Finally...C102 USER!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DAYWALKER

Finally...C102 USER!!!

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL,

Thanks to my KnifeBrother Scott, I am now the very, very, VERY proud owner of a #102, C102 :spyder: Dialex Adventura!!! I had played with my Forum 2005 Adventura from time to time, and resisted the temptation of placing it IWB or in pocket. :rolleyes:

Now, the question I know many are thinking is if I will stop carrying my Persian? The answer is yes. ONLY for a month or so simply for the same reason I began carrying the Persian: To find out about, and explore the lines of this fine Dialex design. Besides, that poor Persian has been through a lot...literally. She deserves a break. Sometimes I feel that because it is from Ed himself, now would be the time to GawkBox it, but nope...no can do. I got hooked on that C83! (Thanks again, Ed!)

I have attached a few pics of the C102 by Alex, and I am not sure where it was, if here or over at britishblades, but someone asked what good were the slots in the blade for? Well, I included a pic of a grip that I think Alex would use those slots for!!! So far, this is the only 50/50 choil :spyder: where my hand gets coaxed into using it! Others like my Native's, Dragonfly's, Caly's...I rarely use the choil. However, everytime I open the Adventura, it's like my hand HAS to go there! Neat Alex...ya gotta tell me how ya managed that one! :rolleyes: :)

Manipulation is great, and the only grip I am leary about is the reverse edge in grip. Otherwise, rightside up or upside down, it's all good.

Recurve blade. *Sigh*...a big weakness of mine. Like a Kiwi is to The Deac', a Native to UK KEN, SE to spydutch, Lil' Temps to #9 and pjrocco, tanto's to Mikewww, Opinel #1 to Ted, road rage to Wouter :p , BMX to raven, etc...I just love recurves, and I blame this on an early influence caused by the Brend, CS Vaquero's, and the "perfect" BM: The Pinnacle.

According to Scott, the Adventura was used daily for months before he sent it. I must admit, it is in top shape, and I layed the edge on my 701 set and the #102, C102, is in fact, scary again. I cannot thank you enough for this Scott...this C102 is VERY special to me as I saw it go from CAD, to reality. More special are the moments in between that Alex and I shared about this Adventura, aka Raptor. ;)

Anyway, so as of Feb. 01-06, this will be my ONE...well, accompanied by a runt of a knife called the SF of course. Again, and again, mahalo Scott, mahalo :spyder: , and great design knifebrother Alex! Now, pretty soon, God willing, I too, will have a "C#" like you. ;)

God bless, thanks for reading, and uh...let's hear more about the C102!
Chad :cool:
Attachments
Alex&me.jpg
Alex&me.jpg (52.66 KiB) Viewed 968 times
C102User1.jpg
C102User1.jpg (41.33 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
C102User3.jpg
C102User3.jpg (47.08 KiB) Viewed 959 times
C102User4.jpg
C102User4.jpg (34.1 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
C102User2.jpg
C102User2.jpg (50.9 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
WORKER#9

It is an awesome knife!

Post by WORKER#9 »

Cool post! I have yet to carry mine. But one of my forum models will go into the pocket! Maybe today :rolleyes: !

Cool pics!
BlackNinja

Post by BlackNinja »

Thanks for the pics and review, Chad! I agree 100% with you on the choil! Great design.

Hope you're feeling better!

Joe
Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh;
Let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones;
Let him fracture your bones and you take his life!
-Bruce Lee-
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Joe
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

Congrats on the Adventura Chad, and thank you Scott for being such a cool person this forum is such a great place :) I can't wait to hear about your carry experience, have fun with it!
ront

Post by ront »

Great post Chad. People helping out other people here is sure another reason why this is the best forum on the net. The Adventura is a great knife. I would not mind a user someday also. I just have never bought anything as part of a forum anything, so I have a hard time using it. I don't want to mess it up. Glad you got another one.

Ron
deeker

Post by deeker »

That is a good looking knife, for sure. The more I see it, the better it looks.

Glad you were able to get your hands on one! Congratulations to both the owner and the one who made it available.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

DAYWALKER wrote:road rage to Wouter :p
Road rage?!!! they cut me off, they deserve what they got. :p

Seriously though, nice to see you got a user. I am amazed that you even managed to put the forum edition. You are not the kind of guy to 'not (ab)use' a good knife! I'm not a big recurve man myself, give me a leaf shape blade and I'm happy. Enjoy the heck out of that user ok?

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
raven

Post by raven »

Hey Chad My Brother, CONGRATS On the Acquisition of Your Adventura User. I can't say enough about this spydie. Still my EDC, hasn't let me down. Still Slicing and Dicing. This is such a Sturdy Knife. You won't believe the capabilities of this spydie. Very Versatile :D :D , and the recurve blade........well, I'll let you EXPERIMENT. SWEEEEEET PIX BRO, Especially the last one, THAT IS CLASSIC........"DIALEX AND CLB" ;) :cool: ;) . TRUE CLASS THERE BRO............TRUE CLASS. Take Care Bro and Be Safe. Prayers Sent for You and Yours Always.

