302 Bench Stones...Who's using em?????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CKE

302 Bench Stones...Who's using em?????

Post by CKE »

Title says it. Been pndering these for a few weeks now. I love the 204 and I also use a Lansky for starting and reprofiling. I have an India coarse/fine stone but would like to add a good ceramic stone to the mix. I don't want to bother with Japanese water stones...too much trouble for the little I will use the bench stone.

If you have them what do you think about them???

Thanks guys/gals :)

Craig
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

They freakin rock, that's all I have to say. No mess, fine edge, a little slow to remove metal but, hey it leaves a NIICE edge
Native Justice

Post by Native Justice »

I've been using the double stuff pocket stones (303) in conjunction with the coarse/fine combo Norton stone and have taught myself to freehand with them. They put a terrific edge on a blade, just like the SM. I haven't found anything that will work as well AND last as long without grooving the stones.
JD Spydo

Got em> Like em

Post by JD Spydo »

I have all 3 of the 302 Benchstones. The medium, The Fine & the Ultra Fine. When you get a knife good and hair shaving sharp then take about 12 passes on each side with the ultra fine stone then brother you got what I call "Scary Sharp".

I have virtually every sharpening product that Spyderco has made in the last 7 years. But those Benchstones are special. Now I do use other Benchstones other than the Spyderco 302 stones. Quality with a capital Q fully describes the Spyderco 302 stones. If you want a ceramic stone I don't know of a better one on the market. :spyder:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
CKE

Post by CKE »

Thanks guys :)

Now to save up and order them

Craig
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

You won't be sorry. I have the medium and fine benchstones and they work very good. For putting a profile on it the first time you need something coarser to begin with though. Funny thing is that my Spydies allways get sharper then anything else.