Dodo, Dodo, Dodo

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BlackNinja

Dodo, Dodo, Dodo

Post by BlackNinja »

Well' if the Dodo does go extinct, I just got mine :D . Since I have been a member I have bought nothing but :spyder: , The quality & price just can't be beat. Nothing major but in a couple of months: A Chinook II, an Endura, a ZDP Caly jr, a Cricket, Forum Dialexa (when it arrives), a ZDP Delica (when it's released),and my new Dodo (when it arrives). Just wanted to thank the Forum members for all of your input. Thanks, Joe
Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh;
Let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones;
Let him fracture your bones and you take his life!
-Bruce Lee-
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Joe
Crafft

Post by Crafft »

You've realy been bitten seriously :D

Enjoy your Dodo :)
Blades

Post by Blades »

I just picked up one in polished black G10, I am still getting used to the ball lock. I never liked the ball lock, I never could unlock it as quick I as I think I should be able to(does that make sense).
I'll report back in a few weeks. It did bite me already. I haven't been bit since March. :)

Blades
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Congrats BlackNinja :cool:

Just got mine today. A black Dodo/SE. Scary sharp little bugger :eek: .And an ugly knife it is :D :D . I like it better than my blue PE one :)

Ejoy!!!
Gallaghe

Post by Gallaghe »

I am not fond of ball locks either yet will purchase one before they are discontinued as something to add to my collection only.
Stay Safe!
Kevin S. Gallagher
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

Gallaghe wrote:I am not fond of ball locks either yet will purchase one before they are discontinued as something to add to my collection only.
:spyder: Make sure and try it in normal use, it just might become your all time favorite! (it's very useful.) :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

I think you'll enjoy the Dodo Blackninja! I love the stealthy appearance of the knife while in the pocket...really light....G10 handle feels superb in the hand and you gotta love the cutting power of the recurve blade....I've never had any trouble with the Ball bearing lock .... closing the knife does take more dexterity though vs. a linerlock, for example but I liked the Dodo so much that I got two plain edge versions, one in each color! :D
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

BlackNinja you will thoroughly enjoy the Dodo. Whatever else I may EDC, the Dodo is a necessity, and is NEVER rotated out. It completely disappears in your pocket(love that low riding clip), it is easily flickable(especially after being broken in a little), and it's ambidextrous(Thank you :D )

There are some who have had problems with the ball bearing lock, just make sure you check it when you get it. Some have had faulty locks where one applies pressure to the spine of the blade, and the ball bearing will slowly retract, and the lock fails. Not all that important if you're doing normal cutting, but just something to be aware of.

It happens to me once in a while, but since I don't use the spine of the blade for utility purposes, I'm not worried about it. I also can't duplicate the problem, it happens when it wants to(maybe something with the temperature :confused: )

But don't let that stop you, it's a rare issue, and most will not have this problem. Enjoy that Dodo, it is one of the best Spyderco knives to date(it's on my top ten list I think)
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

DODO!!! I am at work right now and what do you know, I have a DODO in my pocket! :eek:
Attachments
SPYDERCO 168.jpg
SPYDERCO 168.jpg (28.84 KiB) Viewed 1081 times