Amsterdam "gathering" - UK interest?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Amsterdam "gathering" - UK interest?

Post by sal »

We're beginning to firm up the Spyderco Amsterdam "Gathering". I believe that Jur has located a site. Thanx Jur, appreciate the effort.

Based on coordinating dates for the IWA show, It looks like Sunday, March 5th would be the best for us.

So, first, is there enough interest in meeting, to make the arrangements?

2nd, what would be an enjoyable format and agenda?

3rd, is there anything you would like to see or discuss in particular.

There has also been some discussion about having a similar "gathering" in the UK as well. Some research has been done and if there is enough interest, Leeds has been suggested. Leeds is close enough to an airport and close enough to visit our distributor, Edgar Bros, and do both without an extra day flying.

We would try to meet in Leeds on Friday, the 3rd of March.

The same questions would apply.

sal
The General

Post by The General »

Sal I will rally the troops! See what I can do. Plus I have an idea for a new knife design... ;)
My real name is Wayne :D
The General

Post by The General »

Sal, the guys are having a meet at the Leeds armoury on the 5th of March. Any chance of changing the Amsterdam date? There will already be a LOT of us there and if the Spyderco gang can make 5th March there will prolly be a lot more! :D
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Count me in! :D

Oh happy days! No specific agenda..........just lots of sharp things!! :D :D
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
The General

Post by The General »

Sal, don't shake this guys hand!!!!!!!! :eek: ;) :D
UK KEN

Leeds Meeting

Post by UK KEN »

Yeeeee Haaaa!

Great news! If the 5th is OK for the Spyderco team I'll be there. As I live in Leeds I am prepared to help in any way I can, taxis, maps, directions........... I had some ideas of my own for the Royal Armouries meeting but as they British Blades lads have already made their arrangements we are sorted.

If the 5th is not an option please let me know ASAP and I can sort things out for the 3rd. :D

Anyone who wants to come along to my place to drink my beer, eat my food and see my collection is more than welcome. :D

Cheers, Ken
Ted

Post by Ted »

UK KEN wrote:Yeeeee Haaaa!

Great news! If the 5th is OK for the Spyderco team I'll be there. As I live in Leeds I am prepared to help in any way I can, taxis, maps, directions........... I had some ideas of my own for the Royal Armouries meeting but as they British Blades lads have already made their arrangements we are sorted.

Anyone who wants to come along to my place to drink my beer, eat my food and see my collection is more than welcome. :D

Cheers, Ken
If I understand correctly, it will be Leeds on the 3rd, and Amsterdam on the 5th.
Damage1978

Post by Damage1978 »

Simon G wrote:Count me in! :D

Oh happy days! No specific agenda..........just lots of sharp things!! :D :D
DITTO.
:D :D :D
Dan
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Gerard Breuker

Post by Gerard Breuker »

Somehow I feel our friends from the UK are trying to steal our date and the Dutch forumites are playing dumb.

AMSTERDAM MARCH 5TH sounds fine to me.

No special agenda although I am willing to participate in any special :spyder: activities.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Gerard Breuker wrote:Somehow I feel our friends from the UK are trying to steal our date and the Dutch forumites are playing dumb.

No special agenda although I am willing to participate in any special :spyder: activities.
I think arrangements have already been made for a location in A'Dam on the 5th...
UK KEN

Oh, no!

Post by UK KEN »

Gerard Breuker wrote:Somehow I feel our friends from the UK are trying to steal our date and the Dutch forumites are playing dumb.

Gerard

Are you being serious?

Ken
Tempest UK

Post by Tempest UK »

I only wish I could attend. Whilst I have only now joined this forum, I am a long time lurker and Spyderco enthusiast. Sadly free saturdays are hard to come by, and Leeds too far out of my way, but I wish you all the best possible time.

Regards,
Tempest
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I'll be there.

This will be my very first knife show.
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
philuk44

Post by philuk44 »

Yes Sal, count me in :)

Quote from the General: Sal, don't shake this guys hand!!!!!!!!
Ain't that the truth!! :eek:

Really hope we can pull this together. It'd be awesome to meet the crew and some of the UK based forumites.

Phil
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Things are well underway to organize an Amsterdam meeting on the 5th of March, location and everything else... Perhaps a mix up on dates is going on?

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

UK KEN wrote:Anyone who wants to come along to my place to drink my beer, eat my food and see my collection is more than welcome. :D

Cheers, Ken
Ken,

How much floor space you got? :D Enough for a young lad with his sleeping bag!! :p
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Phil and Wayne! Ah come on lads, my wife has a stronger handshake than me!! ;)

ruxton

Post by ruxton »

Ha excellent, count me in for the Leeds one I'll try to make the Amsterdam one too, great place... Will be my first knife show! Do I get to see some prototypes? :p
UK KEN

Any time!

Post by UK KEN »

Simon

No problem! See BB!

Ken
J D Wijbenga

Post by J D Wijbenga »

Amsterdam meeting sounds great! Date is fine with me.

JD