do you ever not carry

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
druid

Do you ever not carry?

Post by druid »

When if ever do not carry, is there anyone anyone at all who collect spiderco knives and is not carry at least occasionally. And is willing to admit it. The carry when you're sleeping the knife tucked into your waistband or left on the bedstand are often leave the knife on the bedstand. You carry a neck knife in the shower. The carry at family events were cutting will most likely not be necessary such as Thanksgiving. Would you carry fewer driving to the federal building or similar building or carrying a knife is forgotten and you're driving directly back home. You carry around the house. You carry a knife when wearing pajamas. Just curious.
why
druid

do you ever not carry

Post by druid »

Is there anyone who collects and does not carry. Do you wear a neck knife when you sleep or possibly tucked into your pajamas. Do you keep a folder by your bedside. You carry when kicking around the house. do you carry in your pajamas. Do you carry a neck knife taking a shower. Please do not feel obligated to answer these questions if they do not sound appropriate, just a list of the few extreme examples.
why
PSU

Post by PSU »

A neck knife in the shower :eek: hahahaha. Can anyone honestly tell me that they do such a thing!? The only shower that would necessitate a knife is a prison shower.

I carry at least one of my Spydies almost all of the time. The only time I do not carry one is when I am prohibited by 'the man' from doing so :rolleyes: . Such as going into a federal building, airports, some clubs & concert venues with metal detectors....

Other than those places, I will probably have a :spyder: with me.

Tom
d.g.g

Post by d.g.g »

I have a Green serrated ladybug on my keychain so I rarely am not carrying a cutter. And this is a great little cutter. I never plan on using it but do so all the time it seems. It is one of the best edge holders I have. I thought with a small blade it would require more frequent sharpening than it does.

It is a very useful $20+/- knife.

http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=69
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

I don't carry when I go into Federal buildings or airplanes, everywhere else I travel eqiuped! I carry to Church too, which some people may not feel is appropriate, but I see nothing wrong with it.
startat2

Post by startat2 »

Cold Steel Delta Dart for my shower rack ;) . I got caught with out my knife once and really regreted it. I had just ran through some sprinklers with my girlfriend (of course empting my pocket in my car) and then we took her car to some house she was watching. Well her mom called her to make sure everything was ok (and there were no boyz around hehe) and everything seemd fine. Next thing i know mama was at the front door and i was running out the back over a fence. I ran through the alley and it was like a classic prison run with dogs barking and stuff. So i ran until i ended up at a closed subway ( its about 1 am) and search my pockets for what i got. My keys and a photon and it is all i got in my soaked clothes :( so while im looking at my photon im accosted by a drunk bumb. I got a lil rough, and when he fell to the ground I once again started my run. Well about 4 miles later and after running across I-40 ( on a bridge thank god) i make it to my house. I grabbed my knife and my surefire from my camaro's glove box and vowed to never be caught with my pants down again ;)
Still waiting for the ZDP Delica...
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

Only time I don't carry is when I'm at home, because the EDC knife is unclipped and left on the shelf, in favor of the "relaxation" knife I just play with.

Of course, in my house, theres always a knife with 5 feet of whereever I am. I leave stuff strategically placed all over the house, and concealed.

I'm such a paranoid person ;)
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
Hannibal Lecter

Always...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

Dear Friends,

Unless I am completely devoid of clothing you can safely assume I have at least one knife on my person.

Now that I think of it, I wouldn't bet against it even then. :D

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
TurnerIII

Post by TurnerIII »

Have you seen my kids?!? You bet I carry at home!! :D

Actually I was running late the other day and forgot my edc. Almost had a mild panic attack! :eek: The whole morning I felt like I left my right arm at home. Had to go home at lunch and pick one up and I instantly felt better. Although I did have a Rescue in the car - just am not able to carry that into work.

