Eric, Jack and Jur for fitting us into their very tight travel schedule. Meeting them and all of you blokes was great I wasn't feeling too well and would have prefered to be on better form and I know for a fact that Medium John was completly knackered but I'm sure he agrees, it was well worth it.

The proto's were incredible you chaps in Amsterdam are in for a serious treat. One knife I think I can talk about from a personal perspective is the Lava. Chad and Spyderco have produced a little belter! It is one of the best feeling knives in the hand that I have known Using any grip in any position it has the most natural feel for a small knife that I have handled. Great knife Chad!

As has already been said, this year is going to be a very expensive one! I can't say that there was a model at the show that I didn't like....what's new!

I would like to thank the Spyderco team for my personal gift it was a smashing gesture. The other gifts that were distributed were excellent also, thank you.

Finally, I'd like to thank all of you guys for getting to Leeds from all over the UK (and Norway ) and making this meeting what it was. Tiffers was a great help behind the scenes and Mr Yarrow did a great job of the raffle and raised a tidy sum for the forum, cheers!

So lets see how many people we can get together for the UK 2007 Meet

Cheers, Ken
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Thanks for the reports, can't wait for tomorrow! And after that it's off to the IWA for me! :D

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha guys!

Glad you had a great time at the Leeds Show. Must be a blast to meet "clipiteers" both old and new...

@ Damage1978 and UK KEN: Thanks for the kind words regarding that C110...ho man, I was (still am) nervous about it. How did The General take to it? :p

@Wouter: Enjoy yourself, (what a dumb thing to say :o ) and please give my regards to the :spyder: Crew, and to Ted and "Qui Gon Jur' "...Have a great but safe time!

God bless you guys, and remember, while you guys are enjoying looking at and playing with all these wonderful :spyder: 's, I will be telling an inmate to "squat and cough"... :eek: *ugh*...

Take care :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

DAYWALKER wrote:God bless you guys, and remember, while you guys are enjoying looking at and playing with all these wonderful :spyder: 's, I will be telling an inmate to "squat and cough"... :eek: *ugh*...
Aww man, did you have to put that image in my mind?! We'll be thinking of you, amidst the clicking of new knives!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

DAYWALKER wrote: God bless you guys, and remember, while you guys are enjoying looking at and playing with all these wonderful :spyder: 's, I will be telling an inmate to "squat and cough"... :eek: *ugh*...
Chad

You've provided an alternative which, in comparison, makes my snow shovelling seem particularly enjoyable :rolleyes:
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
The General

Post by The General »

Huge thanks to all involved making this such a great event! Ken, your the best! :D

I am still buzzing like a bee in a jar so I will post later once I have calmed down and got some sleep! :D

The slightly larger Lava made all the difference Chad! Get a wire clip on that baby and it would be "sorted" as we say in the UK! Great job. :cool:
My real name is Wayne :D
UK KEN

Home!

Post by UK KEN »

Wayne

Glad yer home! Hope the head is better ;) Get some kip!

Ken

PS

You can thank Ghostrider for the lanyard.....and check the side pocket on yer Maxpedition bag. ;)
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

A fantastic day! :D A great big thanks to all!

With what's coming to fruition, we had best prepare the wallet for a total hammering! :D The Lava is a real delight! And one or two others are going to become very notable. :cool:

Sal, Eric, Jack, Ed and Jurphaas, thanks again! :D Ken, you started on next years yet? :D

Warmest regards,

Simon.
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
UK KEN

Geordies!

Post by UK KEN »

Si

I have had some ideas for 2007 ;)

It was great to meet you two lads from my "home-land". It is good to see two good friends enjoying themselves as you two did. :D It reminded me of the relationship that the two blokes in The Likely Lads had! I'm not using the word "relationship" in the Biblical sense you understand.....just that you were obviously very close......make that happy in each others company.......this hole is getting deeper, isn't it! :eek: ;) :p

Seriously though, it was a pleasure to meet you at last! :D Next time you will have to stay over and make a weekend of it.

Cheers, Ken
philuk44

Post by philuk44 »

Ken - I'm a married man!!! :eek: What with Simon's fondness for all things "cowboy" we're in danger of getting into "Brokeback Mountain" territory here............... :o
Still, you're right. I really enjoyed the company and look forward to seeing as many folk as possible next year. And all being well I'll see Simon before that - not long to Bisley mate :D

Phil
philuk44

Post by philuk44 »

And I might just take you up on the offer to stay over - be good to down a few beers and check out your collection. 400 spydies was it??

Phil
UK KEN

Post by UK KEN »

philuk44 wrote:And I might just take you up on the offer to stay over - be good to down a few beers and check out your collection. 400 spydies was it??

Phil
Not quite that many! But who knows by our next meeting! ;)

Any time you're down this way call in!

Cheers, Ken
Rob

Post by Rob »

Sounds like you guys had a great time! If only tickets to the UK or Amsterdam weren't so expensive... :(

Now I'm eagerly awaiting Ted's pictures from the Amsterdam show! Indeed, such a thread is worthless without pics :D

Cheers, Rob
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

It sounds like you had a GREAT time!!! I wish I could have been there with you!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
philuk44

Post by philuk44 »

TKC
Yeah - it was a great day.
And you're gonna LOVE the Caly III............................ :D

Phil
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

philuk44 wrote: What with Simon's fondness for all things "cowboy" we're in danger of getting into "Brokeback Mountain" territory here............... :o

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

A great time was had by all! Have we got some fantastic Spydies coming our way! :cool:

Ken - Keep the kettle on for the "301" show and Phil, I'll be seeing you soon and hopefully, you won't have to borrow a hat!!
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
philuk44

Post by philuk44 »

Hi Simon
You're right, we have got some fantastic Spydies coming our way. And there are some fantastic Spydies which won't make it over here thanks to our rather ridiculous laws......................... :mad:

Anyway - I'll be thinking about you next weekend at the Cowboy shoot. Pity you can't make this one - you have got the list of dates haven't you? I'll e-mail you the entry form for the April shoot.

Well, reckon I'll be moseying into town tomorrow to find me a hat and maybe some nice chaps................ Ooops! Probably shouldn't have said that with Ken around. :D

Take care
Phil