Standard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
col132

Standard

Post by col132 »

Can anyone give me any information on the Spyderco Standard model. I understand that this model was first brought out to combat knock-offs. I picked one up today that has G-10 handles and an ATS-55 blade, all of which seems to form a "slim" Delica for a lack of a better description. Where does this fall into the Spyderco line? Obviously, this is not a low end knife, with the G-10 and ATS-55. Any information would be appreciated.
col132

Post by col132 »

Hmmmmm.....Spyderco Forum......Spydernuts.......yet no replies and no one seems to know anytning about a Standard model. Guess I'll hang on to it for a while.
grant

Post by grant »

I had a Standard and thought it was a great little utility knife. Sturdy,compact and sharp.I ave seen them fairly cheap on EBAY from time to time. I would like to see them produced agian maybe in colors and with the David Boye detent ! As far as I know they were produced round 1989 or so.
col132

Post by col132 »

Thanks for the info Grant. I always assumed that they were stainless and were the low end in the Spyderco line. I hadn't really paid much attention to them until this one popped up. Found them at the Knife Center of the Internet and they showed a price of $75, which for me is certainly not low end. Just wondered how this knife came to be and where it stood in the current Spyderco line. Neat little knife.
Zhang Fei

Post by Zhang Fei »

The Standard, as far as I know, was discontinued at the end of last year. Something about being too many models looking similar. I have one and am looking to get more. Great little knives. Beefy Delica with G-10. Too bad it's not tip-up. Wait, that's the Rookie. Also discontinued. WWWWHHHHYYYY!!!!!????? The horror.

ZF

Before anyone tells me, yes I know the Rookie is a scaled down Police. But hold a Rookie and a Standard in your hands and they are sooooo similar. I like 'em both. Rookie in pocket, Standard IWB.