Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi
Member
Posts: 6733
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby vivi » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Prices going up again?

Hmm, maybe I will make one more order this year.

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5546
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby Sharp Guy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:43 pm

Vivi wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 pm
Prices going up again?

Hmm, maybe I will make one more order this year.
^ That's what I was thinking too. I just got a nice Christmas bonus and I'd still like to pick up a Sage 5 LW and Ikuchi. I'll probably be better off buying them sooner rather than later
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 2477
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby Mushroom » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:52 pm

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:43 pm
Vivi wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 pm
Prices going up again?

Hmm, maybe I will make one more order this year.
^ That's what I was thinking too. I just got a nice Christmas bonus and I'd still like to pick up a Sage 5 LW and Ikuchi. I'll probably be better off buying them sooner rather than later
If it helps make your decision any easier, I believe the Sage 5 LW is already priced based on the new 30% MAP.
- Nick

:spyder:

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5546
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby Sharp Guy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:08 pm

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:52 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:43 pm
Vivi wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 pm
Prices going up again?

Hmm, maybe I will make one more order this year.
^ That's what I was thinking too. I just got a nice Christmas bonus and I'd still like to pick up a Sage 5 LW and Ikuchi. I'll probably be better off buying them sooner rather than later
If it helps make your decision any easier, I believe the Sage 5 LW is already priced based on the new 30% MAP.
Good point! Besides, I'm kind of hoping for a variation of the base version. I guess I'll hold off for now.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

VashHash
Member
Posts: 3796
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby VashHash » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:25 am

I better buy my respect now before it jumps in price. Wish I had purchased the darn daos when they first came out.

User avatar
archangel
Member
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:02 pm
Location: Wuppertal, Germany, Earth

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby archangel » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:07 am

VashHash wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:25 am
I better buy my respect now before it jumps in price. Wish I had purchased the darn daos when they first came out.

You're into the really small knives, huh? :eek:
Michael
The count is 37 / 34

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 9681
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby bearfacedkiller » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:31 am

VashHash wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:25 am
I better buy my respect now before it jumps in price. Wish I had purchased the darn daos when they first came out.
BHQ has a Opus/Respect combo right now. ;) Go!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

VashHash
Member
Posts: 3796
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby VashHash » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:17 pm

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:31 am
VashHash wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:25 am
I better buy my respect now before it jumps in price. Wish I had purchased the darn daos when they first came out.
BHQ has a Opus/Respect combo right now. ;) Go!!!
I bought the bargain bin model. It has a stain on the spyderco pouch but it was $60 cheaper. Still got a free morakniv basic 511 too.

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 6701
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby Spydergirl88 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:30 pm

From bladeforums 2020 price change thread:
Sal Glesser, post: 19428757, member: 105187 wrote: We haven't sold to Amazon for the past year. Yes, it does hurt us, but we couldn't get them to work with us and we don't think it fair for them to be our only dealer.

We've tried a number of things over the years to try to have an honest, fair and proper distribution, but I will admit it's challenging. Especially when one wants to look at business long term. We are always open to suggestions, but we prefer big picture suggestions rather than "just give me the cheapest price".
sal
Interesting they don't sell to Amazon anymore. I like it.

User avatar
Albatross
Member
Posts: 614
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby Albatross » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:14 pm

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:30 pm
From bladeforums 2020 price change thread:
Sal Glesser, post: 19428757, member: 105187 wrote: We haven't sold to Amazon for the past year. Yes, it does hurt us, but we couldn't get them to work with us and we don't think it fair for them to be our only dealer.

We've tried a number of things over the years to try to have an honest, fair and proper distribution, but I will admit it's challenging. Especially when one wants to look at business long term. We are always open to suggestions, but we prefer big picture suggestions rather than "just give me the cheapest price".
sal
Interesting they don't sell to Amazon anymore. I like it.
Absolutely. Amazon's business practices don't sit well with me, I'd rather see reputable dealers, both large and small, getting the profits from Spyderco sales.

This was yet another example of what integrity looks like.
sal wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

...But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of "deigning in the dark"...

sal

vivi
Member
Posts: 6733
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby vivi » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:19 pm

Albatross wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:14 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:30 pm
From bladeforums 2020 price change thread:
Sal Glesser, post: 19428757, member: 105187 wrote: We haven't sold to Amazon for the past year. Yes, it does hurt us, but we couldn't get them to work with us and we don't think it fair for them to be our only dealer.

We've tried a number of things over the years to try to have an honest, fair and proper distribution, but I will admit it's challenging. Especially when one wants to look at business long term. We are always open to suggestions, but we prefer big picture suggestions rather than "just give me the cheapest price".
sal
Interesting they don't sell to Amazon anymore. I like it.
Absolutely. Amazon's business practices don't sit well with me, I'd rather see reputable dealers, both large and small, getting the profits from Spyderco sales.

This was yet another example of what integrity looks like.
This makes me like Spyderco even more.

I don't do business with Amazon. I won't go into the details, but often times I feel alone in this decision. Nice to not feel that way for a change!

SF Native
Member
Posts: 1431
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:25 am
Location: Fairfax, Ca

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby SF Native » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:23 pm

From what are you carrying thread...
sal wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:20 pm
Thursday was a Lil' Pattada prototype. Friday was a Shawn Houston prototype. Yesterday was a Kaila Cumming prototype. ;) :p

sal

SF Native
Member
Posts: 1431
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:25 am
Location: Fairfax, Ca

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby SF Native » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:29 pm

sal wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:08 pm
...
I will say that Eric is planning a few more Mule Teams with some new steels.

sal
From slipit as a mule thread

User avatar
5-by-5
Member
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:12 pm
Location: Puget Sound

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby 5-by-5 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:21 pm

We're in the process of making tooling for a Pacific Salt 2. It will be made with the same pattern as the Endura 4 (I know some people don't like the handle pattern but most do ). It will be made the same as the Salt 2 with no liners, just a internal FRN frame.

We will be using H1 in both plain edge and serrated edge. I know some don't like the edge retention of PE H1, but some do, including me because it gets very sharp. It just need to be sharpened more often, which I for one am willing to do. Easy peasy with a Sharp-maker. We have also worked with our Seki maker to use LC and I have an LC Pacific Salt PE that I've been using for 6 months and it's also very nice and hard enough. We do have plans for the future, as you might expect? There are also more things in-the-works that I cannot mention at this time. Thanx for your interest.

sal

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9049
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby Doc Dan » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:28 am

Wonderful news. The Endura handle is very comfortable for me with a slight mod so this is good news. The LC200N sounds interesting too as I just can’t love the Native 5.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 6701
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby Spydergirl88 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:08 am

On BF concerning Gayle Bradley folder-
Sal Glesser, post: 19465861, member: 105187 wrote:Gayle has been working on a 3.0" blade folder design.

sal

BornIn1500
Member
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby BornIn1500 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:31 am

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:08 am
On BF concerning Gayle Bradley folder-
Sal Glesser, post: 19465861, member: 105187 wrote:Gayle has been working on a 3.0" blade folder design.

sal
And that was in response to someone asking about whether the Gayle Bradley 2 will ever be in stock again. Seems like that was Sal's way of saying "no".

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2264
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby Larry_Mott » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:11 am

BornIn1500 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:31 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:08 am
On BF concerning Gayle Bradley folder-
Sal Glesser, post: 19465861, member: 105187 wrote:Gayle has been working on a 3.0" blade folder design.

sal
And that was in response to someone asking about whether the Gayle Bradley 2 will ever be in stock again. Seems like that was Sal's way of saying "no".
I hope that's not the case. I have no idea how well they sell/sold though, so maybe they're going the way of the Dodo..
Looking forward to new Bradley/s, still sad to see the old ones go.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

Notsurewhy
Member
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby Notsurewhy » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:42 am

BornIn1500 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:31 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:08 am
On BF concerning Gayle Bradley folder-
Sal Glesser, post: 19465861, member: 105187 wrote:Gayle has been working on a 3.0" blade folder design.

sal
And that was in response to someone asking about whether the Gayle Bradley 2 will ever be in stock again. Seems like that was Sal's way of saying "no".
I hope not. I've been waiting for the SFO to get these back in stock for months. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been readily available since before the disco list came out. I don't know why it wasn't on the list of they weren't planning on making more. I guess all plans can change, but that's disappointing.

On the bright side, a 3" Bradley folder, possibly/probably in m4? Sign me up! Hoping it doesn't have CF laminate; I'd rather have plain g10 for the same price or pay more for real CF.

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 2477
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Postby Mushroom » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:53 am

I hope I'm wrong, but I believe the Gayle Bradley 2 was "shadow discontinued." It didn't appear in the annual discontinued list, but was discontinued sometime during the year without a formal announcement.
- Nick

:spyder:


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DigDug72, Featherblade, Google [Bot], Granoo Fink, Hendrik, koenigsegg, SLOSpyder, sn0wman72, soc_monki and 35 guests