New to The Forum

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
stonyman

New to The Forum

Post by stonyman »

This is my first post on the forum. I must say that I have monitored this forum for awhile and just enjoyed the information about Spyderco. It was not until I purchased my first Spyderco about five months ago, of all knives a Gunting! It has been my EDC folder since I bought it. Before this it was a C.S. folder that I used during police and E.P. duty for 3yrs. I think I am now Spyder-webbed to say the least. My next Spyderco will be the Karambit blade. Yeah the hawkbill with a finger ring. Hello again to everyone in Spyderland!
Hannibal Lecter

Welcome...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Dear Friend,

I trust you will enjoy your stay here. Warmest regards!

------------------------
Dr. Hannibal Lecter, M.D.
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

Welcome!! I hope you enjoy your stay here! Take off your coat, stay awhile, and have a cup o joe. Just don't put your feet up on the coffee table with your shoes on. And please use a coaster. Relax and enjoy.
BlackNinja

Post by BlackNinja »

Welcome to the forum, stonyman! Enjoy your stay.
Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh;
Let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones;
Let him fracture your bones and you take his life!
-Bruce Lee-
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Joe
ken

Post by ken »

Welcome Stonyman-

A police officer huh! Well there are a few other of your brothers out here.
Now I would think you would have gotten the Police model but you like those SD knives.

enyoy the forums,
ken
ken
raven

Post by raven »

Hello stonyman, Welcome aboard brother. You'll enjoy your stay, awsome members here. I see you've gotten your "addiction" started. There will be many more to come. Take Care. BTW, I am also a Fellow Officer. :cool:

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
NorthShore

Post by NorthShore »

Welcome Stonyman :cool:
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

Welcome to the forum, Stonyman! :)
Woody

Post by Woody »

Welcome to the Forum there my friend... Be ready to open your wallet and be ready for a ride.... LOL... It is very addictive.... Enjoy your time here... I sure have... Good bunch of folks here.... :cool:
Easer to ask for forgiveness than permission…. :p
mikewww

Post by mikewww »

Hello Stoneyman, and welcome to the Forum ! If you are anything like the rest of us, soon your eyes will be glazed, your palms sweaty and your credit card vibrating in your pocket. Yes, you will then be a Spyderholic !! The cure, which is only temporary, is to buy another :spyder: ! But enjoy your stay here with us knuts !!!

Regards

Mike
Tank

Post by Tank »

Hi Stoneyman welcome to the forum.
-John
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Started with a Gunting eh? Good taste. Welcome...if you wipe your feet first you can put them on my coffee table... :p
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Welcome, enjoy
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." -- my grandfather
Collector #041
ront

Post by ront »

Welcome to the forums Stonyman. Started with a Gunting huh. I recently picked up a Gunting. Awesome knife. Now I want to take some classes that really teach me how to use it. There is a guy here in Spokane that is pretty good with it.
Hope you have a great time here Stonyman! We like pictures of all your Spyders :) .

Ron
swissknife
Location: beautiful switzerland with not so ugly knive-laws anymore.. ;)

Post by swissknife »

hi stonyman and welcome to the forums!! enjoy and get a second job.. :D :cool:

just as well beeing a newbie, i am thinking maybe i should start a thread like that..
stonyman

New to the Forum

Post by stonyman »

Hello again and I want to give my warmest regards to everyone. I am currently a police instructor at some of the area academies here and teach weapons and tactics through my training business. Some of my students were from my private group kept asking me about Spyderco knives while going through edged weapon training with me. Well I like to at least give an unbiased opinion so what do I do, go get a Spyderco and the rest is.... Yeah I hope business flourishes because I see myself purchasing and recommending Spyderco products in the future. Did I say I was getting a Karambit and what about that Pickle and oh what about that Military. Oh guys this is embarrassing!!! Ha
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

stonyman wrote:It was not until I purchased my first Spyderco about five months ago, of all knives a Gunting!
You and I will get along nicely :D

Welcome to the forum, don't worry about wiping your feet. zenheretic likes mud on his coffee table :cool:
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
raven

Post by raven »

Hey stonyman, I am also a Self Defense/Arrest Control Instructor at our Police Academy here. I think it is a matter of preference as far as the :spyder: s go. I would suggest one that has an MBC(Martial Blade Craft) rated lock/compression lock. Most of the spydies that have an MBC rated lock are used for Self Defense, and are easy carry. This is what I suggest to my students when they ask about the spydies. They all have their pros and cons from a personal preference point of view. I also know of some agencies that do edged weapon training, that is designed for the specific use of the Delica and Endura. I can't remember who does the training though. If you would like to know, I can do some research and see what I find out. My suggestion, If you are like me, you get to know your students, and know what they like. So, get a couple for them to try out that you think they would be comfortable with, and go from there. Take Care, and watch your 6 brother.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum. Enjoy your stay here and congratulations on your fine Gunting. The perfect companion for a police officer :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Welcome to the forums, you'll love the Kerambit, very sure strong lock and a wicked design! :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai