Is the a knife shop in the San Francisco bay area?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DanS

Is the a knife shop in the San Francisco bay area?

Post by DanS »

Just what the title reads...

Are there any knife shops in the bay area? I don't know of places that have a variety of knives, especially spydercos. Usually I only see delicas, dragonflies, and ladybugs.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Stevens Creek Surplus 3449 Stevens Creek Blvd... San Jose... Large selection of :spyder: and others... However they try to get full retal on them... Also there is a place in Burlkey... Can't think of the name of the shop... something like razors and knives... Just off highway 24 going east from I 880 take 51st street go right to the second light and make a right... on the left about 2-3 blocks sown.. Very large selection of high end knives... they (ol pops) will also work on the prices.. I travel a lot and get into the Bay area a lot and hit both stores every time I'm out there....

Hope this helps.....
DanS

Post by DanS »

I'd really like to know the name of the second place so I can give 'em a call to find out their hours.

Thanks a lot for the info. I'm gonna check it out for sure.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Pretty sure it is Razors and knives... Found em in the yellow pages out there... I think I have there buisness card in my desk at work... I will check and post if I find it...
DanS

Post by DanS »

AHHHH, maybe its EDC knives that you're talking about?
naggalowmo

Post by naggalowmo »

i believe there is one on Pier 39. sorry i dont know the name. i saw it once there. didnt even get to go in and check it out :mad:
"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you're not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
druid

Post by druid »

http://66.113.178.251/dealers/index.php ... y=BERKELEY If it is the store I'm thinking of it dosen,t have all that much thoue.
why
DanS

Post by DanS »

Yeah, I've been there before. They don't have much in the way of spyderco, but they do have some great outdoor gear.

I might have to check out the place on pier 39 (we be knives) , they look like they have quite a selection!
Tank

Post by Tank »

Stevens Creek surplus as a good variety of spydies. Also a store called King of knives at the Westfield Valleyfair shopping Mall has a large selection. Only thing with them is your going to Pay MSRP. But its nice to go and handle them.
-John
hawkbill

Post by hawkbill »

Gee, do they still ALLOW knives in San Fran??? I would expect that they will be the next item up for ban.

"Chef knives...okay, but really.....what do civilized sheeple need with a knife in their pocket... just a tragedy waiting to happen...."

After this, they might want to go after the evil SUV's for sucking too much gas and being offensively big.

rant mode off.
I am what I am, and that's all that I am. Popeye
DanS

Post by DanS »

I'm not an expert, but I don't think california knife laws are any more conservative than most states.

I also don't have any problem with green legislation. Its quite a bit nicer here than it was in Houston actually.
Woody

Post by Woody »

OK, DanS try this... I can't find there card but I think I found it in the yellow pages that I have from out there.... The Cutlery Shop 4930 Telegraph Ave. 510-655-8742... I will be out there in two weeks and plan on hitting them again... I like to wheel and deal with the ol fellow in there... He has a good selection of Spydies...
DanS

Post by DanS »

Great, I'm gonna check it out today.
argyll

San Francisco Area Spyderco sources

Post by argyll »

The place you guys are talking about is called The Shaver & Cutlery Shop, as Woody said its located at 4930 Telegraph Ave, which is in Oakland near the intersection with 51st Street. They have some funky hours on the weekend, so call if you are going then. Excellent selection of production knives, but the prices are only OK. Other San Francisco Bay area knife stores are We Be Knives at Pier 39 (great for window shopping, absolutely amazing assortment, but awful prices), Sonoma Cutlery in Walnut Creek (pretty good selection and nice folks), and Triple Aught Design in San Francisco (best for high-end custom knives).

If anyone knows of any other serious knife stores in the area, I'd love to hear about them.

Best regards

Argyll
Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit -- Ovid (He who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow)
Woody

Post by Woody »

Thanks for the added information there Argyll... I will have to check out Sonoma Cutlery when I am out there next week... Always looking for a new store when I'm on the road...
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

I don't know if they're still there, but Edge of the World in Brentwood was a pretty good store (full retail, but good selection and good people).
argyll

Post by argyll »

dsvirsky wrote:I don't know if they're still there, but Edge of the World in Brentwood was a pretty good store (full retail, but good selection and good people).
I don't know if they are still in business, but I remember when they used to be at Jack London Village in Oakland in the 80's. That was a knife store! :)

Bought all my knives from them back then, including my first :spyder: .

Best regards,

Argyll
Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit -- Ovid (He who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow)