Page 125 of 130

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:42 am
by archangel
Guys, once again, let's keep this thread reserved for actual Bombshell posts by Sal. Comment on everything else in individual threads.

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:24 am
by Albatross
From the "Sharpening a Knife" thread.
sal wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:10 am
Hi Kat,

The CBN stones are more for re-profiling the edge. Light strokes. I use them to make sure the two sides of the edge are met. It is possible that you can get some edges shaving sharp with just CBN.

We have a new CBN flat stone with 400 mesh on one side and 1,000 mesh on the other side. I sharpened a proto 3.5" CPK with just the 400 mesh and was able to just barely shave.

sal

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:19 am
by Cambertree
Thanks Albatross. That's the good news for the sharpening nerds out there.

Here's the not so good news for those who recall JDSpydo's longtime championing of the discontinued 701 Profile stone set:
sal wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:26 pm
Hi Cambertree,

We got new quotes on the 701 Profiles and we felt they were too expensive to make them and be successful.

Sorry

sal

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:48 am
by Albatross
No problem Cambertree.

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:53 pm
by Freediver
sal wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:44 pm
I understand Eric has a Vallotton planned.

sal

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:24 pm
by Sharp Guy
"I have a Shaman version with no finger choil on which I'm working. I also have a smaller version of the Rock jumper on which I am working.

sal"


viewtopic.php?p=1426717#p1426717

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:30 am
by archangel
About the Counter Puppy:
sal wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:52 pm
Hi Archangel,

We have 2 more sizes planned.

sal
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85885&start=20#p1428468

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:50 pm
by JMM
Per Sal, TWO new Shaman versions are in the works.... YES!

__________________________________________________________________________


JMM,

I have 2 new designs based on the Shaman. Both are still a ways off, so not much to say.

sal
[/quote]

Well, all I can say about that is WOOO-HOOO!!! :) ;) :D :o

Thanks for the info/update, I know lots of folks will be excited to hear this!

Cheers,

John

[/quote]


viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86891&p=1428868#p1428868

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:32 pm
by Cambertree
Interesting news from the Affordable Fixed Blade thread:
sal wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:48 am
Hi Carrot, Cycleguy,

Thanx for the input. We'll make up an "Enuff 2" proto with 3mm stock and a 4" blade. As long as the handle doesn't change, there is little tooling costs for the handle. Tooling up for an FRN sheath would be expensive, but we'll make Kydex (Boltaron) sheaths for testing.

The Fixed blade design that I'm developing at this time has a very similar handle, though a bit longer.

sal
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86862&p=1429036&hil ... 2#p1429036

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:19 pm
by abbazaba
Not a slip joint guy, but does this count
sal wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:15 pm
Hi Cobra,

I've got a 3.5" UK (CPK - Canadian Pen knife ) that will probably go into production and I've got drawing for a larger Roadie.

sal
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85843&start=60#p1431199

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:40 pm
by Liquid Cobra
abbazaba wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:19 pm
Not a slip joint guys, but does this count
sal wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:15 pm
Hi Cobra,

I've got a 3.5" UK (CPK - Canadian Pen knife ) that will probably go into production and I've got drawing for a larger Roadie.

sal
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85843&start=60#p1431199
I came here to write the same exact thing but you beat me to it. This is absolutely a bombshell. Something for us crazy Canadians!!!

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:28 pm
by kennethsime
sal wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:13 pm
Hi Wednesday,

I would say a lot of that is Eric. Also two of us Cut a wider arc in design, innovation and quality. We have a few totally new innovations in-the-works. FYI, Eric's 11 year old son, Kobe, is starting to sit in on some of our R & D meetings.

sal
Thread

Can't wait to see what Kobe comes up with.

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:15 pm
by zenheretic
Sorry to ask, but I just stumbled on a newer Spyderco called the Bombshell. I hope somebody reported it in this thread. The person who started it must have been super cool.

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:21 pm
by SpyderNut
zenheretic wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:15 pm
Sorry to ask, but I just stumbled on a newer Spyderco called the Bombshell. I hope somebody reported it in this thread. The person who started it must have been super cool.
Good to see you back, Zen. It’s been a while. ;) Still have that impressive Ronin collection?

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:56 pm
by zenheretic
SpyderNut wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:21 pm
zenheretic wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:15 pm
Sorry to ask, but I just stumbled on a newer Spyderco called the Bombshell. I hope somebody reported it in this thread. The person who started it must have been super cool.
Good to see you back, Zen. It’s been a while. ;) Still have that impressive Ronin collection?
Hi dude. Just passing through. Hope to get back soon. Sal and the gang have really been busy these past few years. The swayback looks great. Will be a classic for people who don't need crowbars.

The Ronin was a more elegant blade from a more civilized age. I do not. Everyone forgets Snubnose had more than me. Pretty sure we had the market cornered for awhile though. :) Would be cool to see a sprint in white Micarta for the original Ronin. Have both a white and black handle would be a bit of yin and yang.

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:46 am
by JD Spydo
zenheretic wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:56 pm
SpyderNut wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:21 pm
zenheretic wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:15 pm
Sorry to ask, but I just stumbled on a newer Spyderco called the Bombshell. I hope somebody reported it in this thread. The person who started it must have been super cool.
Good to see you back, Zen. It’s been a while. ;) Still have that impressive Ronin collection?
Hi dude. Just passing through. Hope to get back soon. Sal and the gang have really been busy these past few years. The swayback looks great. Will be a classic for people who don't need crowbars.

The Ronin was a more elegant blade from a more civilized age. I do not. Everyone forgets Snubnose had more than me. Pretty sure we had the market cornered for awhile though. :) Would be cool to see a sprint in white Micarta for the original Ronin. Have both a white and black handle would be a bit of yin and yang.
Holy Toledo!!! Brother Zenheretic finally comes back for a visit!!! This reminds me of a line in the first Pet Sematary movie ( 1989 vintage). Where Fred Gwyne who played Jud Crandall said the immortal line "What Is Your's Will Always Come Home To You" :eek: :D Well Brother I'm glad you knew your way back home again ;)
This goes to prove that good threads never die on this forum. Even my old 2005 era New Hawkbill thread pops up from time to time :D Not to mention lady Simona's photo thread lasted so long too.
Well ZEN I hope you decide to stay a while. You country is calling you>> Spyder-Nation is still in need of a few good men :cool:

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:11 pm
by carrot
Re: updated steels for China Spyderco’s, in the Tenacious LW thread
sal wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:52 pm
Thanx Carrot.

Eric worked on that project for a long time, both with the knife maker and the plastics maker. I think they all did an exceptional job. Now he's working on updated steels with the maker.

sal

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:33 pm
by fixall
carrot wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:11 pm
Re: updated steels for China Spyderco’s, in the Tenacious LW thread
sal wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:52 pm
Thanx Carrot.

Eric worked on that project for a long time, both with the knife maker and the plastics maker. I think they all did an exceptional job. Now he's working on updated steels with the maker.

sal
Hmm... BD1N perhaps? That would be rad.

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:27 am
by archangel
Stop the chit-chat already, this thread is JUST for the old man's big news!! Pleeeeease...

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:57 am
by Cambertree
Wrdwright was asking about a coarser brown Goldenstone, which we had previously been given to understand probably wouldn't happen, due to the wear characteristics of the brown ceramic.
sal wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:51 pm
Hi Wrdwrght,

I was just thinking about how could we do that? I think we'd have to offer them with no warrantee against wear? We're getting ready to make another run of Goldenstones. HHHhhhmmmmm.

BTW, I'm planning a CBN "Duckfoot" to go with the Goldenstone.

sal
So it might, MIGHT be a possibility.

And it's good to hear we'll be getting more CBN Duckfoots.

From the 701 Profile Stone Instructions thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35267&start=20