Scott, Awsome Gesture Bro. Hats Off to You. :)

God Bless and 360IJN :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

I can't remember exactly how long I used it, because I have no sense of time, but it was used from the time I received it(First week of November last year), until I got my ironwood Persian(Mid January). Two months give or take a week or two? :confused:

No matter what I did to it, it still didn't shown any signs of being used, and I tried, it's hard for me to really USE a blade until it gets scratched up.

Glad to see you're enjoying the Adventura bro :cool: It's a great blade, especially with that lucky number :p

***Editted to say I see you still haven't changed the clip yet ;) It's still LH TU***
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
Woody

Post by Woody »

Hey Chad… I could not agree with you any more… It is hard to use the C102 Forum knife… I too need to acquire a user Advenura… :o I have only carried my Advenrura Forum a couple times and that was to work (suit and tie job) and to church on Sunday…. The feel, balance and design of the Adventura is outstanding…

May have to wait a while to track one down... Wife just put me on another Spydie hold... :p She is telling me I am out of control again... :eek: I say HA :rolleyes: When the USPS delivered my Spydie Mouse today she said, See I told you you were out of control... Oh well... At least I finally tracked down the CX11P I have been searching for...... :D Thanks to ColdFusion..... BTW.... Wife said if I ask for forgiveness one more time this month she is going to toss me out....... And the bummer... It is only the first of February... :(

Great post Chad…..
Attachments
P2010006.JPG
P2010006.JPG (64.33 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Easer to ask for forgiveness than permission…. :p
Slvgx

Post by Slvgx »

Good post Chad, I especially like the last picture with yours and his together.
ASA NISI MASA
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Congrats Chad :cool:

Now enjoy that knife to the fullest ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Chad, thanks for the most kind words and the great pics and review. I am glad that you like the knife. Unfortunately, the reversed grip with the edge inwards is not supposed to work here. I don't know much about Pikal and besides, the "Pickle" should come out soon ;)
Thanks everyone for the favorable comments. I'm looking forward to hear some negative ones too. :o

BTW Woody, there's a nice Mouse you got there, enjoy it.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

[quote="dialex"]Hi Chad, thanks for the most kind words and the great pics and review. I am glad that you like the knife. Unfortunately, the reversed grip with the edge inwards is not supposed to work here. I don't know much about Pikal and besides, the "Pickle" should come out soon ]

Negative? It doesn't come fully serrated :mad:

Furthermore I like the design but the lack of serrations held me back buying it.

Besides that it remains a fine design ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p

Post by 224477 »

Chad, I am glad that you enjoy the C102! Dont cut your fingers LOL! :D
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
dialex

Post by dialex »

[quote="spydutch"]Negative? It doesn't come fully serrated :mad:

Furthermore I like the design but the lack of serrations held me back buying it.

Besides that it remains a fine design ]

You're gonna laugh, but I was so spoiled with serrations with my previous EDC (Delica) that I'd love a SE Adventura myself. I think it would look a bit odd (can you imagine a recurved fully serrated :eek: ) but I'm sure it would perform well. In my experience, I got the best results with a SE blade with a bit of belly, so I think the Adventura would qualify. :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

Congrats on the adventura Daywalker. That is one fine looking knife. I must say that s.s. model is really has my attention because all of the apprehensions, I had for s.s. seems to be answered with this model. Solid purchase in the hand with the choil. Great pictures! You guys never really cease to amaze me with your acts of kindness to one another! Take care D.W. and I hope you are healing nicely, I prayed for nothing less than 100% my Spyder brother.
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Congrats on the knife Chad, and thanks for the review and pics. I also liked that last one. Sharp :cool: .

Take care of yourself and I also am praying for 100% healing.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL,

Mahalo for reading. I even attracted the legendary Alex himself! ;)

Today, the 102 got used a LOT...had to clear up some areas in the house of empty boxes and clutter. Man, that thing just kept cutting and cutting...I accidentally hit a HUGE industrial staple... :eek: No damage, thank God. The edge held up nicely, and man is it fun to use recurves! Especially one designed by Alexandru the Great! (Sorry knifebrother, last time! :o )

I like the slots in the handle, they really improve retention. Still, I cannot get away from the fact that my hand just "glides" into using that choil! What sort of "techie Romanian magic" is this? Well, whatever the reason, I had no concerns of my hand slipping onto the blade.

Anyway, again, great job to Spyderco and Alex...I often found myself daydreaming and remembering "when"...this is such a trip, and I have said it a bazillion times...I am SO very proud of you Alex.

Thanks again Scott, and BTW, I did change the clip over to RH. :o :p

God bless and more to follow,
:cool:

PS: Thanks stonyman and ghostrider...about my injury...something strange happened... :confused: :eek:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

DAYWALKER wrote:Thanks again Scott, and BTW, I did change the clip over to RH. :o :p
It's your knife now bro ;)

I do hope you still kept it tip up though :p
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-