So yes I carry a knife all the time - largly because I cant/am not allowed to carry a gun all the time! ;)
skcusloa

Post by skcusloa »

Only time without a :spyder: : The court house (leave it in the car), and the shower (leave it on the bathroom counter) . When I sleep there are 2 rifles (one with a bayonet) and my military within arms length.
snuffaluff

Post by snuffaluff »

Hannibal Lecter wrote:Dear Friends,

Unless I am completely devoid of clothing you can safely assume I have at least one knife on my person.

Now that I think of it, I wouldn't bet against it even then. :D

--------
Hannibal
aahhh yes my good Dr. Do they make a clip for that?

I havn't carried in months. Lost my endura in a field and don't own anything else other than some tiny lil' old timers and such. Just don't like to carry them kind much. Just waitin' for that Native Black money to come in... :D
thom lambert

Post by thom lambert »

PSU wrote:A neck knife in the shower :eek: hahahaha. Can anyone honestly tell me that they do such a thing!? The only shower that would necessitate a knife is a prison shower.

Tom
Wait til VW chimes in ;)
charlie

Post by charlie »

Yes, there is a Spyderco clipped to my riight front pocket at all my waking moments. Bedtime no knife, but the 9 mm Beretta is in the nightstand drawer.
Exceptions; airports & airplanes (not by choice). :)
:spyder: Collector #047
C.P. Adams Jr.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

rarly but sometimes I dont, like if I am in a puiblic school or place like that. I dont.
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

Always have one in my pants pocket unless, as others have stated, I'm flying or in the shower.
Hannibal Lecter

Maybe...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Dear Friend,
snuffaluff wrote:aahhh yes my good Dr. Do they make a clip for that?
It is a proprietary design, patent pending... :D

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
steeldust

Post by steeldust »

No knife in the shower. But I always carry at least two, lately 3.Much tiddier to open letters and packages with a knife than my Glock! :p I have been trying out fixed blades for EDC, which is why I carry three lately. Don't sleep with a knife. I prefer my 1911! :D
JD Spydo

Why not!!!!!

Post by JD Spydo »

Axlis wrote:I don't carry when I go into Federal buildings or airplanes, everywhere else I travel eqiuped! I carry to Church too, which some people may not feel is appropriate, but I see nothing wrong with it.
Hey Axlis why do you think it is inappropriate to carry a knife in Church? I know that if the GOOD LORD were still walking the earth today he would be carrying a C-44 big Dyad. I know that for sure because that's what he's got me carrying. I mean absolutely no disrespect to no one of any faith by saying that either. These great blades are a work of art inspired by GOD in my opinion. So why wouldn't he want you to be proud of it :) It's only a tool my friend>>> He trusts you with it ;) :spyder:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
markg

Post by markg »

Axlis wrote:I don't carry when I go into Federal buildings or airplanes, everywhere else I travel eqiuped! I carry to Church too, which some people may not feel is appropriate, but I see nothing wrong with it.
OK, as a pastor of a church... I will simply tell you this...

I have a Spyderco Cricket everyday in church. I preach with a Benchmade 960. I have been known to go to meetings with a butterfly knife in my back pocket. Sometimes those church meetings can get out of hand!

I have even carried my Spyderco Karambit to "work!"

I am careful with knives in the normal places (govt. buildings, and such). Also if I have to get kids at school. I make sure I don't have anything too big on me.

I go nuts if I forget a knife, however...
Titus

Post by Titus »

markg wrote:OK, as a pastor of a church... I will simply tell you this...

I have a Spyderco Cricket everyday in church. I preach with a Benchmade 960. I have been known to go to meetings with a butterfly knife in my back pocket. Sometimes those church meetings can get out of hand!

I have even carried my Spyderco Karambit to "work!"

I am careful with knives in the normal places (govt. buildings, and such). Also if I have to get kids at school. I make sure I don't have anything too big on me.

I go nuts if I forget a knife, however...
What happens when the people in the front row aren't paying attention? :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: