Speaking of UK Pen knives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
greencobra

Speaking of UK Pen knives

Post by greencobra »

my buddy is going home to the UK for the holiday. I've given him money to pick up a couple of these pen knives for me. Now he's not going to London this trip but spending time in Yorkshire and Wales. New Years will be in Amsterdam. The big question is, anyone know where he can find the Pen knife in those areas? Do most well stocked knife shops stock it?
jon shannow

Post by jon shannow »

from my experiance and i have worked all over the UK good and well stocked knife shops are not common
you guys in the US are lucky in that regard
but your in luck if your friend is going to wales then one of the better ones heinnie haynes (and he has UK penknives in stock as far as i know)
is in wales just south of cardiff
heres the site with the address

http://www.heinnie.com/cgi-bin/heinnie_ ... _store.cgi
Heinnie Haynes
Unit 210 Vale Enterprise Centre
Sully
Penarth
CF64 5SY
United Kingdom
0870 740 7070

now i have never delt with him but loads of guys on the british blades site have and i have never read a bad word
it may not be the easyiest to find but it will probaly be your best bet enless someone else knows some where better ??
the price is even reasonable for that knife as well :rolleyes:
take care
:spyder:
better to have a knife and not need it
than to need a knife and not have it
philuk44

Post by philuk44 »

Greencobra
As Jon says, Heinnie's are good to deal with. The other option would be Joe at Extreme Outdoor Gear, also based in Wales:

http://www.extremeoutdoorgear.co.uk/

Depends when your buddy's going to be here - according to their website they're closed over the holidays. Probably worth an email though.

Good luck in finding a UKPK. It's a really sweet little piece - you'll like it! :D

Phil
Old Ross

Post by Old Ross »

I've dealt with heinnie haynes for a number of years and they could not be more helpful. Try e-mailing Linda with your friends route/stopping places I'm sure she will help. I've also prchased from Joe @ extreme outdoors, again he seems to be a helpful guy.
Tempest UK

Post by Tempest UK »

Heinnie Hayes will serve you well. I can't comment on picking up the knife in a shop (I've never seen a shop in Britian stocking anythign more than a couple of Leatherman models and the mandatory display of SAKs :( ), however I'm sure if your friend puts in an order it will arrive easily in time to get it back to you, they're very quick, mine arrived the very next day (though I did order fairly early in the morning).

Good luck, I hope you get the chance to use use one as they are superb knives :)

Regards,
Tempest
tomtom

Post by tomtom »

I got mine from heinnie before anyone else got it in stock, with heinnie you pay top wak price for top class service but with the strength of the pound against the dollare if your planning on buying from the states you may want to look else ware.. EOG has been mentioned and is cheapest but http://www.outdoorcode.com/ is doing them for £50.95 and only £1 postage over the christmas period, so he may work out cheaper when delivery to where ever your buddy is staying is factored in, i have had serivce from Andrew at ODC just as good, if not better that that i got from heinnie haynes!

:spyder:
Senate

Post by Senate »

our dutch friends always refer to a very good shop in Amsterdam, the Old Man or something like that... He might have a chance to get one there I think or a at least a DKPK, but UKPK would be better.
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978