Let's see your "beater" Spydies...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
flipe8

Let's see your "beater" Spydies...

Post by flipe8 »

I was going through some older threads and came across a pic of a Dragonfly in well-used condition(I think it was Vampyrewolf's) and it made me wonder just how well-used are some of the forumites' Spydies out there? I must confess that mine are all quite new and are in pretty good shape(quick turnover will do that :o ), but I'm no longer getting rid of one knife to get another. In time, I expect to see one or more of my knives to look well-worn.
In the meantime, however, does anyone want to show their "beater"?
Slvgx

Post by Slvgx »

I know Ted's got a good one, none of mine look well worn because I don't just use one knife, I pass the abuse around :D
ASA NISI MASA
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

My Lil' Temp is probably the worst. The blade has a couple scratches and the G10 is as smooth as a baby's bottom. As Slvgx said, I rotate my knives so much they all show slight wear.

Rock
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

yep, that was my dragonfly beat to **** and back over 4yrs of abuse. Only lost 1/4" of blade over the 4yrs though. Doesn't look like much with the reground tip until you compare to a new one.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Since I rotate my knives a lot, they don't get too dinged up. But here they come:

Scorpius: I polished the handle recently to remove the scratches and make it a little less slippery(got scratches again though :eek: :D ).

Salt I (yeah I know Zen, PE :( ): used for kitchen duty only, blade scratched up

Cricket: from hanging on my key ring for some time now.
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Zwaplat

Post by Zwaplat »

My Delica II's got quite a few scratches on the handle, can't show any pics. They're not deep, but you can see it hasn't been sitting in a drawer. I also once used a Scotchbrite pad to clean the blade, which wasn't very bright of me (teehee, a wordplay :rolleyes: ). I scratched the blade a little doing that, but all in all, my knife still is in very good condition.
Help science, join Folding@Home !
recoil

Post by recoil »

While technically it's not really a Spyderco, Here is a pic of my beater Ramco:

dave
Attachments
ramco blade.JPG
ramco blade.JPG (44.29 KiB) Viewed 6183 times
CopilotATS-55

Post by CopilotATS-55 »

wow recoil that thing is beat up :D
Kyle Decker wasn't here !!! :D :eek:

"Avatar by Dialex
REMEMBER
SFC SHUGART & MSG GORDON

Im still here, just busy being a Senior!!! :D
PNXC

PN
Wrestling

Never Forget 9/11

VMI
10'+3
Slvgx

Post by Slvgx »

Wow! Surprised to see that beat up so much, and a collector's piece even! Awesome though!
ASA NISI MASA
Ted

Post by Ted »

Here's my BoB T

I used to have a good pic of my cricket which has been edc'ed for years, but can't find it right now.
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

My beaters...not sure the pics will show the "damage" though..
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
recoil

Post by recoil »

I have had to re-blast the handle of this aluminum police 3 times already.

dave
Attachments
HPIM0787.JPG
HPIM0787.JPG (72.28 KiB) Viewed 6052 times
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Here are pics of my main two beaters, Delica and Military. I also included my first Spyderco, a serrated Police model that I traded for a Worker many years ago. We just recently traded back. The G-10 handles on the Military are getting worn smooth, as is the handle on the Delica. Both are still scary sharp though. The Police model was used hard, and is in need of some Spyderco TLC.
Attachments
police.jpg
police.jpg (31.27 KiB) Viewed 4938 times
delica.jpg
delica.jpg (28.46 KiB) Viewed 5022 times
military.jpg
military.jpg (28.35 KiB) Viewed 5003 times
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
JLannoo

Post by JLannoo »

I am at the mercy of my iSight for pictures LOL my camera is worse. Here are the two I carry at work everyday :) . They have plenty of wear. In fact the lock is pretty much gone on the Spyderench.

flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

I'm trying to post a pic or two...
They're far from beaters, but you have to start somewhere."IF" I can get a pic onto the computer, I'll be happy :confused: . Then, maybe I can actually start to try to improve on the photos...
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

OK! Now I'm on the right road anyways! :)
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Wow if that's your idea of wear..my P-Millie is shot.. (but it cuts, due to the reprofile job spyken gave it)
westfork

Post by westfork »

Here is my native that has received its share of abuse around the farm the last few years. It is my primary cattle feeding knife - stabbed into the 1400# hay bales to cut twine and to pry out the twine frozen into the bales. Misplaced several times when it was placed on the tractor fender and fell off. Ground into the manure by the tractor tires. My wife found it for me twice when I had given it up for lost. It is strong - It has been abused several times by using the spyderhole to twist high tensile fence wire when the appropriate tools were a half mile away. And of course the obligatory digging in the soil to check seed germination, hacking on branches, light hoof trimming, and a thousand other uses. When sharpened back up it is as good as new, Spydercos are built to last. My going to town edc is a Lil'T, but it looks new.
Attachments
3062 Worn Native.JPG
3062 Worn Native.JPG (55.73 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

pics have been up a few hundred times, I'll have to take new ones after the last year of abuse on top of this. Aug 2001, 24/7 carry :p I could take pics of the OTHER users too... my bush toy is well beat up, can't clip for left hand carry on my endura, and my leavitt twins are more than scratched up(soon have NEW twins coming, CKE customs)... never mind my customized CS ti-lite or beater tanto. ****, I even chipped the front tooth off my dyad jr micarta :eek:

you don't wanna KNOW what I've cut/done with this sucker... it'd make W&R curl up in a corner. I'm using it till it dies, W&R would either cringe or laugh if they got it.

Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

I really like the look of that Dragonfly. It reminds me an old ball cap. The Native before is also quite well "worn in" as well.