Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wrdwrght

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Post by wrdwrght »

toocool006 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:50 pm
From a recent Kapara thread:

sal wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:30 am
Hi Marius,

We're working on a 3.0" Slippie for the UK market. I'll keep a 3.25 compression lock model in mind as we watch the model in the future.

sal

This is incredibly welcome news, I was recently messaging with Alistair on this design and hoping it was still in the works. A smaller Kapara slippie is easily my #1 most wanted, 3" is perfection for me :D
I considered this statement a bombshell, too. And most welcome.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

This is an Eric bombshell but still worthy of this thread I think! This is a screenshot from a recent Youtube video on the Spyderco Channel! :eek:
https://youtu.be/xiy8GYz ... gs=pl%2Cwn

Looks like a couple new Shaman variants including the Micarta/Cruwear and it looks like a Pakkawood model too!!! :eek:

:eek:
-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Those 2 on the left sure look great
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I know they were in just about every shot and he never said a word about them did he? Glad I'm not the only one who noticed
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I want a wood handled Shaman!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
PStone

Post by PStone »

It seems odd that there would be a regular production model in that particular mix. So I am now left wondering if that all black one is more than the dlc s30v version.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:02 pm
It seems odd that there would be a regular production model in that particular mix. So I am now left wondering if that all black one is more than the dlc s30v version.
That one almost looks like black micarta and not g10 at all.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Cruwear Sold!! Any idea on date of availability?
PStone

Post by PStone »

Dazen wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:28 pm
DirtMcGirt wrote:
That’s what I was thinking. Black Micarta w/dlc cruwear possibly?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Looks like the standard black/dlc shaman to me.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

That sure does look like black micarta and a dlc blade. Now, the real question; which is the Cruwear knife? The first from the left or the black one, or both? If one of the 2 isn't Cruwear, I hope it's Rex45.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

A little after 26 minutes in the video (26:28), Eric briefly goes over these. He specifically shows the brown micarta model and says its micarta and cruwear. He just refers to the black Shaman as a "black version." I'm pretty sure it's the standard black Shaman, as well.
-Nick :bug-red
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Does not matter to me if it is brown a little Rit Dye and Shazam instant Black Beauty Good2Go. I understand different colors people really go for that, I like the Yellow and Orange of the Salt series for high visibility but Black is always my favorite.

I constantly loose my black phone and have threatened to put yellow caution tape on it to make it more visible.

One of the things I love about the Forum Knife 2018 is the Spyder inlay. I would like to suggest while I am thinking of it something along these lines for a high visibility line of knives something tastefully done to add Orange, Yellow, and Toxic Green to standard Black Scales just to give them that extra bit of visibility.

Even as I write this I screwed up Big time and Left my Salt2 DLC PE on the bed, my girlfriend brought it to me I was aghast I said Oh no I am so sorry please tell me I did not leave it there open!

It is very sharp and I just finished opening a Toilet Seat box and installing in the master bed room. Forgot I left it there, thank GOD I made a habit of closing knives early on.

She could have really been hurt.

Had this been more high visibility I would not have missed it while cleaning up.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:32 pm
Dazen wrote:
DirtMcGirt wrote:

Oh man, that would be amazing!! :eek: I would like that even more than the brown/stonewash. Unfortunately, I think it is just the standard DLC S30V G10 version.

I still think they need to release this Micarta Cruwear sprint in both Stonewash and DLC with Brown Micarta and 1200 pieces of each to help get these into the hands of everyone who truly wants one. This is shaping up to be one of, if not the most anticipated releases of all time!!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Just watched the video pay attention to how Eric is pointing to the yellow looking knife on the far left as he describes the Cruwear version clearly this is it.
Mm1313

Post by Mm1313 »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:07 pm
Just watched the video pay attention to how Eric is pointing to the yellow looking knife on the far left as he describes the Cruwear version clearly this is it.
That's the same one they had @ BladeShow, it is the micarta/cruwear edition.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Mm1313 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:15 pm
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:07 pm
That's the same one they had @ BladeShow, it is the micarta/cruwear edition.
Thanks.

I like the color. Will buy one.
PStone

Post by PStone »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:56 pm
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:32 pm
Dazen wrote:
DirtMcGirt wrote:

Oh man, that would be amazing!! :eek: I would like that even more than the brown/stonewash. Unfortunately, I think it is just the standard DLC S30V G10 version.

I still think they need to release this Micarta Cruwear sprint in both Stonewash and DLC with Brown Micarta and 1200 pieces of each to help get these into the hands of everyone who truly wants one. This is shaping up to be one of, if not the most anticipated releases of all time!!
I think it’s the black dlc production now as well. Just the way it’s referred to as the “black version”. But if there ever was a black Micarta dlc cruwear, I’d be a buyer.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Anyone knows or could detect if the (light) brown Micarta Shaman has a stonewashed blade?

For most of you odd, probably, but I don´t care for Cruwear (S30V works perfectly for me), but sure for Micarta and stonewashed blades (specifically on the Shaman, not necessarely on all folders)... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:03 am
Anyone knows or could detect if the (light) brown Micarta Shaman has a stonewashed blade?

For most of you odd, probably, but I don´t care for Cruwear (S30V works perfectly for me), but sure for Micarta and stonewashed blades (specifically on the Shaman, not necessarely on all folders)... ;)
I don’t recall now but have you ever owned and used Cruwear? You write allot about things you have no experience with and usually have the good grace to admit it.

Is this one of those times again?

Frankly as I am selling off my collection the only knives that are 100% safe from being sold are the ones in Cruwear.

Have a very difficult time believing anyone does not care for Cruwear.